Official Game of Thrones Season 6 Thread

Long Live The Kane

Tyrant Titan
Daps
I never thought id say this but watching Tommen as king makes me wish Joffery was king still. Tommen so fukking soft and bytch made. Complete opposite of joffery

The pussiest of kings...disgusting how he let the faith militant hem up both his bytch and his moms...then he let the sand snakes murk his sister and ain't did a damn thing about it :dwillhuh: ....shouldn't there be automatic all out war behind that ?? You'd think the lannisters were the griffins and Myrcella was Meg the way they're kinda ignoring her murder...Jaime should be manning an army in route to dorne

gho3st

plata or plomo
Daps
Reppin
The pussiest of kings...disgusting how he let the faith militant hem up both his bytch and his moms...then he let the sand snakes murk his sister and ain't did a damn thing about it :dwillhuh: ....shouldn't there be automatic all out war behind that ?? You'd think the lannisters were the griffins and Myrcella was Meg the way they're kinda ignoring her murder...Jaime should be manning an army in route to dorne
Cersei is the one who gave the Sparrow and his zealots power tho:francis: Just because she wanted Margaery out the way so she could have tommen to herself. Look how sht backfired :mjlol:

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
The TV show has planted ZERO seeds about Joanna Lannister and Aerys Targaryen. Dont you think they might have at least mentioned them if a bombshell was eventually going to drop like Tyrion Targaryen?

He is a Lannister. Any other theory is tinfoil. May be true, but still tinfoil.

All this 'evidence' certainly points to him riding a dragon though. That is where the confirmation bias comes into play. Riding a dragon does is not exclusive to Targ blood, straight from the mouth of GRRM
You're kinda contradicting yourself here, first you dismiss the tyrion being a targ on the show because the show has yet to plant any seeds for it (even if there is more evidence in the books) then you bring GRRM's words (book related) into the show by saying he said others have ridden drags when the show, to my knowledge, hasn't planted those seeds. I'm just saying, if it's one way, then it goes the other.

That said, tyrion as a targ makes sense, but the show hasnt dropped any hints, they haven't really with jon either, tower of joy didn't reveal any nuggets as a self contained plot point in the show - it's simply implied knowledge from the books and fan theory...

Last edited:

Tasha And

Superstar
Daps
You're kinda comdradicting yourself here, first you dismiss the tyrion being a targ on the show because the show has yet to plant any seeds for it (even if there is more evidence in the books) then you bring GRRM's words (book related) into the show by saying he said others have ridden drags when the show, to my knowledge, hasn't planted those seeds. I'm just saying, if it's one way, then it goes the other.

That said, tyrion as a targ makes sense, but the show hasnt dropped any hints, they haven't really with jon either, tower of joy didn't revel any nuggets as a self contained plot point in the show - it's simply implied knowledge from the books and fan theory...
Nah the show has dropped pllllllleeeeeenty of hints for observant show only watchers. 8 minutes worth of hints that this compilation does a great job of capturing.

Nothing like this exists for the Tyrion Targ nonsense.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
Nah the show has dropped pllllllleeeeeenty of hints for observant show only watchers. 8 minutes worth of hints that this compilation does a great job of capturing.

Nothing like this exists for the Tyrion Targ nonsense.

None of this connects Lyanna to jon...again, it's the implied knowledge from outside of the show that connects l + r = j.

MalikX

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Worldwide Entertainment
Did Aemon know who Jon might be and maybe that's why he protected him?

The only way Aemon would have known is if he was somehow in contact with Bloodraven (who would've been his great uncle). I doubt he knew. I think Aemon lost contact with him when Bloodraven disappeared during a Ranging mission. I think it was one of those things where Aemon ironically mentored a boy who without his knowledge was his great great great nephew. I think him being blind is a plot device, as even with dark hair, old Aemon would notice similarities between Jon and people from his family.

@dora_da_destroyer there's a lotta hints in the show about Jon's heritage. People just wouldn't catch them if they aint watching closely. There's the fact that Ned is described as a "square" by basically everybody who knew him and the fact he got a side chick pregnant is highly unbelievable :patrice: When him and Bobby B are trading their sex stories, Robert couldn't even remember who the broad Ned fukked was and Ned wouldn't even talk about her. When Oberyn comes into King's Landing and talks to Tyrion, he doesn't say that Rhaegar "kidnapped" Lyanna like Robert said over and over. He says when "Rhaegar left my sister and ran away with that other woman," implying that he didn't rape her but, she ran away with him willingly. Then when Littlefinger is in the crypts with Sansa, he all but admits that Rhaegar and Lyanna were in love. That is was some tragic romance. After Ned killed Arthur Dayne, you hear a woman screaming out from the tower....childbirth? The secrecy about Jon's mother is....odd. If he's just a regular b*stard, why keep it a secret? What's there to hide?

Ned letting his "son" join the Army essentially knowing he is giving up his life basically is.....odd. In reality, he should've told Jon to wait a couple more years first. Or he could've married Jon off to one of the smaller northern houses or groomed him to serve as Robb's second in command, unless, it's best for Jon to be where people can't hurt him? Then there's him getting so mad at Robert for still wanting to kill Dany and Viserys in season 1. You could argue it's because he hates violence towards kids, or because he has a nephew to protect. There's also Jon's relationship with Ygritte, which sorta parallels Rhaegar's relationship with Lyanna. They loved each other but, were on opposing sides. Rhaegar was already married with a family. Jon swore to never have one. They could play house with each other for a little while in a castle or in a cave but, to the outside world, it could never happen. Then there's the common sense that Jon's arc is too important to be a "nobody". There's also the fact that two Kingsguard were protecting a tower in the middle of NOWHERE instead of fighting in the Rebellion, protecting the King or protecting Dany and Viserys. WTF? What are they doing there? Arthur Dayne is the best fighter to EVER LIVE. EVER! Why is he being wasted guarding some castle in nowheresville? What's up there? Who's up there? There's alot of clues.

Last edited:

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
The only way Aemon would have known is if he was somehow in contact with Bloodraven (who would've been his great uncle). I doubt he knew. I think Aemon lost contact with him when Bloodraven disappeared during a Ranging mission. I think it was one of those things where Aemon ironically mentored a boy who without his knowledge was his great great great nephew. I think him being blind is a plot device, as even with dark hair, old Aemon would notice similarities between Jon and people from his family.

@dora_da_destroyer there's a lotta hints in the show about Jon's heritage. People just wouldn't catch them if they aint watching closely. There's the fact that Ned is described as a "square" by basically everybody who knew him and the fact he got a side chick pregnant is highly unbelievable :patrice: When him and Bobby B are trading their sex stories, Robert couldn't even remember who the broad Ned fukked was and Ned wouldn't even talk about her. When Oberyn comes into King's Landing and talks to Tyrion, he doesn't say that Rhaegar "kidnapped" Lyanna like Robert said over and over. He says when "Rhaegar left my sister and ran away with that other woman," implying that he didn't rape her but, she ran away with him willingly. Then when Littlefinger is in the crypts with Sansa, he all but admits that Rhaegar and Lyanna were in love. That is was some tragic romance. After Ned killed Arthur Dayne, you hear a woman screaming out from the tower....childbirth? The secrecy about Jon's mother is....odd. If he's just a regular b*stard, why keep it a secret? What's there to hide?

Ned letting his "son" join the Army essentially knowing he is giving up his life basically is.....odd. In reality, he should've told Jon to wait a couple more years first. Or he could've married Jon off to one of the smaller northern houses or groomed him to serve as Robb's second in command, unless, it's best for Jon to be where people can't hurt him? Then there's him getting so mad at Robert for still wanting to kill Dany and Viserys in season 1. You could argue it's because he hates violence towards kids, or because he has a nephew to protect. There's also Jon's relationship with Ygritte, which sorta parallels Rhaegar's relationship with Lyanna. They loved each other but, were on opposing sides. Rhaegar was already married with a family. Jon swore to never have one. They could play house with each other for a little while in a castle or in a cave but, to the outside world, it could never happen. Then there's the common sense that Jon's arc is too important to be a "nobody". There's also the fact that two Kingsguard were protecting a tower in the middle of NOWHERE instead of fighting in the Rebellion, protecting the King or protecting Dany and Viserys. WTF? What are they doing there? Arthur Dayne is the best fighter to EVER LIVE. EVER! Why is he being wasted guarding some castle in nowheresville? What's up there? Who's up there? There's alot of clues.
Again, none of this connects jon to Lyanna, it simply implies that Lyanna wasn't kidnapped, there may have been something between her and rhaegar. I don't think you all are being objective about this since you know the theory, but I have a friend who knows nothing about GOT outside the show and i know for a fact none of that alludes to Jon's background for a viewer like her. The most you can take from it is that he's not Ned's b*stard, and before the tower of joy episode, there were no clues as to where ned got jon since Lyanna giving birth wasn't ever hinted at.

Tasha And

Superstar
Daps
None of this connects Lyanna to jon...again, it's the implied knowledge from outside of the show that connects l + r = j.
How can you say "there are no more Targs in the world" right as Jon walks in the room doesn't connect to Jon? Show only watchers have picked up on r+l=j because they keep bringing up r and l, and they know his parentage is secret. Observant show watchers picked it up. I follow show watcher threads on gaf and have watched dozens of conversations about show only people arguing about who his parents are, and slowly they converge on r+|. There is nothing like that for Tyrion.

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
You're kinda contradicting yourself here, first you dismiss the tyrion being a targ on the show because the show has yet to plant any seeds for it (even if there is more evidence in the books) then you bring GRRM's words (book related) into the show by saying he said others have ridden drags when the show, to my knowledge, hasn't planted those seeds. I'm just saying, if it's one way, then it goes the other.

That said, tyrion as a targ makes sense, but the show hasnt dropped any hints, they haven't really with jon either, tower of joy didn't reveal any nuggets as a self contained plot point in the show - it's simply implied knowledge from the books and fan theory...
The name 'Joanna Lannister' has not been spoken in this TV series

The Rhaegar/Lyanna dynamic has been discussed since S1E1. Just because the clues are vague and tough to spot if you arent looking for them doesnt mean they arent clues

Daps
Again, none of this connects jon to Lyanna, it simply implies that Lyanna wasn't kidnapped, there may have been something between her and rhaegar. I don't think you all are being objective about this since you know the theory, but I have a friend who knows nothing about GOT outside the show and i know for a fact none of that alludes to Jon's background for a viewer like her. The most you can take from it is that he's not Ned's b*stard, and before the tower of joy episode, there were no clues as to where ned got jon since Lyanna giving birth wasn't ever hinted at.

None of that confirms R+L=J, but all of it lays the groundwork for it. Of course you need the books to actually bolster any theory cuz they go into way more details there, but the fact that the show has chosen to add all those hints (since season 1 of the series) suggests that they are building to that reveal. That's all that people are pointing out. They have not chosen to add any hints about Tyrion Targ, other than his encounter with the dragon, which many would argue (myself included) is hinting at another theory: Tyrion riding a dragon, not Tyrion being a Targ

Last edited: