Official Game of Thrones Season 6 Thread

MrSinnister

Delete account when possible.
Daps
Everytime I think about Dorne:snoop:

But maybe Elaria's dumbass plan is to allign with Dany and have her legitimize the Sand Snakes once she takes King's Landing?
Doubt it :francis:

Pretty sure she's not thinking that far ahead, if at all:lolbron:, because you've never seen her make one move out of Dorne since Oberyn's (put some 'spect on my name when you say it) death.

FlyGuy

pimp of the year
Daps
Reppin
tropicana
Here's how I think is gon go down - heard parallel thoughts out there same time as mine but I'll break it down, no prize to claim if I get it right:

1) Melly Mel - maybe even still lookin out wit dem flapjakks - tells Davos he was right about her, she's a fraud, and she got Stannis, Selyse the whole damm army AND Princess "Too Good for Westeros" Shireen killed, for nothing.

2) She says to Davos he can have his revenge on her - burning her to death, the purest way to die as bish herself has stated

3) But - Jon Snow goes on the pyre wit her. And doesn't burn. And you know why.

THEN:

Olly gonna get that Office Space treatment :pacspit:

tumblr_ny4yts0RHZ1ro8ysbo1_500.gif

Kd35brah

All Star
Daps
Killing so many people for shock value cheapens the story and desensitizes the value of death in this show.

It's annoying, lock them in a cage and take over while they are forced to watch at least.

MrSinnister

Delete account when possible.
Daps
Olly gonna get that Office Space treatment :pacspit:

tumblr_ny4yts0RHZ1ro8ysbo1_500.gif
Olly gets the most hate, for the worst reason. Yes, it seems like he betrayed Jon Snow the hardest, because he looked as his pupil and protege; but it seems like the framing of that scene was to show the whole Night's Watch had the temperament and understanding of children.

Idk. This all depends on if Jon simply told them to trust him, and NOBODY talked about Hardhome, or if he had, and they killed him anyway. Olly doesn't have the intelligence to grasp the kind of fear he should have. Alister Thorne SHOULD. He, as a Ranger, has to have a clue about the new White Walker threat. If he doesn't believe it, it's on him.

We're blaming the child, who had seen his parents murdered VERY recently, over the adults that should know how well Jon has coordinated their defenses and is trying to help against an even worse foe. Olly has always been very confused on this issue. Jon didn't tell him enough to pursuade him in on-camera scenes.

You're telling me NO CROW ALIVE TALKED ABOUT THIS shyt??!!??

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
is someone gonna legitimize them as Martels?
That's a good question. I doubt the crown is thrilled with Dorne & would be willing to legitimize the sand snakes.

how will the house go on with only females?
Is that a serious question? The Sand Snakes will eventually get married & have kids.

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
Is that a serious question? The Sand Snakes will eventually get married & have kids.
and those kids will take the name of their father

my question is about House Martel. it's descendants might live on, but who will carry the name without a male heir?

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
A google search and implied reasoning would revel the answer to that. Female rulers pass on their last name/house to the kids. You think they do everything different in dorne except that? :swaggywhat:
when has that happened in A Game of Thrones or ASOIAF? (edit: I see now that there is precedent for it, especially in Dorne. however I still feel the cards are stacked against House Martell still existing). a male heir is an important factor throughout the story. and again, they would have to be legitimized as Martells before they could make a move like that. if the people in Dorne did their own thing, and went against these traditions, they wouldn't be calling their b*stards "Sands" in the first place

here's what a google search got me:

House Martell

With the assassinations of Prince Doran Martell, and his only heir, Trystane Martell, by Ellaria Sand and the Sand Snakes, House Martell is legally extinct.
now they join the Reynes, Tarbecks, etc. :rip:

families go extinct everyday b, but I think it begs the follow up question if Ellaria really thinks that's what Oberyn would have wanted for his house

Last edited: