Official Ghostbusters (2016) Thread

Bone Bender

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Lol @ all the dislikes on youtube

Yeah the reaction to it isn't very good. :francis:

What makes it even more sad is Sony is trying to delete all the negative comments and its not working:mjlol:
Thats the first thing I noticed. I figured a movie of this scale with these actors would have at least 80% likes.

The black woman has to be loud and have 'street smarts' of course. :dry:
Lol. I guess they needed the female Winston. They already got the other shytty female versions of Peter, Ray and Egon.

Rayzah

I'm Everywhere you ain't never there
Daps
said the same thing to my girl, ironic she isn't one of the engineers and is the "wise cracking street smart" black woman.

This trailer did literally nothing to make me want to see it.
As if I needed another reason to not care about this movie, we need to stop trying so hard to be reappers and soprts stars and put some energy into getting into directing in hollywood cause this white boys dont know enough about black people to write them in movies.. TV seems to have caught up tho

TKOK

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Sactown
I admit to smirking when the ghost puked in the beginning, but that's about it. film looks like hot garbage.

Jazzy B.

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Didn't need footage to tell me this would hot :trash: but this looks even worse than what I imagined :mjlol:

Doesn't look entertaining or funny, I hate that that black woman is the only one they could find to fill the quota she's not very camera friendly at all

That's why she was picked, they got an actor who can pull off the sambo face along with the mannerisms and expressions. She's playing a damn mammy :scust:.

Box Cutta

Bumbling Sidekick
Daps
Reppin
Sanitation Department
Blatant :mjpls: aside....

Not sure if I'm feelin' this.

I like the use of colors and the visual design of the sets. The equipment also looks real cool. I'm torn on the ghost....the first one (Which, seems to be sort of a call back to the library ghost in the first GB movie) is cool. But later in the trailer we start seeing signs of how the lack of limits with CGI ruins modern movies....just a bunch of shyt being thrown on screen without any rhyme or reason.

That ending scene with the possession is bizarre.

Hopefully they are holding things back in the humor department because the jokes we got in this trailer left me like :patrice:

IMO, women just aren't as funny as men.

:ld: trailer

need an update of this:

maybe get an R&B chick to do it

This shyt will forever be a jam.

Pretty sure this is a Babyface production.

Honestly this just reminds me...the second movie was lame anyways. It's not like this is some sacred franchise.

nikka you acting like Melissa McCarthy pretty or something. All them brawds homely as hell. And how the hell you know people laugh at her and not with her? You took a poll of everyone whose seen everything she's ever played in. WTF.

:laff:

Notorious 1 E.Y.E.

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
the low end. southside chi
I just seen it after debating to watch this all morning, and I'm just so :snoop: shyt looks unfunny as fukk... I dont know what it is but women is just not funny to me, not to say that women cant be funny but it looks uninspired and lazy... the difference between the original cast is that they had amazing comedic timing, the jokes was funny and the characters stood out. You had the nerd Ray, the straight man, Peter, the Scientist Egon and the everyday Joe, Winston...

So now we got this bunch, I only laughed once during the trailer.... :comeon:

The ecto 1 being a herse makes sense since the original was an old school herse like machine. but the nostalgia isnt hitting me. They use a bear trap to trap ghosts instead of the trapper??? :comeon:

I'll probably torrent this bytch but I'm not gonna waste my money....

:snooze: that is all...
The og wasn't a herse, it was an ambulance

Grifter

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Watching
I got no problem with her working in the subway, cause Winston was just a regular dude looking for work. But essentially it seems like Leslie is just playing herself. Which is :ld: