Official Game of Thrones Season 6 Thread

Daps
Reppin
Iowa
Please don't bring this bullshyt in this thread. If you want to start a race debate about the show, make a separate thread. Everything on the coli doesn't have to become one of these damn

DUDE READ THE WHOLE THREAD BEFORE YOUR KNEE JERK REACTIONS GET THE BEST OF YOU, FOR YOUR OWN SAKE.

godkiller

"We are the Fury"
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You've watched every episode, but I can count at least 5 off the top of my head.

Grey Worm & Missandei
Sallador Saan
King of Qarth
Highborn Dude in Mereen that married Khaleesi
Aero Hotep

And that's not counting random extras who were slaves or slavers, pirates or essos nobles.

No, he's right. There are only 3 blacks in the show - Salladhor Saan, Aero Hotep (killed) and the King of Qarth (killed). The rest of the characters you mentioned are depicted as the mixed ethnic people of the East. They are fittingly are labelled "mongrels" in the book. You might as well include the Dothraki if you're just going to label as black everyone with skin darker than pale because most of the Mereen people look similar to the Dothraki. Blacks are supposed to be from the Summer Isles. The show has basically killed them all off including Hotep, who easily defeated a Kingsguard in the book.

Tasha And

Superstar
Daps
No, he's right. There are only 3 blacks in the show - Salladhor Saan, Aero Hotep (killed) and the King of Qarth (killed). The rest of the characters you mentioned are depicted as the mixed ethnic people of the East. They are fittingly are labelled "mongrels" in the book. You might as well include the Dothraki if you're just going to label as black everyone with skin darker than pale. Blacks are from the Summer Isles. The show has basically killed them all off including Hotep, who easily defeated a Kingsguard in the book.

Missandei and Grey Worm are both from the Summer Isles.

godkiller

"We are the Fury"
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Yet look like the Mereneese people who aren't. I'm not comfortable with you guys calling everybody black when the book clearly says they are supposed to be mongrels. The book also clearly calls halfbreed people "mongrels" too.

Last edited:

NoMayo15

All Star
Daps
No, he's right. There are only 3 blacks in the show - Salladhor Saan, Aero Hotep (killed) and the King of Qarth (killed). The rest of the characters you mentioned are depicted as the mixed ethnic people of the East. They are fittingly are labelled "mongrels" in the book. You might as well include the Dothraki if you're just going to label as black everyone with skin darker than pale because most of the Mereen people look similar to the Dothraki. Blacks are supposed to be from the Summer Isles. The show has basically killed them all off including Hotep, who easily defeated a Kingsguard in the book.

This. And I'm not including all non-white people as black. I'm only including people who the general public would identify as black. In the same sense that President Obama is black, it's probably safe to assume the actor that plays Grey Worm is black.

I also remember there are some slavers that capture Jorah Mormont and Tyrion in season 5, I think. My point is there probably are other non-major characters in Essos whom most of us would identify as black.....not that any of this even matters really.

NoMayo15

All Star
Daps
Yet look like the Mereneese people who aren't. I'm not comfortable with you guys calling everybody black when the book clearly says they are supposed to be mongrels. The book also clearly calls halfbreed people "mongrels" too.

No one's talking about the book. The initial statement was there were only three black people on the show, and I pointed out how that was not true.

TheAlbionist

All Star
Daps
Reppin
London
Ok, so Grantland's demise means no more Ask The Maester :sadcam: - anyone got any similar blog recommendations?:feedme:

MrSinnister

Delete account when possible.
Daps
DUDE READ THE WHOLE THREAD BEFORE YOUR KNEE JERK REACTIONS GET THE BEST OF YOU, FOR YOUR OWN SAKE.
Nobody's reading 171 pages to get why this thread is being derailed with SOS :mjlol:. Just explain why now it's suddenly important yesterday? Is this some weekly thing as well? We all know there's very fee brothers and sisters in this show. It's like women crying about comic book characters. We hardly buy or fund the shyt, so what do you expect?

What we should be crying about is why WE can't make shyt like this, and everything has to be about basic shyt we know well, but doesn't really make us think outside of our own experiences as much? Why are most of our shows validation fixes? Learn that answer FOR YOUR OWN SAKE.