Chris Cool

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So Cal
Breh, you need those scenes earlier in the series so that you can reveal those characters to the viewer. The main characters have already been revealed, what more would showing Davos and Jon riding to White Harbor have shown us?

How is it any more "trash" than Roose switching sides? And Roose was on the winning side at the time. Tyrell's were near extinction when Randall Tarly switched.
we saw roose/tywin planting the seeds at harrenhall, that shyt wasn't out if the blue. and no he wasn't winning. robb lost winterfell, the freys, and the kingslayer.

one convo with jamie and vows don't mean shyt to randyll anymore. him just being there was bullshyt. they destroyed the house he was sworn to and he cool with that? :francis: there's no logical reason for him to join them.

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
Sidebar but the acting between the Ellaria Sand and Tyene Sand was excellent. :wow:
anyone else think one or both of them might get out. "you're gonna be here forever and watch your daughter rot" doesn't sound like good television. whenever they kinda stretch out a death like that they leave room for something else to happen

I think either we don't hear about them again, or something else happens

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
i disagree. if this was the pace all along i would have no problem, but we spent too much time traveling in the first few seasons. cat to kings landing, cat to the vale, arya with the nights watch, arya with the hound, brienne and Jamie, tyrion to kings landing, etc. now nikkas is where they need to go on the next episode.

trash ass explanation for the tarlys jumping sides.

Sam healing jorah was stupid as shyt and should have taken way more than 2 episodes. :francis:he met him and saved him in the same day. they sending nikkas to volantis for some shyt they could fix in a few hours, by reading a fukking manual?

:martin:

hbo is boardwalk empiring this shyt.

How? You'd risk your house getting wiped out for loyalty to a dead man's mother who's teaming up with foreign Invaders for revenge?

Tyrell's were done, breh. It made more sense for Tarly to throw in his lot with the Lannisters.

Chris Cool

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So Cal
How? You'd risk your house getting wiped out for loyalty to a dead man's mother who's teaming up with foreign Invaders for revenge?

Tyrell's were done, breh. It made more sense for Tarly to throw in his lot with the Lannisters.
dragons or lannisters without tywin
:hula:

shyt is not a difficult choice.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
anyone else think one or both of them might get out. "you're gonna be here forever and watch your daughter rot" doesn't sound like good television. whenever they kinda stretch out a death like that they leave room for something else to happen

no, there's no need for dorne moving forward and as you can see, they're clearing the chessboard pretty fast to focus on the 5 core characters. the dorne plot/characters are universally one of the weaker, more disliked plots in this show, no need to bring them back in the story nor for the fans.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
dragons or lannisters without tywin
:hula:

shyt is not a difficult choice.
well in the show's defense, it's not like tarly ever sat down with dany. he's never met her, doesn't know shyt about her, plus the tyrell's were at the end of the line. plus, there may be some poetic justice with Sam/Jon/Dany on one side and randyll on the other after he shat on sam in every way possible

Stez

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
What up with Baelish doe? He about to press Sansa to do some dumb shyt? :lupe:

shyt ain't safe up in Winterfell right now :lupe:

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
no, there's no need for dorne moving forward and as you can see, they're clearing the chessboard pretty fast to focus on the 5 core characters. the dorne plot/characters are universally one of the weaker, more disliked plots in this show, no need to bring them back in the story nor for the fans.
I see what you're saying, but it is a loose end. Cersei said she'd keep Ellaria alive. if Cersei gets defeated, someone gotta be like "oh yeah, Ellaria Sand is still locked up in the dungeon" :patrice:

that's not to say that they won't just hope everyone forgets about her

HarlemUSA

Lightbringer and Azor Ahai
Supporter
Daps
Yep, an argument could be made that Ellaria in that scene was the best acted scene in the history of the series. The amount of emotion she pulled off with zero sound is brilliant

I challenge anyone to find a better acted scene, in a show with a million great ones.

Maybe the Hound/Arya scene after Brienne threw him down the mountain?

*awaits #TheonSet to correct me*:lolbron:
nikka any scene with the Lannister pick one Tywin Tyrion Joffrey Cersei :stopitslime:The daughter wasn't a good actor. :yeshrug:

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
I see what you're saying, but it is a loose end. Cersei said she'd keep Ellaria alive. if Cersei gets defeated, someone gotta be like "oh yeah, Ellaria Sand is still locked up in the dungeon" :patrice:

that's not to say that they won't just hope everyone forgets about her
it's not, you're overthinking it. no one knows the fate except those in the chamber and jamie (and whatever nobody has to feed ellaria), all of whom will be dead or preoccupied with other shyt.

Daps
we saw roose/tywin planting the seeds at harrenhall, that shyt wasn't out if the blue. and no he wasn't winning. robb lost winterfell, the freys, and the kingslayer.

one convo with jamie and vows don't mean shyt to randyll anymore. him just being there was bullshyt. they destroyed the house he was sworn to and he cool with that? :francis: there's no logical reason for him to join them.

Dude, that he showed up to King's Landing at all shows where Randall's head was at. Roose betrayed Robb on a promise to become warden of the North, Randall betrayed the Tyrells on a promise to become warden of the Reach. It's the same situation.

My phone cut off my comments about Sam. The procedure taking hours makes sense, not sure why you'd think it would take longer than that. Most medical procedures don't take days. The Maester who wrote the book on how to do it literally died from being infected, and it's an extremely difficult procedure to perform, that's why they didn't want to try it on Jorah and that's why they just send them to Valyria to die. The recovery time makes no sense, tho, I'll give you that. One night he's destined for death with a crippling disease the next morning he's putting on his robe and hitting the road...dude just had his skin peeled off, that newly uncovered skin should be vulnerable and extremely sensitive :comeon:

CJ

Your objective semi-troll
Daps
Reppin
6ix

I thought of Bronn right away. Assuming he even makes it to King's Landing before Tyene dies, which is doubtful. Might just be there to seal the deal that he couldn't before lol.

The fact Cersei didn't pull the Skull Crushing Finale on Ellaria, may give her a chance in the end.

Last edited:

HiiiPower

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Don't understand the complaints of the traveling between characters being "too fast" now? All of the groundwork, travelling and set up has been covered in all of its previous seasons to get to the parts we're at now..as in the parts, meetings and conflicts people have been waiting for for years now, with all that's about to go down and how much cool shyt they have to wrap up why would you really want to see Jon travelling to Dragonstone over the course of 3 episodes when we only have 10 episodes left?

What I do know tho is that when it's all said and done and season 8 is over this will be the greatest show in our lifetime :ohlawd: