MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
dragons or lannisters
:hula:

shyt is not a difficult choice.

well in the show's defense, it's not like tarly ever sat down with dany. he's never met her, doesn't know shyt about her, plus the tyrell's were at the end of the line. plus, there may be some poetic justice with Sam/Jon/Dany on one side and randyll on the other after he shat on sam in every way possible

The show has already shown you that Tarly is an alt right misogynistic type of dude that hates illegal immigrants. He don't fukk with them wildlings and dothraki Jaime appealed to his cism. Most importantly he has an oath to the crown. If the crown demanded that he killed his liege lord, he has to comply.

I'm not Targ set so I don't have all this blind faith in Dany's dragons :dame: I wouldn't put my House on the line for that either. Not when we done seen that ballista prototype.

Tasha And

Superstar
Daps
You can argue that they should have had more Tarly scenes to hammer home his reasons for switching sides, and in a typical 10 episode season that probably would have happened, but I think it makes perfect sense why he switched sides even with there only being a single scene. ESPECIALLY in todays political climate in both the U.S. and Europe. The populous sentiment is "fukk them foreigners, I'm rolling with people that look like me even if I hate them," and that's the same appeal being used on the lords of the reach.

Cersei is on some "I know most of you hate me. But would you rather roll with me as ruler, a white noble from a prestigious house just like all of you, or the daughter of the mad king who has a slave army even though we abolished slavery because we're good moral nobles(:troll:) and 100,000 savage brown-skinned Dothraki coming into our lands. Have you heard about their culture? Savages! They even eat the hearts of their horses! They know nothing about cities and civilization, all they know is stealing cattle, destroying crops, taking your wives and daughters as rape slaves. And the mad queen? She crucified the rich cultured leaders of essos. Y'all might not like me, but at least I'm not going to change your way of life and force you to live amongst 100,000 savages for winter when there will be food shortages:hubie: You decide:ufdup:"

Xenophobia is something that has proven, in history and today, that works. Fear mongering works. "Othering" people works. Propaganda works. Appealing to nationalism works. It was also why so many nothern houses didn't want to roll with Jon because he had wildlings with him.

Even with that, I still don't think Tarly abandoned the Tyrells in glee, he just looked at his shyt options and chose the one that seemed most reasonable given the circumstances, and that's putting the now extinct house to sleep, inheriting Highgarden for his family, and leading his country against savage foreign invaders.

Last edited:

jackswstd

Retired
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Might be an out there theory but is it possible the Tyene might've built up a tolerance to the poison? I mean they use that shyt so often. Also, I wonder if they might have the antidote stashed somewhere on their bodies :shaq:

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
nikka any scene with the Lannister pick one Tywin Tyrion Joffrey Cersei :stopitslime:The daughter wasn't a good actor. :yeshrug:
I didnt say anything about the daughter. I said Ellaria.

And no, none of the Lannister scenes have a performance on the level of India Varma's there

Lena Heady actually had a spot where she could have, but she pussed out and used a body double and CGI

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
I thought of Bronn right away. Assuming he even makes it to King's Landing before Tyene dies, which is doubtful. Might just be there to seal the deal that he couldn't before lol.

The fact Cersei didn't pull the Skull Crushing Finale on Ellaria, may give her a chance in the end.
that's what I'm saying. they could have killed them and been done with them, but they didn't

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
I didnt say anything about the daughter. I said Ellaria.

And no, none of the Lannister scenes have a performance on the level of India Varma's there

Lena Heady actually had a spot where she could have, but she pussed out and used a body double and CGI
i don't know if you're being serious or not, but theon/reek definitely has. i mean just the sansa rape and his facial expressions >>> ellaria acting like a ho when she was acting bad 1.5 seasons ago :ld:

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
i don't know if you're being serious or not, but theon/reek definitely has. i mean just the sansa rape and his facial expressions >>> ellaria acting like a ho when she was acting bad 1.5 seasons ago :ld:
Not sure if you saw my original post, but I am specifically referring to the top single scene acting performance, not overall

And I already acknowledged Reek and The Hound as having similar quality spots

Chris Cool

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So Cal
Dude, that he showed up to King's Landing at all shows where Randall's head was at. Roose betrayed Robb on a promise to become warden of the North, Randall betrayed the Tyrells on a promise to become warden of the Reach. It's the same situation.

My phone cut off my comments about Sam. The procedure taking hours makes sense, not sure why you'd think it would take longer than that. Most medical procedures don't take days. The Maester who wrote the book on how to do it literally died from being infected, and it's an extremely difficult procedure to perform, that's why they didn't want to try it on Jorah and that's why they just send them to Valyria to die. The recovery time makes no sense, tho, I'll give you that. One night he's destined for death with a crippling disease the next morning he's putting on his robe and hitting the road...dude just had his skin peeled off, that newly uncovered skin should be vulnerable and extremely sensitive :comeon:
yeah by professionals, sam ain't no fukken maester:damn: he ain't got any type of experience doing shyt like that. so what people have died from doing, sam does before breakfast is ready, on the first try.

and the interaction was bs too:

:ohhh: mormont?
:myman: i knew your pops
don't even trip, i got you breh. :youngsabo:

that's it? :mindblown:

watch jorah be in dragonstone next episode.

Last edited:

Tasha And

Superstar
Daps
Yeah Alfie Allen's acting has consistently been some of the most nuanced and complicated in the series. His scene in Moat Cailin a great example of it. His non-verbal acting and emoting hasn't been touched in the series imo.