The Watcher

Judging you from afar
Daps
Reppin
Peepholes
I don't know WHY people seem to think that Bronn is Jamie's BFF or something. That muthafukka done told Jamie 1.5 trillion times that's he's in it for the MONEY. Not to be a hero, not to defend the realm, not to defend the 7 Kingdoms, and CERTAINLY not to ride off to defend all of mankind against no goddamn White Walkers.

Jamie: We're riding North

Bronn: Why:dwillhuh:

Jamie: For HONOR:gladbron:

Bronn::gucci:

Jamie: All of mankind is at sta-

Bronn: nikka I don't like it if it don't Gleam Gleam and the hell with the world cause the money's EVERYTHING:hubie:

How much money does Bronn get from sticking around with Cersei who wants him punished for setting up the Jamie/Tyrion meeting? Unless he dipped out with Tyrion to go to the exact same White Walker place as Jamie because Tyrion outright said that he'd paid him more than anyone, Bronn gets nothing but killed if he stays in King's Landing.

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
Twists have to be properly set up. They can't just happen out of nowhere. And twists are supposed to put all of the scenes leading up to it in a different context so when you go back and watch it you're like :ohhh:it was all there. Twists aren't supposed to retroactively make all of the scenes leading up to it seem stupid or nonsensical. If they do then it's bad writing. And everything to get to the twist was just manufactured to trick you, at the expense of the story and characters. Or what people say "twist for the sake of a twist." Good twists make you appreciate the journey to get to the twist. Bad twists care only about the shock of the moment, with very little care given to how you get there.

GRRM has a three-step reveal strategy for his twists.

From his editor:

..it is easier to tell when he’s overplaying a hand and revealing things too early if you don’t actually know going in what will happen. That said, now that I’ve realized his three-fold revelation strategy, I see it in play almost every time. The first, subtle hint for the really astute readers, followed later by the more blatant hint for the less attentive, followed by just spelling it out for everyone else. It’s a brilliant strategy, and highly effective.

Like the Red Wedding and Neds Execution, still the biggest twists in the show, all had clues leading up to it. They didn't sacrifice story and characters for a shocking moment.
Nothing about Sansa/Arya was nonsensical. It was not entertaining and it was not what I hoped to get out of the characters, but it all made sense.

Littlefinger tried to play Sansa and Arya. He had mild success on both. But they eventually sniffed him out and went to Bran to confirm. The end.

Jesus christ people....do you all realize how ASININE the entire Littlefinger strategy has been since the start, AS WRITTEN BY GRRM? It has all basically been "throw shyt on a wall and hope that it somehow benefits me in the end, and hope someone doesn't find out and kill me"

This motherfukker started the War of the 5 Kings even though he was getting PERSONALLY RICH off of Roberts reign. Do you all really think its "great writing" that he killed Jon Arryn and only eventually benefited after a complicated mess of coincidences that all fell in his favor?

Own up to your biases. You will hate ANYTHING you perceive to be a D&D creation

(When I say YOU i mean lots of people, not the person I quoted)

Anbesa

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Yeah that's annoying, I would have wanted to see that scene. I mean I get that they wanted to keep some tension there but it would've made more narrative sense. The writers have really been :yeshrug:All season tho.

Also I've been re watching from the beginning and Dinklage really plays Tyrion with zero fukking swag these days. I get that he's been through a lot and is a more somber/reserved guy now but he used to be my favorite character and now he's just borderline trash. Watching the old eps I was like :ohhh: Oh yeah that's why I fukked with Tyrion in the first place. He wasn't always a stale faced little p*ssyboy.
The problem is Tyrion isn't getting any p*ssy. He spent the first 3 season fukking whores and/or fukking one whore in particular. Since dude's been with Dany, idk if he's even had time to visit a brothel. He might need to just get his dikk wet and he'll be back in form.

OJ Simpsom

Banned
Daps
The problem is Tyrion isn't getting any p*ssy. He spent the first 3 season fukking whores and/or fukking one whore in particular. Since dude's been with Dany, idk if he's even had time to visit a brothel. He might need to just get his dikk wet and he'll be back in form.
After what Shae did to him, I'm sure he's done with brothel whores.

OJ Simpsom

Banned
Daps
Possibly, he's still a man tho. Do you give any weight to theory that he might have fallen for Dany?
Naw. I think he's just realising that Dany is quick to fall for any man and is worried that a Dany/Jon relationship could put them in more danger with Cersei and even the Northern houses. Also, Dany listens to Jon now more than Tyrion. He must be jealous of that too.

Brozay

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
@Brozay @Sonny Corinthos

Let's talk about the wildling :mjcry:
l3p9Z.gif