The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
The Waif went through the same damn training as Arya. Why wouldn't she be able to fight her and just stop she wasn't ever on her level. The Waif taught her everything. You think Arya got extra training that the Waif didn't? The Waif was in the field putting in work way before Arya show up. Please your hold reasoning of fighting in the dark makes no sense. Also here is another thing they played the game of truths, every time Arya was off the Waif hit her. She new the details of her life but when Hot Pie told her about Jon , she didn't know he was the king because she following her mission.

one thing everyone is forgetting about this entire training... we never know who is who

when arya goes blind, one of the jaquens drinks poisin and dies.. the waif was behind her. when arya turns to face the waif, it is now jaquen again. she starts pulling faces off the dead jaquen and it's endless, only to see her own face

so at any point and time. the waif could be a jaquen or jaquen could be the waif.. there could be 150 jaquens and 150 waifs.. we are never told anything about how these faces work or who is who

Mr. Brown

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Miami
You have to think of it as it applies today. Her having dragons is like having a nuke. No one else has a nuke. It's a hard angle to sell to the people. "I have these dragons, but they will never be used on you, on your land." It's hard to spin that in a positive light...remember no matter what, she's still burned the soldiers from the country she plans to rule over. Even though the open field was fair game, it'll come back like "she used those dragons to burn your countrymen, your husbands, brothers and sons. She didn't even fight fair in the war. She will use the dragons to burn you." Tyrion was advising her for the long game...to win the people over.

That's also why he need the Tyrells. Can't come into a country with savages, dragons and a slave army and expect the people to love you. You need names they recognize.
That's a valid argument but the way I look at it, she did what she needed to do to give herself a chance at winning the war. If you look at it like a playoff series, she was down 2-0 (Greyjoys and Tyrells are gone) and basically 3-0 if you count Dorne. They could conceivably still fight for her but they'd have to march up from Dorne and their leaders are out so they're up in the air. That's all of her Westerosi allies so all she has left was foreign soldiers anyway. Using a dragon turned a 2-0/3-0 deficit into a 3-2 lead/3-3 tie.

And ultimately the people want to be on the winning side. When the Faith was on top and Cersei was doing her walk, they're all good with spitting at her and saying shyt but as soon as she turns it around they're back on her side and celebrating when Euron comes through with prisoners

Hawaiian Punch

umop-apisdn
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The I in Team
Just still basking in the epicness of the episode :ahh:

I mean it's #aryanation all day, but God damn seeing Drogon go hard in the paint gave me a chubby :wub:

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
Its a show with magic, dragons and dead people being resurrected

Are folks really bytching about a sword fights realistic scenario :russ:
even with magic, dragons, undead, etc, there's still an expectation that there's some kind of logic behind it. you can't have Arya shoot lasers out her eyes and expect people to be like " :yeshrug: the show has dragons"

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
even with magic, dragons, undead, etc, there's still an expectation that there's some kind of logic behind it. you can't have Arya shoot lasers out her eyes and expect people to be like " :yeshrug: the show has dragons"

She's not shooting lasers from her eyes though. People act like she ain't been practicing waterdancing since season 1.

Fred.

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
She's not shooting lasers from her eyes though. People act like she ain't been practicing waterdancing since season 1.

Fred.
it's more a general response to the concept that because a show includes supernatural elements, people shouldn't nitpick about the realism of other aspects

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
You have to think of it as it applies today. Her having dragons is like having a nuke. No one else has a nuke. It's a hard angle to sell to the people. "I have these dragons, but they will never be used on you, on your land." It's hard to spin that in a positive light...remember no matter what, she's still burned the soldiers from the country she plans to rule over. Even though the open field was fair game, it'll come back like "she used those dragons to burn your countrymen, your husbands, brothers and sons. She didn't even fight fair in the war. She will use the dragons to burn you." Tyrion was advising her for the long game...to win the people over.

That's also why he need the Tyrells. Can't come into a country with savages, dragons and a slave army and expect the people to love you. You need names they recognize.

I like discussing "GOT" same as anyone else but I can't help but feel a lot of this will never get mentioned on the show. There's like 10 episodes left....the time for getting bogged down in political minutia is long past. Not saying you don't bring up valid points but the Lannisters just jacked Highgarden....their own troops were like :patrice:"not sure how I feel about what we just did"....not to mention Cersei blew up the High Septon....so it's not as the Lannisters have the moral high ground to criticize Dany.

Fred.

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils

Fred.
Yup.

And she hit the middle of the archery target from a decent distance in the very first ep when Professor Bran was practicing with Robb and Snowman.

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
Its a show with magic, dragons and dead people being resurrected

Are folks really bytching about a sword fights realistic scenario :russ:
i'm so glad my uncle put movies in perspective a long time ago

me watching batman forever: "now how did batman know exactly how much rope to use and the angle to get that bank safe perfectly back in the hole like that... and not even a drip of acid touched the guy inside" :gucci:

unc: "now why are you watching a movie about a man beating up criminals in a giant bat suit with half his face exposed and worrying about the technicalities of realism" :ufdup:

me: :damn:

Brehcepticon

Adeptus Brehstartes
Supporter
Daps
I was rewatching Season 2 and damn I miss my breh Robb :mjcry:

If we got to see the kangs at the BotB :wow:

RXhNWsD.gif