Official Game of Thrones Season 6 Thread

Daps
His name is possibly a Targ nam Jhaegar or something to that effect.

I'm saying, if his name is Jhaegar, why would they mute it? We already know his father is Rhaegar. I think they muted it cuz his given name has some deeper meaning they're not yet ready to reveal

Last edited:

3rdLetter

Pushin afros back to '76
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Qnz, NYC
One thing that just hit me watching the episode again. Where on his body did Lancel get stabbed? Did the kid strike a nerve :dahell: Punctured lung:dahell:
He was moving towards the candles like he had his achilles sliced.

85 East

DJ D'eeznuts
Daps
One thing that just hit me watching the episode again. Where on his body did Lancel get stabbed? Did the kid strike a nerve :dahell: Punctured lung:dahell:
He was moving towards the candles like he had his achilles sliced.

I think he was stabbed in the kidney

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
I'm saying, if his name is Jhaegar, why would they mute it? We already know his father is Rhaegar. I think they muted it cuz his given name has some deeper meaning they're not yet ready to reveal
They would potentially mute ANYTHING that isnt "Jon" because it allows for a reveal later

It doesn't necessarily have to have a deep meaning.

Its just something to reveal to the audience later when Jon himself finds out about his parentage, since we already know the secret.

Adds some impact for the viewers

Daps
Reppin
Mt. Vernon
They would potentially mute ANYTHING that isnt "Jon" because it allows for a reveal later

Its just something to reveal to the audience later when Jon himself finds out about his parentage, since we already know the secret.

Exactly I think it was just that so the viewers have no clue. Save it for next season to reveal his Targ name. The lore for this show is dope. I really got in to it this season. Watched all those youtube videos about the history it was incredible

Daps

Ehh, I don't agree with that. If it has no other impact I don't think they mute. They didn't need her to mutter his name at all if they weren't ready to reveal. I think they're purposefully adding mystery around it cuz it has some implications.

FrankyFourFingers

Raised in Ruins
Daps
Reppin
CA
Ehh, I don't agree with that. If it has no other impact I don't think they mute. They didn't need her to mutter his name at all if they weren't ready to reveal. I think they're purposefully adding mystery around it cuz it has some implications.
Devils advocate, maybe it was muted so the actual reveal could be that shot with the babies face transitioning to jons. I think it was more for those who had no knowledge of R+L=J.

The only reason i think his name might not be jon is because there really isnt no reason for them to name him jon, unless lyanna was close to jon arryn aswell.

It would be dope if his name was jonaerys or jaeherys though

Daps
Devils advocate, maybe it was muted so the actual reveal could be that shot with the babies face transitioning to jons. I think it was more for those who had no knowledge of R+L=J.

The only reason i think his name might not be jon is because there really isnt no reason for them to name him jon, unless lyanna was close to jon arryn aswell.

It would be dope if his name was jonaerys or jaeherys though

Ok, but I'm saying, before she said anything, I, and I imagine most GOT fans weren't even thinking they had given him a name. If they are simply waiting to reveal a given name simply for the fan's benefit then they didn't need to mute it. They could've just not had her said the name at that point.

FrankyFourFingers

Raised in Ruins
Daps
Reppin
CA
Ok, but I'm saying, before she said anything, I, and I imagine most GOT fans weren't even thinking they had given him a name. If they are simply waiting to reveal a given name simply for the fan's benefit then they didn't need to mute it. They could've just not had her said the name at that point.
:ehh:

Fair point.

FrankyFourFingers

Raised in Ruins
Daps
Reppin
CA
:martin: Man Im watching the scene where Snowman is talking to Bran before leaves for The Wall, and Cats salty attitude has me :martin:.

I never hated Cat like that, but I can see why throughout the show viewers were giving her :scust:.
Hated that bytch like i hated skylar from BB. That scene is even colder in the books. She tells him it should of been him that fell