Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex

thrones_article_story_large.jpg

How long will 'Game of Thrones' last? Prequel in talks

By Roth Cornet | Thursday, Jul 30, 2015 7:52 PM

Other than “When will George R.R. Martin finally finish his book?”, the most consistent question from “Game of Thrones” fans is: “How long will the series last?”

At today’s TCA (Television Critics Association) press tour, HBO head of programming Michael Lombardo said that the series will likely run through Season 8.

However, he added that he’d like co-executive producers David Benioff and D.B. Weiss to change their minds and to move forward with additional seasons.

In fact, the network is in favor of staying in the Westeros business for as long as they are able. Lombardo is open to a prequel series – if the creative team feels they have a compelling story to tell.

As to the mixed response to this past season -- particularly in regards to Sansa Stark's frightful arc -- Lombardo said that violence has been a thread throughout the series. Adding that he fully supports Benioff and Weiss artistically, Lombardo said that “there’s no two showrunners who are more careful [about crossing a line].”

As to a certain late character’s fate, Lombardo once again assured: "Everything I’ve seen heard and read, Jon Snow is indeed dead."

We shall see come Season 6.

Let us know what you think. Would you like to see a "Game of Thrones" prequel? How many seasons do you think it ought to get?

Game of Thrones could go past season 8 and get a prequel

Last edited:

King Crimson

Member of a very exclusive gang
Daps
Reppin
Bk/NY

I'd hate to see GRRM write an NFL season for us. He'd probably build us up only to have us get slaughtered at the Superbowl. :noah:

dennis roadman

nuclear war in my bag
Daps
Reppin
solsbury hill

I'd hate to see GRRM write an NFL season for us. He'd probably build us up only to have us get slaughtered at the Superbowl. :noah:

did you ever catch or read about this reference?

The galley was also where the ship's books were kept... the fourth and final volume of The Life of the Triarch Belicho, a famous Volantene patriot whose unbroken succession of conquests and triumphs ended rather abruptly when he was eaten by giants. (439 of the US Hardcover)

:ehh: