Official Game of Thrones Season 6 Thread

Verbal Kint

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
TC, Ap
The absolute STUPID complaints I'm seeing elsewhere and also here about this episode:beli:

Do people really need their hands held?

Let me help:

How did the Sand Snakes get to Kings Landing, they werent on the boat?........um, perhaps they trailed the boat later on their own boat and snuck in to commit an assasination. Not that hard to understand

Where did the hunting dogs go?.......um, either they ran away or one of the Bolton men escaped with them. There were a hundred camera cuts in that scene and tons of offscreen action. Not that hard to understand

Why did Melisandre not look old when she was in the bathtub with no necklace?.....um, first off you are under the assumption that the necklace was what disguised her on the show which is not necessairly true because there is no evidence for it. Also, did you notice the camera focus on the potions on the counter? Maybe the potions disguise her. And even if it is the necklace, the bathtub scene is nothing more than a minor continuity error. A costume mistake. Who cares:beli:

Is it gonna be like this every single episode now that they are off-book and its open season for people to shyt on the writers:beli:

Agree that nit picking is pointless and can ruin things. That said the complaints aren't 'stupid' and are pretty valid if you want to nit pick.
How can the sand snakes follow the boat without ever being spotted? How can they leave Dorne without Doran knowing? I guess you can say that his people betrayed him but then why wait so long? Why not just murk Doran on the docks last season?

Verbal Kint

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
TC, Ap
a friend of mine just said this in regards to melisandre becoming old AF in an instant

'That part reminds me of the book where theirs an old lady in the forest with powers that brotherhood without banners bumps into'

I know I should just hit up the book thread but i'll leave that here too

Not the same thing at all.

Clapsteel O'Neal

put a red dot on your head like a hindu
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The absolute STUPID complaints I'm seeing elsewhere and also here about this episode:beli:

Do people really need their hands held?

Let me help:

How did the Sand Snakes get to Kings Landing, they werent on the boat?........um, perhaps they trailed the boat later on their own boat and snuck in to commit an assasination. Not that hard to understand

Where did the hunting dogs go?.......um, either they ran away or one of the Bolton men escaped with them. There were a hundred camera cuts in that scene and tons of offscreen action. Not that hard to understand

Why did Melisandre not look old when she was in the bathtub with no necklace?.....um, first off you are under the assumption that the necklace was what disguised her on the show which is not necessairly true because there is no evidence for it. Also, did you notice the camera focus on the potions on the counter? Maybe the potions disguise her. And even if it is the necklace, the bathtub scene is nothing more than a minor continuity error. A costume mistake. Who cares:beli:

Is it gonna be like this every single episode now that they are off-book and its open season for people to shyt on the writers:beli:
Yeah I haven't read through the thread but my whole understanding with the melisandre necklace thing is that it wasn't a mistake on their part with the episode last night, but a lapse in concentration and wardrobe malfunction back in season 4 because if I remember correctly the books make point to state that she doesn't take off her necklace (but never states why)

The whole potion thing you said, i just thought that was just their way of hammering home the idea that she does actually use magic for whatever reasons and shes not a charlatan. She didn't become old as fucc until the moment she took off the necklace so odds are thats what makes her young and it doesnt get deeper than that

But at the end of the day imo the fucc up they did back in s4 is not a big deal :yeshrug:

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
daenary's was about to have a train ran on her like her brother prophesied by a thousand dothraki savages and their horses and I was :dj2:

fvck a targaryen, they had their run
Then she told them hoe ass nikkas to go fukk each other :umad:

Verbal Kint

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
TC, Ap
Actually, the whole point is that the Dornish are impulsive passionate people. And Doran is the exact opposite of that, which is why they felt he had to go. Every thing in the books and the series shows us that DNA and cultural norms are REALLY strong in Westeros.

Northerners are more earnest, stern people, Honor is a big deal.
Lannisters are prone to be conniving.
Dornish are prone to be lusty and impassioned.

There was NO WAY after Doran got so pissed about Jamie, that he woulda been cool with Myrcella getting nixed. Doran had to go. It was the only way for them to have any sort of autonomy. As you saw, not even the guards gave a shyt about Doran. And people talking about Elia like it was that long ago. That would be akin to Jackie O being raped and killed by Soviet forces and then we go into trade agreements with them. You already KNOW there would be a sector of the country that would be losing there shyt and WAITING for a chance to get at Russia.

the 'well actually guy' :russ:
Naw man. You're missing the point. Doran in the books APPEARED to be passive and weak but was plotting on the low and making things happen. He got the drop on the sand snakes plans and was trying to deal with them in his own way. Doran on the show actually WAS passive and weak and his only goal was to avoid war. He let them get the drop on him. Yea Doran wasn't outwardly passionate like other Dornish folks but he also wanted revenge and was actively working towards getting it. That was what made Doran an interesting character. He knew he couldn't just square up with the Lannisters and was playing the long game to get at them by sending his son to marry Dany (didn't work) and his niece to the Citadel. He also had armies on call near the borders. This nikka on the show was just sitting around like :sadcam:. Yea it makes sense that the sand snakes wanted him dead but nothing he did made sense. Book Doran didn't murk Ellaria or the snakes because the people loved them but he did detain them and keep an eye on them, plus there were what 9 of them? In the show he didn't keep an eye on them, punish them or do anything to actually deal with them

MrSinnister

Delete account when possible.
Daps
I dont read the books (that far in advance anyways, i did just start book 1).but i heard somethings from the books have not happened yet, but nothing major.
I'm with you. I'm not reading the books until the show is over, unless I get really bored. The show has diverged from the book in a few ways, that makes the flow of events unreliable, at best, to be spoiled anymore. It's pretty iffy if you'd see more than 50% of what's in the future (this season onwards) in the new book as well. Take it with a grain of salt, as this is D&D's interpretation of the books now, with a little input from GRRM.

MrSinnister

Delete account when possible.
Daps
Stannis rode for the Realm.

such a despicable creature such as yrself would know nothing of honor

When The North rides you'll wish you were on the right side of this war
:smugbiden:

:whoa: On that indiscriminately burning people shyt.