Official Game of Thrones Season 5 Thread (No books/leaks spoilers; spoiler tags not allowed)

#StarkSet

Stark till I die
Supporter
Daps
Yeah only oath keeper (Brianne) Widows Wail (Jeffery/Torment) Long claw (Jon), Hearts bane (spoiler) and Lady Forlorn (book character) are valryian blades that are still around.

Maester Luwin, the maester at Winter fell before the War, was one of the only Maesters that had a valariyan steel link in his maester chain...which meant he was adept at the arcane arts (which prolly included how to mine, smelt and forge the steel which is considered magic by most)

But this episide...my god...this is up there BY FAR with Blackwater, Battle at the Wall, The Mountain & The Viper as absolutely AMAZING GOD LEVEL episodes...not one weak story link this week. :wow:
Who reforged Ned's sword then?

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
EId54WU.png

this could be a dope screensaver

Done:smugbiden:

#WesterosUnity

:mjlol:

:lupe:

Who reforged Ned's sword then?
Valyrian steel still can still be REFORGED by a small handful of blacksmiths. One of them being the guy in King's Landing that Gendry was an apprentice for. He is the one who Tywin hired to melt down Ice and create the 2 swords for Jaime and Joffrey (now held by Tommen and Brienne).

But Valyrian steel can no longer be created. The magical secrets died with the Valyrian empire.

EDIT: I might be mistaken on who Tywin hired. The point still remains though