Official Game of Thrones Season 6 Thread

TheAlbionist

All Star
Daps
Reppin
London
:martin: Man Im watching the scene where Snowman is talking to Bran before leaves for The Wall, and Cats salty attitude has me :martin:.

I never hated Cat like that, but I can see why throughout the show viewers were giving her :scust:.

I've been watching Season 1 this weekend too - up to about Ep6 I think. I'm #starkset all the fukking way, but if you view their first couple of seasons through eyes that have watched 6 seasons of Game of Thrones it's difficult not to spend half the show with your head in your hands.

Ned not taking Renly's offer of troops to freeze Joffrey out of the throne room.:snoop:

Sansa generally being the most insufferable bytch in Seven Kingdoms to EVERYONE except the Lannisters.:scusthov: At least Lady got murked instead of Nymeria.

Jon whinging non-stop about being an under-appreciated b*stard.:shaq2:

Robb throwing his untested teenage weight around with battle-hardened Northmen.:heh:

Cat entirely ignoring the GLARINGLY fukkING OBVIOUS and accusing Tyrion of Bran's attempted murder on that dwarf:mjpls:

I know Theon isn't proper Starkset, but his simping over Roz is fukking SHAMEFUL.:sadcam:

The only properly 'bout it Stark in the first two seasons is Arya... no wonder we still love her.:salute:

It's still #starkset though. They've grown.:obama:

TKOK

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Sactown
Ok, but I'm saying, before she said anything, I, and I imagine most GOT fans weren't even thinking they had given him a name. If they are simply waiting to reveal a given name simply for the fan's benefit then they didn't need to mute it. They could've just not had her said the name at that point.
That's true, they could have just had her say the part after they muted the name. For him to already be named might mean it's gonna mean something important. Rhaegar was all into prophecy and all that comes with it , so he probably wouldn't just name him some normal name.

joeychizzle

光復香港,時代革命
Daps
Reppin
vlEZbaP.jpg

Bone Bender

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Brehs, did Arya take a face mask before leaving Baaros for Westeros?

Also how did she not go blind after doing that? I thought that was the consequence for using a mask and killing someone you werent ordered to kill.

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA

Also how did she not go blind after doing that? I thought that was the consequence for using a mask and killing someone you werent ordered to kill.

There is no explanation for that in the show, nor is there an explanation for how the Faceless Men's transformations work in the books

These are the things I think the viewer is intended to figure out themselves:

1) Cutting and prepping the faces is part of the ritual, but it is not that simple. Magic is clearly involved
  • In S5 when Jaquen drinks the poison, Arya pulls a ton of faces off the dead body including her own. Obviously this is not her real, skinned off face, so magic is apparently the main component of their transformations
  • When a person "wears" a face, they also take on their voices and transform physically. Its not just a costume face
  • The Hall of Faces appears to be more of a tribute to the many faced god to me, rather than an "inventory" of disguises
2) Because of #1, Arya does not necessarily have to have taken a face from Braavos. She could have killed some girl and taken her face, or taken it from the Hall -- either one. She obviously knows the magic involved to transform, since she transformed when she killed Meryn Trant back in S5

3) She went blind because Jaquen made her go blind as punishment. It didn't just happen out of the blue. Furthermore, it is implied when she leaves the House of Black and White that Jaquen has released her from her commitments to the Faceless Men and the Many Faced God. He gives her a smirk of approval, and in the behind the episode that HBO released it is mentioned that he was almost proud of her. Perhaps the Faceless Men recruited her with no intention of her becoming a true Faceless Man, but rather to give her the skills to kill in Westeros and get revenge at the hands of the Many Faced God for the lives that have been stolen from the noble houses.

None of it is clear, and I highly doubt that we will get a clear explanation.

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA

There is no explanation for that in the show, nor is there an explanation for how the Faceless Men's transformations work in the books

These are the things I think the viewer is intended to figure out themselves:

1) Cutting and prepping the faces is part of the ritual, but it is not that simple. Magic is clearly involved
  • In S5 when Jaquen drinks the poison, Arya pulls a ton of faces off the dead body including her own. Obviously this is not her real, skinned off face, so magic is apparently the main component of their transformations
  • When a person "wears" a face, they also take on their voices and transform physically. Its not just a costume face
  • The Hall of Faces appears to be more of a tribute to the many faced god to me, rather than an "inventory" of disguises
2) Because of #1, Arya does not necessarily have to have taken a face from Braavos. She could have killed some girl and taken her face, or taken it from the Hall -- either one. She obviously knows the magic involved to transform, since she transformed when she killed Meryn Trant back in S5

3) She went blind because Jaquen made her go blind as punishment. It didn't just happen out of the blue. Furthermore, it is implied when she leaves the House of Black and White that Jaquen has released her from her commitments to the Faceless Men and the Many Faced God. He gives her a smirk of approval, and in the behind the episode that HBO released it is mentioned that he was almost proud of her. Perhaps the Faceless Men recruited her with no intention of her becoming a true Faceless Man, but rather to give her the skills to kill in Westeros and get revenge at the hands of the Many Faced God for the lives that have been stolen from the noble houses.

None of it is clear, and I highly doubt that we will get a clear explanation. That type of drawn out exposition is not really

Chris Cool

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So Cal
Was on vacation and didn't get to check it til Saturday. :why: wtf happened to ghost? They calling jon the white wolf but ghost on vacation and shyt.

Been going through this thread though:pachaha: you #targset nikkas is something else
owuqC5w.jpg

Yaw drafted the nikka and immediately traded him. You don't get to claim him now. Not one time during his hall of fame career has the nikka ever put on a targ jersey. All of a sudden he #targset though? :skip: yaw nikkas need to quit.
tumblr_o92alenQ191sdljruo1_500.gif

Snowman got championship banners over here though :banderas:.
Meanwhile yaw nikkas is :blessed: because yaw getting dleague wins overseas. :pachaha: this the big leagues over here, yaw nikkas ain't ready. Winter is here:demonic:.

:salute: to my #starkset brethren.

#starkset
#wolfgang
#soicy
#freebrangang
#can'tkillthesnowman
#kingofthenorth

intruder

SOHH Class of 2003 and CASUAL sports fan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Love
Watching Libertador and seeing the guy who played Ramsay play a good guy feels awkward as fukk :russ:

intruder

SOHH Class of 2003 and CASUAL sports fan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Love
vlEZbaP.jpg

Ranking the GoT chicks i want to fukk

1. Talisa Stark (Robb's wife)
    a0c9c98e832fcc495e400d0c0ef7362a.jpg
  2. Missandei (Targ set black chick)
    missandei.jpg
  3. Tyene (From Dorne Sand Snakes)What can i say? I love women who bragabout their p*ssy :manny: Dont judge me
    GOT504_080714_HS_DSC_2824-1024x732.jpg
  4. Danaerys Targaryan
  5. Osha (wildling chick with Bran and Rickon) Dont ask me why. Something about the way she loks at people turn me the fukk on
  6. Yara (Theon's sisyer) What can i say? I love women that can fight
yes i have weird taste.