Official Game of Thrones Season 5 Thread (No books/leaks spoilers; spoiler tags not allowed)

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
:sas2: Can we talk about Myrcella having that heartwarming scene with Jamie makes NO SENSE since Jamie has never been or shown any interest in being a father to his kids?

dennis roadman

nuclear war in my bag
Daps
Reppin
solsbury hill
Random question...

Off the Jon Snow is Targ Set, maybe can be brought back from the dead with fire and the red lady steez....

If being a targaryen means that you don't burn in fire.....wouldnt Maester Aemon's (100% Targ + true kings blood) body not be affected during his funeral? Or was that because he was dead? But Jon would be dead if they did have that ceremony....

I dunno this has been going on in my head since I first heard it
Targaryens can burn, Maester Aemon's brother Aegon burned down Summerhall trying to birth dragons

:sas2: Can we talk about Myrcella having that heartwarming scene with Jamie makes NO SENSE since Jamie has never been or shown any interest in being a father to his kids?
Character development is allowed :patrice:

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA

Did you read that on westeros.org :francis:

C'mon bruh, thats a trash comment. Jamie has shown no interest in fathering his kids because it would have gotten him and his sister and his children murdered

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex

C'mon bruh, thats a trash comment. Jamie has shown no interest in fathering his kids because it would have gotten him and his sister and his children murdered

No I didn't read that on Westeros.org, it just crossed my mind.

It doesn't matter why Jamie hadn't been a father to his kids. It still doesn't make sense for Myrcella to be talking about she's happy that Jamie's her father, when doesn't have a relationship with him like that.

Character development is allowed :patrice:

I think most folks agree Myrcella didn't get developed much this season. So her & Jamie bonding would have had to happen off-screen.

dennis roadman

nuclear war in my bag
Daps
Reppin
solsbury hill
No I didn't read that on Westeros.org, it just crossed my mind.

It doesn't matter why Jamie hadn't been a father to his kids. It still doesn't make sense for Myrcella to be talking about she's happy that Jamie's her father, when doesn't have a relationship with him like that.

I think most folks agree Myrcella didn't get developed much this season. So her & Jamie bonding would have had to happen off-screen.
No shyt, but Jaime has clearly been becoming a more well rounded person for a few seasons now

Myrcella isn't developed in any medium in the world of ice and fire

Daps

Also cuz he's a smug ass, deplorable, one handed fakkit. :stopitslime:

No shyt, but Jaime has clearly been becoming a more well rounded person for a few seasons now

Myrcella isn't developed in any medium in the world of ice and fire
Negged

detroitwalt

Superstar
Daps
Random question...

Off the Jon Snow is Targ Set, maybe can be brought back from the dead with fire and the red lady steez....

If being a targaryen means that you don't burn in fire.....wouldnt Maester Aemon's (100% Targ + true kings blood) body not be affected during his funeral? Or was that because he was dead? But Jon would be dead if they did have that ceremony....

I dunno this has been going on in my head since I first heard it

Granny: Do Targaryens become immune to fire once they "bond" to their dragons?

George_RR_Martin: Granny, thanks for asking that. It gives me a chance to clear up a common misconception. TARGARYENS ARE NOT IMMUNE TO FIRE! The birth of Dany's dragons was unique, magical, wonderous, a miracle. She is called The Unburnt because she walked into the flames and lived. But her brother sure as hell wasn't immune to that molten gold.

Revanshe: So she won't be able to do it again?

George_RR_Martin: Probably not.
http://scifi.stackexchange.com/questions/9356/is-daenerys-targaryen-immune-to-fire

Daps

detroitwalt

Superstar
Daps
Hmm, while I knew all Targs weren't immune to fire, I thought for sure Dany was. The first episode she gets into the tub of scolding hot water, unbothered. Later she picks up on of the burning Dragon eggs and it doesn't phase her at all yet her hand maiden gets burnt. Are those instances strictly for tv?
She may be fire resistant but not immune. I don't know
In the books her hands blistered up either after riding Drogon or pulling the spears from his body.

detroitwalt

Superstar
Daps
CIBbkGdUYAEewpY.jpg

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
Hmm, while I knew all Targs weren't immune to fire, I thought for sure Dany was. The first episode she gets into the tub of scolding hot water, unbothered. Later she picks up on of the burning Dragon eggs and it doesn't phase her at all yet her hand maiden gets burnt. Are those instances strictly for tv?
I may be remembering wrong, but I think in Daznaks Pit in the book, Drogon burns off all her hair bald