Official Game of Thrones Season 5 Thread (No books/leaks spoilers; spoiler tags not allowed)

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
Dog, i've been going thru this with my people since this morning. it's this internet era that we're in where we believe nothing unless the shyt is on video.

Stannis is alive? forreal...just because they didn't show Brienne slicing the mothafukkas face off? the dude was barely able to move, he was bleeding out from the achilles anyway, she vowed to kill him because she's a soldier & swore to it, she asked for any last words, he told her to get it over with, and she took a gigantic hack with the sword. what the fukk else do people need to see? :mindblown:

Lets not confuse Stannis situation with Jon's here

Stannis is 50/50 dead.....tough to say. Not necessarily leaving any open plot threads if he is dead, other than Melisandre having to figure out where her prophecies went wrong

Jon is 100/0 permanently dead. His character will return in some form or fashion. There are multiple plot threads still open with his character. Explain to me what would be the purpose of Melisandre's obsession with him this season? The same Melisandre that just returned to the Wall before his stabbing. The same Melisandre who worships a god who has proven powers to resurrect the dead?

Lets not be dense people.

I'm not even gonna get into the question of Jon's parentage which has been a question since EPISODE 1 that needs answered

smARTmouf

Ascended Member
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
I'm not rooting for Jon Snow... Check the damn Avatar!!!

But i'm just pointing out FACTS from the show!

Resurrections happen, it has happened on the show...

By killing Jon Snow it releases him from his vows to the nights watch... So if he were to come back to life as Jon Stark he would be able to rally all the troops to take back Winterfell, Wildlings would follow him... he saved their asses from death, there are several thousand sell swords around that abandoned Stannis's cause, then all the karstarks and other families would join in to take back the north.

Great fukking point....

Killing him and resurrecting him was a way to get his oath keeping ass out of the Nights Watch...

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
In regards to the white walkers, why haven't they attacked anywhere else. They seem to move fast as hell and not like they need coordination or strategy.

smARTmouf

Ascended Member
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
If the White Walkers can't get past the wall...what's the point of marching unless they have a plan to get past the wall...seems like they'll be marching in circles...

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
nikkas in here talking about a revival:what:

He's fukking dead

tumblr_naoy74Y4Ih1s6ns7wo1_250.gif
:mindblown:

I now see why I didn't bother coming in here too much during this season.

First time I check after the Finale, and nikkas talking about he going to be resurrected :dahell:

:mjcry:
"...for the watch"

Brozay

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
the foreshadowing is too heavy for Jon Snow to be gone, he ll be back

people complaining about the pacing, but i thought it was very on point for the Arya/Cersei scenes. The others may have been rushed but :yeshrug:

I didnt like all the cliffhangers ... we have Stannis, Ayra going blind, Theon/Sansa, Jon Snow - sorry thats a bit too much, they should have made the endings of Stannis & Theon/Sansa more direct, I dont get the point of having to carry over those storylines with any ambiguity

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
If the White Walkers can't get past the wall...what's the point of marching unless they have a plan to get past the wall...seems like they'll be marching in circles...

Thats a mystery. Perhaps they have a plan to take down the Wall? Perhaps they have visions into the future like Bran does and see it falling?

Some people think that the Wall might be ready to fall right now. The tale that is told is that "the Wall will stand as long as the Nights Watch remain true"

Maybe the Nights Watch will destroy the magic holding the Wall together losing sight of the true threat and murdering Jon over some wildlings?

Gonna be an interesting final 2-3 seasons.....

Brozay

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
:mindblown:

I now see why I didn't bother coming in here too much during this season.

First time I check after the Finale, and nikkas talking about he going to be resurrected :dahell:

:mjcry:
"...for the watch"

there has been PLENTY of foreshadowing this season indicating Jon Snow will be back

you think they added those Melisandre/Jon Snow interactions into the season for no reason whatsoever?

I mean they laid it on THICK in the past episode with the Sam/Ollie scene when Sam said "Jon Snow always comes back"

Im not even considering that Snow is gone