jackswstd

Retired
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
I hate these websites that go nitpicking everything that happened. They were talking about how did they pull Viserion from the water if the walkers can't swim , how The Mountain is like a white walker so why did they take one for Cersei to see, that if Arya and Sansa were playing Baelish why were they arguing alone. Just dumb shyt that could be explained if they actually sat and thought about it.

Lord Beasley

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
469 x 972 x 702
if jon asks dany to fly arya out on one of her uber dragons near king's landing then do a captain america style jump into the sea, technically arya could get into the castle undetected or through the front gates with lilfinger's face and get close to cersei and stab her in the fukking face before words gets to king's landing that lilfinger dead :troll:

i would fukking collapse if that shyt happened tho :lolbron:
:pachaha: that would be some epic shyt. But I think it would go like Sansa getting stabbed directly in the heart before Arya even got close enough.

We gotta wait so long to find out how the game ends :mjcry:

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
LankyIdolizedAntipodesgreenparakeet-max-14mb.gif

Huellz Santana

Shocking
Daps
Reppin
Da city where the skinny nikkas die
Ya but then the Little Finger scene wouldnt have been dramatic since we knew Sansa got info from Bran.

I haven't bought any of the season box sets, but have they included any extra/delete scenes in theM?

that's what happens when writers rely on shock tactics versus writing a good narrative.​

Tasha And

Superstar
Daps
This.
I don't understand people. They complain that the show is too predictable then complain when a twist happens because there were no clues leading up to it.
Twists have to be properly set up. They can't just happen out of nowhere. And twists are supposed to put all of the scenes leading up to it in a different context so when you go back and watch it you're like :ohhh:it was all there. Twists aren't supposed to retroactively make all of the scenes leading up to it seem stupid or nonsensical. If they do then it's bad writing. And everything to get to the twist was just manufactured to trick you, at the expense of the story and characters. Or what people say "twist for the sake of a twist." Good twists make you appreciate the journey to get to the twist. Bad twists care only about the shock of the moment, with very little care given to how you get there.

GRRM has a three-step reveal strategy for his twists.

From his editor:

..it is easier to tell when he’s overplaying a hand and revealing things too early if you don’t actually know going in what will happen. That said, now that I’ve realized his three-fold revelation strategy, I see it in play almost every time. The first, subtle hint for the really astute readers, followed later by the more blatant hint for the less attentive, followed by just spelling it out for everyone else. It’s a brilliant strategy, and highly effective.

Like the Red Wedding and Neds Execution, still the biggest twists in the show, all had clues leading up to it. They didn't sacrifice story and characters for a shocking moment.

Last edited: