Official Game of Thrones Season 6 Thread

The_Unchosen_One

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
St. Louis
The name 'Joanna Lannister' has not been spoken in this TV series

The Rhaegar/Lyanna dynamic has been discussed since S1E1. Just because the clues are vague and tough to spot if you arent looking for them doesnt mean they arent clues
Actually Joanna has been mentioned

:sas2:

TheGreatShowtime

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Swamp
I think the Faith is going to pick Loras to fight the Mountain in Cersei's trial. This will inevitably be the nail in the coffin for the Tyrell/Lannister alliance.

But I really do want to see the Cleganebowl too tho :mjcry:

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
How can you say "there are no more Targs in the world" right as Jon walks in the room doesn't connect to Jon? Show only watchers have picked up on r+l=j because they keep bringing up r and l, and they know his parentage is secret. Observant show watchers picked it up. I follow show watcher threads on gaf and have watched dozens of conversations about show only people arguing about who his parents are, and slowly they converge on r+|. There is nothing like that for Tyrion.
If they're talking about it on the internet, they're beyond just being a show watcher...those clues do not connect jon to them, point blank.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
None of that confirms R+L=J, but all of it lays the groundwork for it. Of course you need the books to actually bolster any theory cuz they go into way more details there, but the fact that the show has chosen to add all those hints (since season 1 of the series) suggests that they are building to that reveal. That's all that people are pointing out. They have not chosen to add any hints about Tyrion Targ, other than his encounter with the dragon, which many would argue (myself included) is hinting at another theory: Tyrion riding a dragon, not Tyrion being a Targ
They lay the foundation, but they don't allude to Jon's parentage yet, that's all I'm saying. For people who simply watch this show...don't engage online and on fan theories, those clues haven't connected the viewer to Jon's parents. Again, I think a lot of people here can to be objective about it because they have either read the books or they spend a week in between episodes discussing it online and viewing vlogs and blogs.

ETA: if that's laying the foundation, then those arguing against no foundation for tyrion are bugging, twin straight up saying "you're no son of mine" is a much more concise correlation to being parented by "another"

Last edited:

Tasha And

Superstar
Daps
If they're talking about it on the internet, they're beyond just being a show watcher...those clues do not connect jon to them, point blank.
:what:

This is 2016 not 1996. Everyone and their grandmother is on the internet. Talking about the most popular show in the world on the internet precludes someone from being just a show watcher? So those people that were shocked at the red wedding because they had no idea it was going to happen and rage quit on twitter/facebook/youtube weren't just show watchers?
:why:

Just because you put "point blank" at the end of your assertion doesn't make it any truer either. Show watchers have put together r+l=j just from watching the show. I have my anecdotal evidence (which I could link right now) just like you have yours. Point blank:mjlol:

Tasha And

Superstar
Daps
I'm not sure how someone could come up with that theory by only watching the show
The eureka moment started in season 5, sons of the harpy episode, when Littlefinger talked to Sansa about Lynanna (and gave her that :mjpls:) and Selmy talked to Dany about Rhaegar and how great he was. The mystery of Jon Snow's parents has been a talking point since the first episode so that got more than a few people going:patrice:why do they keep bringing up Rhargar and Lyanna.

You know they weren't spoiled too because plenty of them were still confusing the Mad King with Rhagar and thought they were the same person.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
:what:

This is 2016 not 1996. Everyone and their grandmother is on the internet. Talking about the most popular show in the world on the internet precludes someone from being just a show watcher? So those people that were shocked at the red wedding because they had no idea it was going to happen and rage quit on twitter/facebook/youtube weren't just show watchers?
:why:

Just because you put "point blank" at the end of your assertion doesn't make it any truer either. Show watchers have put together r+l=j just from watching the show. I have my anecdotal evidence (which I could link right now) just like you have yours. Point blank:mjlol:
Everyone uses the internet, but everyone who watches this show isn't that fukking engaged in it. I don't know why this is so hard to phathom, I know plenty of people who don't post their reactions to the show on the internet, they don't engage in learning more about it, they watch it the same way they watch "more basic" shows. This is hilarious to assume everyone who watches this shyt makes it an active pastime, like i said, my neighbor across the hall is a prime example. I always have to be careful talking to her because it's painfully clear she watches on Sunday and that's the extent of her involvement with the show. R+L = J hasn't been made clear to people like her, again, I'm being objective since that was the first theory i spoiled for myself when I started playing catchup with this show in 2014.

Tasha And

Superstar
Daps
Everyone uses the internet, but everyone who watches this show isn't that fukking engaged in it. I don't know why this is so hard to phathom, I know plenty of people who don't post their reactions to the show on the internet, they don't engage in learning more about it, they watch it the same way they watch "more basic" shows. This is hilarious to assume everyone who watches this shyt makes it an active pastime, like i said, my neighbor across the hall is a prime example. I always have to be careful talking to her because it's painfully clear she watches on Sunday and that's the extent of her involvement with the show. R+L = J hasn't been made clear to people like her, again, I'm being objective since that was the first theory i spoiled for myself when I started playing catchup with this show in 2014.
I'm not saying everyone or even most show viewers have pieced it together. I would agree with you the the vast majority watch it without engaging that deeply into it.

What I am disagreeing with you on is that no show watcher can piece it together by just watching the show. That's bullshyt because I have personally come across show only watchers that have. There have been just enough hints for an observant show watcher (key word, observant) to say hey, I know tv shows don't keep bringing shyt up for no reason, so why do these Lyanna and Rhagar characters keep being mentioned, and why haven't we learned about Jon Snow's parentage, when the mystery was established in the first episode? They literally stopped the show to have two long scenes about people we have never seen on screen. That stood out and made observant fans wonder why.

That sons of the harpy episode in season 5 was heavy on the hints and more than a few show only people picked up on it.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
I'm not saying everyone or even most show viewers have pieced it together. I would agree with you the the vast majority watch it without engaging that deeply into it.

What I am disagreeing with you on is that no show watcher can piece it together by just watching the show. That's bullshyt because I have personally come across show only watchers that have. There have been just enough hints for an observant show watcher (key word) to say hey, I know tv shows don't keep bringing shyt up for no reason, so why do these Lyanna and Rhagar characters keep being mentioned, and why haven't we learned about Jon Snow's parentage, when the mystery was established in the first episode? I've watched them piece by piece put it together. It was fun as hell to see too.
I never said no show watcher only couldn't piece it together, but y'all are acting like the pieces that have been mentioned are painfully clear when it isn't. The most that's been established is that r & l wasn't a kidnap scenario, it was consensual. Prior to tower of joy, there was no clue that Lyanna may have had a kid. Jon being her son is not some clear conjecture for a week to week watcher, it's one of those things that when or if revealed, the majority of those people will think back to those clues (if they even remember shyt from 2-3 seasons ago :heh:) and say :ohhh:

gho3st

plata or plomo
Daps
Reppin
lets be real tho, game thrones should be re-named "Game of bytchassness and hurt feelings" :heh: So many shyt could have been avoided.

ZEB WALTON

ayo! - BEZ
Daps
Reppin
No Father To MY Style.. A Son Unique
Again, none of this connects jon to Lyanna, it simply implies that Lyanna wasn't kidnapped, there may have been something between her and rhaegar. I don't think you all are being objective about this since you know the theory, but I have a friend who knows nothing about GOT outside the show and i know for a fact none of that alludes to Jon's background for a viewer like her. The most you can take from it is that he's not Ned's b*stard, and before the tower of joy episode, there were no clues as to where ned got jon since Lyanna giving birth wasn't ever hinted at.
The constant refrence to its not ned starks way IS enough to point to it. Ned holds the secret forever. U gotta be an idiot to not see the foreshadowing. Listen to the end of that video. It all but confirmed it.

XxBboyxX

Banned
Daps
The mother of dragons :mjlol:

index.php