Official Game of Thrones Season 6 Thread

DrDealgood

Superstar
Daps
Given all the other craziness that went on in this finale, I have to give it up to Sir Davos/Liam Cunningham for his scene. Powerful stuff. shyt had a breh holding back the :mjcry:'s

For Shireen :mjcry:

Was just about to write this very thing. Rare that a man giving a speech in a show or film can make a brother cry but he did it. I was more frustrated than anything all season, wondering if Davos was ever gonna call The Red Woman to account, but when he finally did it...:sadbron: And it was even worse (betta) on the rewatch, it took two plays for me to realize just how piff this finale and this whole season was, although not flawless.

A nikka is mighty mad about GRRM not delivering his book though. I was feenin for that special announcement after the credits but knew it was unlikely.

DrDealgood

Superstar
Daps
I'm going to rewatch this whole series Im really thinking this may be the greatest show ever.Next to In Loving Color, Martin, Chappele, Sopranos, and Walking Dead that is

Thank you and agreed breh. I make it a point to set aside time before the start of a new season to watch the whole thing over. Harder to do each time of course, but worth it.

Daps
:patrice: Search function is booty now. Was it someone else? Someone said Davos knew that Shireen would get sacrificed when Stannis sent him away.

shyt had me :wtf:

I did think Davos knew (as did many others), as he's no dummy and they showed him on multiple times trying to get her out of that camp and away from the Red Woman. Then they threw in that farewell scene. But then someone pointed out that Davos risked his freedom and life to save Gendry from being burned, a boy he had just met days before, if he believed Shireen would be burned he'd no doubt have smuggled her out of that camp.

There was a several page discussion on it, but it was resolved in that thread.

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
I did think Davos knew (as did many others), as he's no dummy and they showed him on multiple times trying to get her out of that camp and away from the Red Woman. Then they threw in that farewell scene. But then someone pointed out that Davos risked his freedom and life to save Gendry from being burned, a boy he had just met days before, if he believed Shireen would be burned he'd no doubt have smuggled her out of that camp.

There was a several page discussion on it, but it was resolved in that thread.

I missed that discussion then. My bad. :ehh:

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
One of the few complaints I've had about this show (and HBO prestige dramas in general) is they're competently shot but the cinematography doesn't really stand out. They don't experiment much with camera placement, or editing, or framing. Even when they have guest directors like Michael Slovis, their work is indistinguishable from any other episode.

This episode though....I don't know who directed it but they killed it. It's the best season finale of the series (so far) and easily the best looking episode of the entire series.

Not much else to say besides #Starkset. Oh, speaking of which I'm kinda :what: at #Targset trying to claim Jon. I realize he has Targaryan blood.....but he don't know yall. At all. He grew up with the Starks, seen Ned as his father, sees Winterfell as his home, and just risked his life to take it back. At least let him realize he's related to yall before you claim him. As of right now it's not a factor.

Fred.

Last edited:

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps

detroitwalt

Superstar
Daps
I am curious to see what happens to River Run and the Frey's territory now.
Maybe Littlefinger will march the Vale army down there and snatch it all up. Adding them to his collection will be a nice step up on the ladder to power he is climbing.
I don't see Sansa allowing that to happen. The Riverlands are the Tully's ancient seat and with Sansa's uncle Edmures still being alive I think the North will restore him to his rightful seat.

notPsychosiz

I started this gangsta sh-
Daps
Reppin
dogbornwolf
Last edited:

2stainz

GOON MUSIC
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
chitown, Sohh Icey towers, LWO
I don't see Sansa allowing that to happen. The Riverlands are the Tully's ancient seat and with Sansa's uncle Edmures still being alive I think the North will restore him to his rightful seat.
Tullys get their castle back but what do you think will happen to the Twins or the Crossing (Freys land)?