Official Game of Thrones Season 6 Thread

Daps
They lay the foundation, but they don't allude to Jon's parentage yet, that's all I'm saying. For people who simply watch this show...don't engage online and on fan theories, those clues haven't connected the viewer to Jon's parents. Again, I think a lot of people here can to be objective about it because they have either read the books or they spend a week in between episodes discussing it online and viewing vlogs and blogs.

ETA: if that's laying the foundation, then those arguing against no foundation for tyrion are bugging, twin straight up saying "you're no son of mine" is a much more concise correlation to being parented by "another"

That's all anyone is saying the show has done. They haven't done that with Tyrion Targ.

Tywin's line doesn't lay any foundation because the theory is not that Tywin knew or even suspected Tyrion wasn't his kid, is it?

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
That said, tyrion as a targ makes sense, but the show hasnt dropped any hints, they haven't really with jon either, tower of joy didn't reveal any nuggets as a self contained plot point in the show - it's simply implied knowledge from the books and fan theory...
How does Tyrion as a Targ make sense :what: Tywin and Cersei have BOTH completely shytted on him for killing his mom in labor

Tywin didnt know his own wife was a Targ :comeon:?

Cersei and Jaime didnt know what their own mom looked like at her funreral now? :aicmon:

Even the GoT wiki specifically states that she was Tywins First cousin

Daps
How does Tyrion as a Targ make sense :what: Tywin and Cersei have BOTH completely shytted on him for killing his mom in labor

Tywin didnt know his own wife was a Targ :comeon:?

Cersei and Jaime didnt know what their own mom looked like at her funreral now? :aicmon:

I believe the theory is that Aerys Targaryen was smashing Twyin's wife/Cersei and Jamie's mom, and Tyrion is really their b*stard.

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
I believe the theory is that Aerys Targaryen was smashing Twyin's wife/Cersei and Jamie's mom, and Tyrion is really their b*stard.
Ahhhhh okay my bad @dora_da_destroyer

That's a MAJOR reach tho :jbhmm: Aerys was legit crazy, fingernails As long as his entire hand, and she was loyal to Tywin

And yall honestly think Tywin would father another man's seed? A DWARF seed at that :childplease: or even the idea that Joanna Lannister wouldn't tell him that Aerys did that

XxBboyxX

Banned
Daps
Are they ever gonna do indepth about the shadowlands or the bytch they ran into in qarth who is from the shadowlands? Think her name is quaithe

Im rewatching ealry seasons and theres so much shyt they never get into

Tasha And

Superstar
Daps
I think all of the secret Targ theories are Wack but if people want to stretch to accept them then the best possible one isn't Tyrion being a secret Targ, it's Jaime and Cersei being secret Targs. If Aerys smashed Joanna it most likely would have been at the very beginning of the marriage, closer to when he wanted to excercise first night rights over Tywin....so closer to when Jaime and Cersei were conceived....instead of damn near 15 years after Tywin first married her.

That way at least Tywin would be angry that his prize children aren't his and the dwarf actually is.

I hate that theory too, it breaks Tywins motivations for wanting Jaime as his heir and being slighted when Aerys made him a kings guard, and it breaks Tywins motivations for desperately trying to have Cersei marry Rhaegar.

Both theories break the dynamic that was compelling about the Lannisters, and thus are garbage unlike r+l which actually adds to family dynamics and enchances the characters, their motivations, and arcs. But if I had to make one true, Tyrion Targ is the least compelling and the one that would piss me off the most. Fortunately I don't think it's true.

Saiyajin

Superstar
Daps
tyrion as a targaryen would ruin the damn story

he had an entire major arc of his father refusing to come to terms with a lannister, the message being that Tyrion was the closest to Tywin but Tywin let the physical disability of tyrion blind him from that?

but i still hate that fukkin midget tyrion kinslaying piece of trash SIMP :pacspit:

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
I have friends who put it together who are only show watchers. You have all these characters talking about how Lyanna and Rhaegar loved each other. It's not a big jump :heh:

perhaps, but it's hard to say since the theory is out there. and the strongest clues haven't been presented on the show

beanz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DR
Ahhhhh okay my bad @dora_da_destroyer

That's a MAJOR reach tho :jbhmm: Aerys was legit crazy, fingernails As long as his entire hand, and she was loyal to Tywin

And yall honestly think Tywin would father another man's seed? A DWARF seed at that :childplease: or even the idea that Joanna Lannister wouldn't tell him that Aerys did that

To me what kills the whole tyrion is a targ theory is the fact tywin kept raising him even after Joanna died and then after the mad king died. If tywin really felt like tyrion wasn't his son he would have killed him at childbirth, especially with him being a dwarf. Tywin hated him so much for 1. Being a dwarf 2. Killing his wife at childbirth. Not being his son would have been strike 3 and newborn baby tyrion the would have been at the bottom of a cliff feeding crows before anybody even knew he was born.

Daps
To me what kills the whole tyrion is a targ theory is the fact tywin kept raising him even after Joanna died and then after the mad king died. If tywin really felt like tyrion wasn't his son he would have killed him at childbirth, especially with him being a dwarf. Tywin hated him so much for 1. Being a dwarf 2. Killing his wife at childbirth. Not being his son would have been strike 3 and newborn baby tyrion the would have been at the bottom of a cliff feeding crows before anybody even knew he was born.
Yea, no way Tywin knowingly raises a b*stard as his own. Especially a b*stard who killed his wife to be born. It would go completely against his character.

Furthermore, how would they even reveal this? With R+L=J, the reveal can come in the form of a Bran vision. I'm not sure there's a good way to reveal that Tyrion Targ theory.

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
Yea, no way Tywin knowingly raises a b*stard as his own. Especially a b*stard who killed his wife to be born. It would go completely against his character.

Furthermore, how would they even reveal this? With R+L=J, the reveal can come in the form of a Bran vision. I'm not sure there's a good way to reveal that Tyrion Targ theory.
None! Everyone who knows jack shyt about it is dead or was too young, outside of Kevan but he doesnt say shyt for most of the show

Actually im kinda curious about what Kevam got goin on :jbhmm: wouldn't be surprised if he lets Cersei and her retarded incest family kill themselves off then makes alliances with all the families cersei pissed off

Maybe he's makin those moves now :leon: would be dope imo