dennis roadman

nuclear war in my bag
Daps
Reppin
solsbury hill
explain breh :ohhh:
Both assumed to be useful but relatively powerless by the top guys
Had connections out the ass in high and low places
Rose up from nothing by playing the background and supplying whoever needed it with whoever could provide in return
Both got cocky and got done in by their apprentices and died begging for their lives

Obviously Marlo wasn't really his apprentice but Joe fukked up by considering him one re: the co-op and washing money to move beyond rep and into real power

Sansa and Marlo both clocked LF/Joe until they found them useless, then had them killed

Think about why they called him proposition joe, do you think that same nickname couldn't be applied to LF?

Also both lived in Baltimore :skip:

5StarElite

All Star
Daps
Reppin
In the ocean where the sharks be at
Littlefinger ain't have a plan. We've discussed this in seasons past, all he wanted to do was create chaos. He didn't have some master plan that had to followed from point to point. He was a master at adapting and improving his position in midst of chaos as the people with real power are too distracted to realize what he's doing. His ability to adapt is best illustrated in his ploy to get Sansa out of King's Landing. This was thwarted by Varys yet Littlefinger still managed to bounce back and get her out in another way that had nothing to do with his original plan.
his original plan was sit on the iron throne. Dude eventually fell in love wit Sansa and planed on using her as his vehicle

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
I re-read the Melisandre chapter to look for more Bran clues. Turns out I misremembered it. She doesn't see Bran as the "Great Other"....she just questions whether he is the enemy. We all know that she can't interpret the fires for shyt, so I'm not sure this even counts as evidence.

detach

Banned
Daps
Reppin
OHIO
Thought season 7 was dope as hell but yeah I do agree with some of the haters.

They should had Viserion landed on solid ground when it got hit with the death blow and not sank into the frozen lake. Would had made more sense, since white walker can't swim, those big chains, and seeing the dead working together to drag the dead dragon's body out of the lake kind of humanize the army of the dead.

Jon Snow should had just hop on the dragon and gotten away. I believe the writers wanted a scenario where Dany is on the wall, hoping for Jon to survive to show the bond the two now have towards each other. It came off force and like others have already stated, another cheated death is going to desensitizes the show. Battle of the b*stard was perfection and imo believable for everyone to clash right before Jon was going to get run over. Swimming out of the lake, getting rescue by the uncle, finding your way back to wall, couldn't had been written by the same person who wrote the Battle of the b*stard. If the purpose of these scenes is to show how heroic Jon is, then it's not needed. Thats already been established, if the writers keep going down this path with this type of terrible writing, they're going to over do it and viewers like myself going to end up, hoping for Jon's death, rather. Like what the green goblin said in the first Spiderman, the people are going to root for the hero at first, but we going want you to failed more. As for displaying the affection that Dany have for Jon, just give me a scene on the boat, her doing MRI checks on Jon, making sure he wasn't injured during the fight.

Last edited:
Daps
his original plan was sit on the iron throne. Dude eventually fell in love wit Sansa and planed on using her as his vehicle
His goal was to sit on the iron throne, I don't think that ever changed.

I'm saying he didn't have some master plan he needed to follow to get there. He was just improving his position by playing the game trying to get closer and closer to that goal. Point being, when he had Jon Arryn poisoned, he didn't expect the next few years would go exactly as they did, he just knew shyt would go crazy and he'd find a way to capitalize in that chaos.

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
I re-read the Melisandre chapter to look for more Bran clues. Turns out I misremembered it. She doesn't see Bran as the "Great Other"....she just questions whether he is the enemy. We all know that she can't interpret the fires for shyt, so I'm not sure this even counts as evidence.
Side note, in this chapter Melisandre sees "towers by the sea, crumbling as the dark tide sweeps over them"

:ehh:

So perhaps Eastwatch is the target in the books as well, even if its by different means than a Stark dragon

tru_m.a.c

IC veteran
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Gaithersburg, MD via Queens/LI
I thought that Stark logo among the dead was a photoshop this whole time

Just went back and saw that it was real:dahell:

I need to know if this is just a random Easter Egg or if they are hinting at a Stark/Walker connection (which many of us have theorizes long before the Bran/Night King stuff)

I think it's definitely a Stark/Walker connection... theory wise it fits, but we won't positively know until the show is over.

:yeshrug::manny:

I thought we had raised the possibility of the Night King being a long lost Stark after they showed the children of the forest creating the NightWalker out of one of the first men

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
I thought we had raised the possibility of the Night King being a long lost Stark after they showed the children of the forest creating the NightWalker out of one of the first men
We were raising it long before then. Since the first time we saw the Nights King, S04E05 Oathbreaker.

But there has been very little direct evidence.

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Thought season 7 was dope as hell but yeah I do agree with some of the haters.

They should had Viserion landed on solid ground when it got hit with the death blow and not sank into the frozen lake. Would had made more sense, since white walker can't swim, those big chains, and seeing the dead working together to drag the dead dragon's body out of the lake kind of humanize the army of the dead.
How does that humanize them. Aren't they all controlled by the night king in some sort of Worg like/hivemind fashion?

FAH1223

Go Wizards, Go Terps, Go Packers!
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WASHINGTON, DC
Did you guys have a Season 1 discussion thread? I'd like to read it when I do my rewatch eventually. Your reactions in these threads are gold. Although this year with the spoilers and theories and whinging its been :ld:

Season 1 thread? :mjlol:

That was during SOHH days :russ: