Official Game of Thrones Season 6 Thread

XxBboyxX

Banned
Daps
I'd be okay with Thorne being kept alive. Just body that git Ollie. Legit my most hated character right now.

nah Thorne led them to do that shyt. Thorne could of told the boy to let it go and follow your commanders orders. Needed to remind him that he no longer has family when he took the black. While Ollie is bytch made too, Thorne was the culprit behind it all. He never like Jon since he came through the gates.

Daps
His storyline didn't exist in a vacuum. His story ends tragically, as a man consumed by his duty that he was willing to do anything to reach his goals. But the point of his story continued on with Mel and Davos. He was a red herring, for both Melisandre, and the viewer, thinking he has this grand purpose, when really the grand purpose lied with Mel and Davos, his two sidekicks that hated each other.

Stannis fits all 5 characteristics of a Tragic Hero.

1. He's a character of noble stature and has greatness. ( He's from House Baratheon )

2. Though the tragic hero is pre-eminently great, he's is not perfect.

3. The hero's downfall, therefore, is partially his/her own fault, and thus the result of free choice, not of accident or villainy or some overriding, malevolent fate. ( Going to War in the North / Not listening to his right hand man / Burning his daughter )

4. The hero's misfortunate is not wholly deserved. The punishment exceeds the crime.

5. The fall is not pure loss. There is some increase in awareness, some gain in self-knowledge, some discovery on the part of the tragic hero. ( Not sure about this one but whatever lol )

Last edited:

TKOK

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Sactown
I wonder what Ramsey's gift is.
Probably Alys Karstark, in the books she was supposed to marry her cousin or some shyt, but they might change that in the show.

Also even though i knew it happening, i was
giphy.gif
at the end.

Brofato

Fade Doe
Daps
Probably Alys Karstark, in the books she was supposed to marry her cousin or some shyt, but they might change that in the show.

giphy.gif
at the end.

It might've been wayyy too telegraphed but that feeling was still there, yeah lol.

I'm interested to see what part of him will be lost.

Tasha And

Superstar
Daps
That's exactly what I was hoping for, too.
Why would fire bring him back? That hasn't been set up and narratively makes no sense. The way he was brought back this episode was set up in season 3 and is consistent with what we have already seen, that red priests that have lost faith have brought back people from the dead.

TKOK

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Sactown
It might've been wayyy too telegraphed but that feeling was still there, yeah lol.

I'm interested to see what part of him will be lost.
yeah they did that whole " person isn't succesfull until after all hope is given up" thing. But they sure did stretch the fukk out of it.

MrSinnister

Delete account when possible.
Daps
Likely the best GoT episode so far, with the Purple Wedding being #2. So many questions answered, and a good bit of plotting, but you understand where many of the pieces are moving. I thought they would make Jon Snow permadead...then they focused on Ghost. My theory is he warged into Ghost to ride out the fukkery. His body came alive during the spell, but there was no soul in there.

MrSinnister

Daps
Breh in like a 10 min span they offed two kings and a mother and her newborn.

Not to mention that random dude shyt talking cersei.

I love this show just dont want it to get too silly in its last few seasons
They offed 1 lord and one king of a shyt territory.

MrSinnister

Daps

giphy.gif
at the end.
I want to know who really thought it was happening that episode. It wasn't as telegraphed as people say it was. When everyone lost hope, with all the other deaths we've seen, I really did think it was permanent, or at least not able to be done by Melisandre. I feared it would be the running background plot up until he was burned.

The Wildlings would've likely called for hi to be burned north of the wall, being an esteemed honorary member. I was scared I'd have to wait out a lot of fukkery.

Still, for all the crybabies, this was an amazing episode.

Brofato

Fade Doe
Daps
Why would fire bring him back? That hasn't been set up and narratively makes no sense. The way he was brought back this episode was set up in season 3 and is consistent with what we have already seen, that red priests that have lost faith have brought back people from the dead.

Mine wasn't exactly like the one I quoted. I was hoping he'd just wake up on the pyre not the fire bringing him back necessarily. It just would've been cool to see and it would've played with people's emotions even more.

There's also that fan theory