Official Ghostbusters (2016) Thread

thearmdealer

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Man I really think they F up with the Leslie Jones casting tbh. She's playing the same character that she's plays on SNL. They couldn't think of someone like Queen Latifah or even Monique for that role? :stopitslime:

MR. Conclusion

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
GARBAGE.

The trailer left a lot to be desired. It's just not funny.

It's like they didn't even bother to watch the original movies.

I can't tell which project is worse, this or the Zoe Saldana movie.

HipHopStan

Top 113 Poster
Daps
Reppin
I LIVE IN A CARDBOARD BOX!
Anyone else kinda feel like Sony's Special Effect team is meh. I mean it looks kinda like the Spiderman reboots effect wise.

Idk what happened to that SFX crew that worked on Spider-man 2. They won an Oscar for that, and they haven't been seen or heard from since in any Sony movie. :sadcam:

HipHopStan

Top 113 Poster
Daps
Reppin
I LIVE IN A CARDBOARD BOX!

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
Let's stop all the bullshyt

Are we betting bans on gross money or not?

Yea I know what GB made. It was a good movie

shyt ain't even out yet. They have no bill Murray, Dan ackroyd type stars. And b list actresses read the entire script and was like nah fukk this

And already y'all got all your chips in to say it's gonna make summer blockbuster money

Let's bet it. International or America. Let's figure out these numbers and bet it

Bro if mad max fury road can make 140 domestic and 340 ww without even opening in china yet and the average person other than cinephiles and nerds didn't know what a mad max is, this will EASILY make 500 worldwide.

He made over 160 domestic with heat and bridesmaids

Im gonna guess 250 domestic minimum and 300 to 400 ww. Even moreso on both ends if critical response is good.

Prolly 300/400 for 700 total. and I'm probably low balling

I'll take that bet. Now I haven't seen any reviews so I'm not putting up more than a week.

But 700 worldwide and let's say 6 months in theater. I'm ready

is this a coli cash bet or verbal? I have no clue how it works

Me either lol. I was hoping you did

Let's just start with a gentlemans bet. When it gets closer to release we'll figure it out

so breh.... we still making that 250 domestic and 300-400 ww bet???

cause this shyt looks just as trash as i first imagined it

DaylitoJames

#SnitchGang Elite
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sneak Nation
As a movie this just looks too: hipsterish, bland, New York looks boring and not alive like it did in the original movie, dialogue is blah, ghosts don't look scary and the comedy looks generic.

As far as the cast goes they picked the wrong women. I actually do find some women funny... but this is horrible casting. They would have been better using Tina Fey, Amy Poehler, Tiffany Haddish and Kate McKinnon can stay. Rashida Jones would have been a better pick as well.