Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
The show is still great but it's obvious without the books the writers are barely average.:ld:I'm still enjoying the season regardless.:manny:

Where is Martin then? He hasn't finished a book in six years. Do D&D have six years to write these episodes? No, they do not. Martin gave them the outline and forced them to finish HIS story because he doesn't even want to finish his own story.

Comparing the two is ridiculous. Martin is not on a deadline, THEY ARE.

MalikX

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Worldwide Entertainment
It wasn't 4 days. That's an estimation. These are fukking dragons. Nobody knows how fast a dragon can fly because guess what? It is something called FANTASY.

It probably took Gendry maybe 3-4 hours to run back (in real life he would have gotten lost and died but, fine :mjlol:)

Ravens travel at 50 mph. Eastwatch to Dragonstone is 1500 miles. So that's 30 hours.

Let's say a Dragon can fly at 150 mph. Meaning Dany got up there in 10 hours.

So it took about 2 days.

Keep in mind, I failed physics my first go round in high school :whoa:

Alexander The Great

I ain't gonna say this sh*t again
Supporter
Daps
ManyFaceGawd_coli_edition.jpg

I made a comic for the brehs in the thread. :banderas:

I haven't even published it yet. :wow:

Check out roastedlikeever.com twice a week for more piff. :mjgrin:
:laff: fool

CJ

Your objective semi-troll
Daps
Reppin
6ix
Kinda funny that no one is shocked anymore about Dragons and White Walkers. Before everyone was like "Dragons are a myth" or "No one believes that the dead walks" but when it happens they're like they see it everyday :mjlol:
Haha I know. I was looking forward to seeing the reactions of Jamie/Bronn, and then as recent as Tormund/Beric/Hound.. but outside of Jamie's somewhat shock/disbelief look, the rest carried on business as usual. The latter especially, hoping on Drogon like a bus to downtown :dead:

Last edited:

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The average writer can pump out at least 4 pages a day or 1,000 words. Some professional authors can write 20 pages a day. Stephen King used to blaze through books. This is how your favorite author can release a book every year. But, let's keep it at 4 pages. 4 pages over a year is 1,460 pages of material. That's a little bit larger than the size of a typical ASOIAF book. Then, let's give him a second year to completely rewrite it and fix all the flaws in the story. Then, let's give him a third year to have it professionally edited for commercial release. Also, let's give him a buffer year to relax/travel/plan out the story. Going by this, we should've had Winds of Winter by 2014 or 2015 and A Dream of Spring by 2017 or 2018.

Dude has taken longer and longer and longer to release each book.

1996 - Game of Thrones
1998 - A Clash of Kings
2000 - A Storm of Swords
2005 - A Feast for Crows
2011 - A Dance With Dragons
2017, it's almost 2018 now - ?????

He went from dropping these joints every two years to taking 6-7 years.

So either, the first couple of books must have been written BEFOREHAND in the same way Tolkien had wrote the entire LOTR trilogy or GRRM has lost motivation to finish the story overtime because his output nosedived. I wouldn't be surprised if the new book is still unfinished :mjgrin: I really think he wrote himself into a corner and he realizes he can't finish the story in 2 books. With all the storylines he has (Aegon, Arianne, Dany, Jon Snow, Tyrion, Margery, Bran, Sweetrobin & Sansa, Theon, Yara & the Ironborn) up in the air, he realizes he needs to write 3-4 more books instead.
THEM FUKKIN BOOKS AINT COMING OUT BRUH:gucci::dahell::damn::mindblown::martin:

STOP THIS

Tasha And

Superstar
Daps
THEM FUKKIN BOOKS AINT COMING OUT BRUH:gucci::dahell::damn::mindblown::martin:

STOP THIS
Football season about to start, so we're about to start getting 1,000 word blog posts about the Giants and Jets from GRRM that no one asks for.

It's always hilarious reading him write about football in such an old english/novelist writing style:mjlol:especially since 90% of the people that read his blog don't give a shyt about football

No Draft For Me
  • Apr. 27th, 2017 at 12:53 PM

I am looking forward to having a great time this weekend at Stokercon... but I am a little bummed that it's happening on the same weekend as the NFL Draft, which I usually watch gavel to gavel.

I guess the members of the HWA are not into NFL football. Feh. How can they understand the true nature of horror unless they're fans of the New York Jets?

I guess I will need to get by this year without my annual dose of Chris Berman and Mel Kiper. I do plan to check in from time to time. Surely the Queen Mary has ESPN.

If wishes were fishes, both of my teams would land running backs. I want the Jets to draft Leonard Fournette with the sixth overall pick, and the Giants to take Christian McCaffery. I loves me a good running game. Smashmouth football rules!

Many of the mocks are projecting that both teams will get tight ends instead: OJ Howard to Gang Green, David Njoku to Big Blue. That would be good as well. A great TE can make a huge difference.

What the G-Men need most of all, of course, is a huge road-grinder of an offensive lineman.

The Jets need everything.

:dead:

Last edited:

Robbie3000

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This show was ALWAYS going to turn into a "big dumb action movie" because at the end of the day it's about ice zombies and dragons. All the political chess games and relationships and everything else that's been explored throughout the series has come down to this.

This is still a fantasy show that has to end with fantasy warfare. spent 7 fukking seasons developing these characters. If you don't know their motivations by now then how did you get to this point?

I remember back in the earlier seasons book readers specifically were bytching because some battles were skipped over in favor of dialogue. It came down to how much they could fit into the budget.

These same people who were complaining then are complaining now because there's too much action :mjlol:

This is the climax. This is what most people have beenwaiting for. Not to say the political elements weren't great, they obviously were.. but that shyt don't matter much when in the face of ice zombies breh.

Martin was going to finish this story with zombies against dragons. If you think he wasn't then you are a buffoon. It was always heading towards this clash between the forces. Everything else was his way of discussing politics in England and elsewhere. Again, it was great to read and all the chess pieces moving around was fun and the mysteries were great but we are past that.

Enjoy the ride :myman:

GRRM is a pacifist and he is on record saying war should not be the deciding factor in closing out the story.

He is also against a black and white good vs. bad fantasy trope.

Hopefully we get some good surprises from here on out because unpredictability was what drew most people to this show. Once we witnessed Ned's beheading and the Red Wedding, we knew we were not watching a conventional TV series.

I think what is bugging people like myself is that the show has become Predictable and conventional....even though the action sequences and visuals are truly amazing.

I'm frustrated because some of these issues could be easily fixed with a bit of exposition.