gldnone913

Integrity and Consistency
Daps
Reppin
VA
people sleeping on my boy Tyrion's military mind :dahell:
are we gon pretend like Tyrion didn't beat Stannis? :dahell:
when Joffrey ran away like a little bytch who got them soldiers hype? :dahell:

Tywin and Loras Tyrell saved Tyrion. The Blackwater Bay shyt worked, but there was still troops about to sweep through and wreck shyt, if not for the rest of the Lannisters and the Tyrells. Tyrion looking outmatched out here. Remember - Jamie studied with military minds being in the Kingsguard and being around his father. He's not an idiot when it comes to waging war....he's predicted Tyrion's every move. And I bet Qyburn has good input on that shyt as well. They linked up with Tarly too? Man, shyt. Unless Jon Snow gonna lend out some military advisors, shyt doesn't look good for Khaleesi

Nino Soprano

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Bmore
so I guess we gotta hear about bad pacing the rest of the series :comeon:

It's shortened seasons, what did u expect? U wanted unsullied to take the Rock & Jamie fight in HG in episode 6? Euron getting to KL and giving Cersei her gifts in episode 5? Or Jon arriving to dragonstone and meeting Dany in the finale? Then some of u would be crying about lack of shyt happening in these short seasons

There's only 10 episodes left in the series and a lot to wrap up, just enjoy the GOAT show :blessed:

Daps
Very. I think it's cause they don't have the book to get details from right now. They just zoomed past 2 major battles

I don't think the pace is speeding up because they don't have the books, I think it's speeding up cause shyt is finally hitting the the fan. All that they've been building up over the last six seasons is coming to a head.

As far as skipping battles, this was similar to the battles of season 1 from which Jamie got this idea. Tyrion gets knocked out, and we don't see any of the fighting as Tywin makes short work of Robb's ancillary services, and all we see from Robb's fight is him riding out of a forest with Jamie as his prisoner. They didn't even show Jamie, this purported GOAT swordsman, get captured!

Piff Huxtable

Delaney 2020,2024,2028...
Daps
The parrallels between Cersei and the Mad King :ohhh:

Especially, with the Tyene and Ellaria scene when the Mad King did something similar with Ned's father and brother.

That old saying "History repeats itself" looks like is coming true in Weteros.

Jamie will become the Queenslayer as well i predict.
breh Jamie been the Queenslayer for a looooong time now :mjgrin:

Chris Cool

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So Cal
They skipped over multiple battles in the first 3 seasons. But the pacing was fine then?

This season has basically been paced like the back half of A Storm of Swords, which ironically seems to be the pinnacle of the books series for the majority of readers

The pacing critiques are very valid for how Stannis was rushed out the door and everything was consolidated abruptly....but thats over. What remains is being properly paced.

There are very few characters left. Seasons 1-4 would have looked the exact same way if half the cast was missing and the other half was teamed up with each other

Just my point of view
i disagree. if this was the pace all along i would have no problem, but we spent too much time traveling in the first few seasons. cat to kings landing, cat to the vale, arya with the nights watch, arya with the hound, brienne and Jamie, tyrion to kings landing, etc. now nikkas is where they need to go on the next episode.

trash ass explanation for the tarlys jumping sides.

Sam healing jorah was stupid as shyt and should have taken way more than 2 episodes. :francis:he met him and saved him in the same day. they sending nikkas to volantis for some shyt they could fix in a few hours, by reading a fukking manual?

:martin:

hbo is boardwalk empiring this shyt.

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
Okay how did they work out? With Littlefinger getting exactly what Tyrion promised him and more while Varys and Grand Miester Pycelle got nothing and imprisioned . Tyrion gets his face split, loses his power and gets Littlefinger old job as master of coin. While he became a lord. Also , Joffery was named as the man who sent a soldier to kill Tyrion on the battlefield, yet we know that LF was behind that also.
:gucci:

Daps
i disagree. if this was the pace all along i would have no problem, but we spent too much time traveling in the first few seasons. cat to kings landing, cat to the vale, arya with the nights watch, arya with the hound, brienne and Jamie, tyrion to kings landing, etc. now nikkas is where they need to go on the next episode.

Breh, you need those scenes earlier in the series so that you can reveal those characters to the viewer. The main characters have already been revealed, what more would showing Davos and Jon riding to White Harbor have shown us?

How is it any more "trash" than Roose switching sides? And Roose was on the winning side at the time. Tyrell's were near extinction when Randall Tarly switched.

Jards

All Star
Daps

Sam healing jorah was stupid as shyt and should have taken way more than 2 episodes. :francis:he met him and saved him in the same day. they sending nikkas to volantis for some shyt they could fix in a few hours, by reading a fukking manual?

:martin:

hbo is boardwalk empiring this shyt.
Pace has been like this since end of s5 - it's been looking like the show runners have had enough and just want to finish this shyt up. Probably itching to get on to that confederate shyt :beli:

Truth be told I'm good with it cause I'm getting impatient to see how this shyt plays out

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
so I guess we gotta hear about bad pacing the rest of the series :comeon:

It's shortened seasons, what did u expect? U wanted unsullied to take the Rock & Jamie fight in HG in episode 6? Euron getting to KL and giving Cersei her gifts in episode 5? Or Jon arriving to dragonstone and meeting Dany in the finale? Then some of u would be crying about lack of shyt happening in these short seasons

There's only 10 episodes left in the series and a lot to wrap up, just enjoy the GOAT show :blessed:
yes you're gonna hear about it. most people are aren't complaining that the show sucks or anything due to the pace, but it's a big adjustment for a show built on 5.5 seasons of slow pacing. that's like breaking bad turning full on comedy in it's 5th season or some shyt, the jarring contrast, even if executed well, is gonna feel weird for the entire season. yall "just ignore it, it's the end" people are just as annoying :rudy:

edit: we're only on this pace because D&D want to end this and move on...we could easily have a season 9 with episodes more evenly paced (and at their normal run time). this the one show any network would foot the bill for

EmojiFlame

All Star
Daps
wjHf4AL.gif

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Unless Jon Snow gonna lend out some military advisors, shyt doesn't look good for Khaleesi

That's exactly why all this is happening. Dany said herself she don't need Jon....in a few eps she obviously will.

Fred.