Official Game of Thrones Season 5 Thread (No books/leaks spoilers; spoiler tags not allowed)

dennis roadman

nuclear war in my bag
Daps
Reppin
solsbury hill
I think had Robert killed them himself, Ned would have cut him off. His beef with Robert was letting the lannisters slide on it. I wouldn't forgive my friend for killing kids, but I could forgive my friend for looking past it. That's why when Ned realized Robert was still trying to kill Dany he quit as his hand and decided to leave back to winterfell
And what did was the right thing, too. But he still looked past Robert overseeing a celebratory funeral for little kids, the deaths of whom Tywin ordered specifically because he knew it would win Robert over forever. And Ned didn't protest, he just took off home.

And again, this was the smartest thing to do, but it's still fukked up

Starkset who reads KNOWS my allegiance so you know Ned is most revered in my end, but I won't gloss over grimy shyt he got into

beanz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DR
And Ned didn't protest, he just took off home.

Eddard Stark and Robert Baratheon argued over the killing of Rhaegar's family, Eddard believing it unjustified murder, Robert satisfied with the deaths of Rhaegar's children; even Jon Arryn could not calm their anger. Eddard went south and lifted the siege of Storm's End and finally to the Tower of Joy, and they were only reconciled by shared grief over the death of Lyanna Stark.

:usure:

“ There was no honor in that conquest. [1]
- Eddard Stark

detroitwalt

Superstar
Daps
So angry and so dishonored that he went and lifted the siege and kill the rest of the opps :heh:

It's ok to admit Ned did some fukked up shyt, he was the first to do it
What was he supposed to do? Go home mad and let Robert lose the war and Rhaegar keep his sister? Robert lose that war, then Ned losing his head too.

detroitwalt

Superstar
Daps
Besides dying because you don't want to support a king that cheered up at the sight of dead babies

That would be the honorable thing to do, no?

Read that last sentence in Littlefinger's voice for full effect, please
The tenacity with which you support your argument is....honorable. So you just ignore the fact that he still had to rescue his sister?

beanz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DR
Mmmm point taken my lord. Yet I still do not recall fair Lyanna being at Dragonstone :varys:

Ned didn't go to dragonstone that was stannis after Ned rescued him. Ned lifted the siege at storms end which was on his way to the dornish marches where he went to rescue lyanna. He couldnt leave a whole army behind him at storms end while he was on his way to save his sister. He already went to war and couldn't just leave men to die because of his personal issues with the lannisters and Robert. It was his duty to finish the war not for Robert but for his father and brother and sister. Kind of man would Ned be if he got pissed, picked up his sister and took his army home and abandoned stannis and his men to die? Had to do his duty no matter what.

detroitwalt

Superstar
Daps
Mmmm point taken my lord. Yet I still do not recall fair Lyanna being at Dragonstone :varys:
Your memory serves you well. Lyanna was not at Dragonstone, and neither was Ned. He did make a stop by Storm's End since it was on his way to Dorne.

Last edited:

dennis roadman

nuclear war in my bag
Daps
Reppin
solsbury hill
Ned didn't go to dragonstone that was stannis after Ned rescued him. Ned lifted the siege at storms end which was on his way to the dornish marches where he went to rescue lyanna. He couldnt leave a whole army behind him at storms end while he was on his way to save his sister. He already went to war and couldn't just leave men to die because of his personal issues with the lannisters and Robert. It was his duty to finish the war not for Robert but for his father and brother and sister. Kind of man would Ned be if he got pissed, picked up his sister and took his army home and abandoned stannis and his men to die? Had to do his duty no matter what.
Yeah no matter what, even if it meant fighting for a king that smiles at baby corpses

Jaime was right about vows and honor and all that

And I meant Storm's End, typed Dragonstone :yeshrug:

beanz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DR
Yeah no matter what, even if it meant fighting for a king that smiles at baby corpses

Jaime was right about vows and honor and all that

And I meant Storm's End, typed Dragonstone :yeshrug:

U have to do your duty. Stark code. Davos will only go so far for stannis tho. As soon as he finds out about shireen my prediction is he abandons stannis' cause.