Daps
Did you catch that they showed the Inn at the Crossroads during the opening credits? I thought he was showing up in the premiere.
No, did not...good catch!

IMG_5061.jpg

Pretty much confirms, Hot Pie byke:lawd:
He probably gonna have a pigeon pie in the shape of Winterfell Winterhell on deck once Arya walks in the building :banderas:

Last edited:

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
what i don't get, is the blatant disrespect for the white walkers

i mean how many night's watch has seen them? from when they tried to kill mormont.. from that moment they have run into them fukks 5-10 times.. have they not been telling the entire world? sending ravens each and every time. updates.. etc etc

ok so you think they are all lying. but nobody believes? not a single soul until jon told the north.. all these infinite knowledge from the maesters and they don't send a soul to come check the shyt out? no house sends a rider to confirm this is going on? nothing?

vary's the most connected guy in the world.. littlefinger second.. but everyone has spies.. spies enough that cersei knows the second that jon takes over winterfell. and yet nobody is passing messages that the entire north is gearing up for a war with white walkers? nobody even mentioning it?

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
Nikkas COOKING me for the Euron post:russ:

Fair points made to all that quoted me :whoa:

I still maintain that the writing has taken a slight drop since passing the books

There is no question that the writing has suffered considerably without GRRM's blueprint

But there is also no question that literally everything else about this show has gotten better since then

The product we are seeing onscreen is absolutely remarkable

This idea that some people have that writing is of top importance is an idea shared by people who enjoy critiquing shows more than they enjoy watching them

Not the type of opinion I particularly care about. In a lot of lesser quality cases the criticism comes off as smart-dumb to the highest degree

GOT has the best characters and most epic scope of any show in TV history with ZERO competition. It also has acting on par with anything else. I struggle to find any show that allowed as much personal investment in its outcome, with the only competition being 'Lost'

People can be far too obsessive and picky about the writing simply out of spite for tinkering with a masterpiece of literature

dem bath salts

To be reckoned with
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Broward
When did Ned's son conspire against him?:dwillhuh:

Ned got killed cuz he was trying to spare the lives of Cersei's b*stard children. He thought he was being merciful by letting Cersei flee. He failed to respect her gangster. That was a dumb decision.

Jon's decision with the wildings wasn't dumb, it was the right decision. A tough decision, but the right one. If anything, his mistake was not sending Thorne to another castle as soon as he became Lord Commander.
Jon made the classic mistake of sending his friends away and keeping his enemies close.

Keeping ur enemies close gotta be the dumbest fukking advice quote ecer:hhh:

Tasha And

Superstar
Daps
what i don't get, is the blatant disrespect for the white walkers

i mean how many night's watch has seen them? from when they tried to kill mormont.. from that moment they have run into them fukks 5-10 times.. have they not been telling the entire world? sending ravens each and every time. updates.. etc etc

ok so you think they are all lying. but nobody believes? not a single soul until jon told the north.. all these infinite knowledge from the maesters and they don't send a soul to come check the shyt out? no house sends a rider to confirm this is going on? nothing?

vary's the most connected guy in the world.. littlefinger second.. but everyone has spies.. spies enough that cersei knows the second that jon takes over winterfell. and yet nobody is passing messages that the entire north is gearing up for a war with white walkers? nobody even mentioning it?
Stannis believed it. That's why he and his team showed up in the north.

Tyrion gave it consideration but he was in no position to openly see to it, especially with his father and king second guessing him.

And think about it from the realms POV. The NW are just a bunch of thieves and rapists that fight wildlings. They have been ignoring the NW for hundreds of years, which is why all but 3 of the castles on the wall are abandoned, and they barely get any resources or men except from prisons. The NW asked for help from the north, people most likely to believe White Walkers, and even they didn't pay it any mind. It's an even harder sell for people in the south.

They just don't take serious anything coming from the wall. To them, it's just a bunch of crazy people murdering their lord commanders and going insane.

And I think they did a good job in the premiere of showing why the maesters are not stumbling over themselves to confirm the rumors. They hear about crazy world ending shyt all of the time.

I think the metaphor that is used to describe the White Walker threat is basically global warming in todays political climate. There can be empirical evidence, there can be narratives of ice ages from thousands of years ago, but most people just shrug and go on with their daily lives not truly believing anything is going to happen, at least in their lifetime, if at all.

To anyone that matters, the only noteworthy thing going on in the north is that Jon was named King after leaving his post from the NW and killing Ramsay with help from the Vale. Anything else that would come along would just seem like bullshyt excuses to justify his treachery.

dem bath salts

To be reckoned with
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Broward
No, did not...good catch!

IMG_5061.jpg

Pretty much confirms, Hot Pie byke:lawd:
He probably gonna have a pigeon pie in the shape of Winterfell Winterhell deck once Arya walks in the building :banderas:
My sister laughs when I call hot pie the gawd. He the funniest nikka in the books along with dolorous edd. I love that little fat nikka :to:

Tasha And

Superstar
Daps
There is no question that the writing has suffered considerably without GRRM's blueprint

But there is also no question that literally everything else about this show has gotten better since then

The product we are seeing onscreen is absolutely remarkable

This idea that some people have that writing is of top importance is an idea shared by people who enjoy critiquing shows more than they enjoy watching them

Not the type of opinion I particularly care about. In a lot of lesser quality cases the criticism comes off as smart-dumb to the highest degree

GOT has the best characters and most epic scope of any show in TV history with ZERO competition. It also has acting on par with anything else. I struggle to find any show that allowed as much personal investment in its outcome, with the only competition being 'Lost'

People can be far too obsessive and picky about the writing simply out of spite for tinkering with a masterpiece of literature
That's bullshyt. I still enjoy the show for what it is, but I also enjoy top writing, and the show as you yourself point out, has suffered considerably for writing lapses. Hell, the writing of the first seasons is what got me into the characters in the first place, since the plotting was tight, and the characterization was rich, so I became invested in their lived in world and reality.

Inconsistent characterization and poor plotting has made me less invested in certain characters because I'm too busy trying to reconcile poor writing in too many spots.

Because of what happened in Braavos, I have less enjoyment in current Arya arc than I would have had if only the writing would have been better for her storyline in season 5 and 6. But because I value writing, and consider it top importance, that doesn't mean I enjoy critiquing the show more than watching it. In fact I keep most of my criticisms to myself and just enjoy what I enjoy.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
Am I the only person who has no idea who the fukk Ed Sheeran is? :dahell:

Fred.
hear his name all the time but don't know what he looks like (even after this episode i'm still not sure which one he was :lupe:). apparently i knew his song tho, my coworker played it for me....so now i finally know who that one song is by :ld:

mson

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
we're saying the same thing tho. i agree with you, jon's decision was the right call when it comes to the umbers and karstarks. but that doesnt mean sansa wasnt right too. jon needs to keep in mind that the right answer isnt always the smart answer. and no one on his current team is better equipped to help him in that area, while also genuinely keeping his best interests at heart, than sansa. even if he decides to disagree with her 90% of the time, he needs to be open-minded about what she has to say. she is far more experienced when it comes to how the current power-brokers rose to prominence, and all the behind-the-scenes fukkery that can turn a noble leader into a dead leader.

jon, to date, has been too much like ned in that area; he thinks the right answer is the only answer. that's why he got killed!

They both had a point. It's a grey area.

Chris Cool

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So Cal
Nikkas COOKING me for the Euron post:russ:

Fair points made to all that quoted me :whoa:

I still maintain that the writing has taken a slight drop since passing the books
naw I'm in the midst of my rewatch and it dropped big time. they failed at a lot of the shyt they tried do on their own. sansa marrying ramsey :francis:, dorne:francis:, stannis :francis: .