Official Game of Thrones Season 6 Thread

pickles

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
#Byrdgang
There was a whole lot of :mjpls: if you read between the lines.

Why even in fantasy do the black/brown folk got to be the slaves? :martin:

White blond princess getting bowed down to by thousands of brown folk.

Get awoke if you aren't already. :mjdrinking:

This show is kind of :ld: now.

All about imagery...

ETA: Nikkas writing god damn dissertations about this show. :dead::deadrose:

The game aint that serious brehs.

Lord_Chief_Rocka

Superstar
Daps
There was a whole lot of :mjpls: if you read between the lines.

Why even in fantasy do the black/brown folk got to be the slaves? :martin:

White blond princess getting bowed down to by thousands of brown folk.

Get awoke if you aren't already. :mjdrinking:

This show is kind of :ld: now.

All about imagery...

ETA: Nikkas writing god damn dissertations about this show. :dead::deadrose:

The game aint that serious brehs.
Well the last 3 episodes have been the best since the zombie battle last season.:ehh:

As for the race stuff... I mean the source material was written by a white man so no one should expect black representation to be good:yeshrug:.

99% of entertainment either has us represented poorly or not at all

Lord_Chief_Rocka

Superstar
Daps
Why do people hate the High Sparrow story line?

It discusses the enforcement of morality (e.g Saudi religious police swag)....a popular pseudo-communist movement in Medieval times when most people in Europe were serfs...the backfire of Cersei's shortsighted plan. The pull of an enigmatic and charismatic preacher who finds an audience among the poor in decadent and corrupt Medieval state. I find it fascinating.

In fact, the High Sparrow reminds me of Savonarola:

Girolamo Savonarola - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

By the way I love how the tyrant Joffrey was followed by his polar opposite Tommen. Dynasties often used to alternate between good and cruel kings.
Because it's boring and is completely irrelevant to the real storyline. Whites, Starks, Targs, Dragons

DEAD7

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Fresno, CA.
I think Littlefinger wants to either:

1) Run the entire kingdom from behind the scenes playing Lords and Kings against each other like chess pieces on his board.

2) Wants to cause enough anarchy to destabilize the kingdom for him to silently gain enough power to become a Lord/Leader of a Great House himself (Chaos scene) or cause enough anarchy to manipulate more people to do his bidding (option 1).

3) Wants to do away with the Feudalistic system all together, and bring about the Westerosi equivalent of the Renaissance. Essentially to do away with the society that tells lowly born people like Peter that’s he’s nothing and will always be nothing.

On second watch, yea man, i can't hate, sansa and jon man :to:

I'm thinking Baelish is just some sociopath, he wants pure anarchy and misery for everyone just because he was bytchmade as a tyke and got his girl stolen

tumblr_inline_muhln4bFEh1rymbrg.gif

FLORIDA BOI

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
straight up...that shyt is boring as fukk..especially on a show with nikkas coming back from the dead, time traveling, face changing assassins, dragons, zombie armies etc.

every time this sparrow shyt pop up, im like
large.gif

You right , now that I think about it he got all these homo thugs brain washed. Some people just gotta have something to believe in . They listening to this bullshyt meanwhile., the real shyt bout to go down, I would love for the high sparrow to tell his followers after all the dumb shyt they have done , when winter comes to call on God when them walkers marching through kings landing see how much that shyt matter then

TheAlbionist

All Star
Daps
Reppin
London
Because it's boring and is completely irrelevant to the real storyline. Whites, Starks, Targs, Dragons

A storyline has to exist in a world... the thing that's given Game of Thrones the critical reception it's got over other swords, fantasy and t*ts shows is that the world is so fleshed out and 3D. Spartacus: Blood and Sand wouldn't have a High Sparrow (and it wouldn't spend 5 seasons gassing up the One True King only to have him cut down), but then, Spartacus: Blood and Sand was shyt.

The High Sparrow is an archetype who has appeared in countless power vacuums and popular struggles throughout human history and reminds us that whoever sits on the Iron Throne and however much power they wield over the peers is always at risk if the rank-and-file are pushed far enough... I bet the Charles I and his Cavaliers thought Cromwell was a crushing bore, but the might of the Royal armies couldn't stop him beheading the King, banning music and theatre and running England as a religious fundamentalist dictatorship for the rest of his life though.