Official Game of Thrones Season 5 Thread (No books/leaks spoilers; spoiler tags not allowed)

Daps
All this "would Ned support Stannis doing ________" talk is irrelevant conjecture

Ned supported Renly falling in line with the Stannis, the rightful king of the Andals, leader of the first men, Lord of the Seven Kingdoms, and protector of the realm. If Renly joins forces with his brother, they make short work of the Lannisters (who were clearly faking the funk with how rich they were :mjlol:) and he doesn't need to turn to the Red Woman. Stannis was desperate, and desperate men do desperate things.:manny:

But he's still the rightful heir. :ufdup:

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
You might wanna have Stannis' head first, breh, since he kinda prayed and prayed for Robb's downfall:sas1:

:youngsabo::youngsabo::youngsabo::youngsabo::youngsabo::youngsabo::youngsabo::youngsabo::youngsabo:

:steviej::steviej::steviej::steviej::steviej::steviej::steviej::steviej::steviej:

I'm well aware of that fake ass ceremony

Stannis intended to curse Robb, no doubt. But it was all just parlor tricks.

Thats what Melisandre does. She already saw the deaths in her fires, so she used smoke and mirrors to trick Stannis into believing more deeply in the red god.

She already admitted to doing this last season, and I already explained with undeniable logic why the leeches were fake. It takes more than just a bit of king's blood to be that powerful. If all it took was a leech, then Melisandre could simply put leeches on Stannis and use his power to kill all his remaining foes. But she can't do that because it was fake.

The power of king's blood requires much greater sacrifice. Creating the shadow demon alone took away almost all of Stannis' power and he couldn't make another one. Only life can pay for death (errr..or something like that)

This shyt is undeniable. The leeches were fake. It's canon.

Doctor Doom

Rest in peace, Akira Toriyama
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Latveria
It's all good, #Starkset never liked Robb like that, so it's cool that Stannis wished for his death, breh:obama:

tumblr_nlbw9o9ki01uoewvdo2_400.gif

Tread carefully, breh. :thrones:

obarth

R.I.P Char
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Pawgs with dragons
I'm well aware of that fake ass ceremony

Stannis intended to curse Robb, no doubt. But it was all just parlor tricks.

Thats what Melisandre does. She already saw the deaths in her fires, so she used smoke and mirrors to trick Stannis into believing more deeply in the red god.

She already admitted to doing this last season, and I already explained with undeniable logic why the leeches were fake. It takes more than just a bit of king's blood to be that powerful. If all it took was a leech, then Melisandre could simply put leeches on Stannis and use his power to kill all his remaining foes. But she can't do that because it was fake.

The power of king's blood requires much greater sacrifice. Creating the shadow demon alone took away almost all of Stannis' power and he couldn't make another one. Only life can pay for death (errr..or something like that)

This shyt is undeniable. The leeches were fake. It's canon.
I know the leeches didn't do anything, my point was intent and that Stannis did try to curse Robb. Reread your post and you'll see that the way you worded it doesn't make it obvious whether you're stating he never tried to curse Robb or that Robb was never cursed. I went with the former interpretation. All that aside, this all goes back to the point that #Starkset having any sort off alliance with #StannisSet makes no sense. Ned and Robb(initially) were merely pointing out that if the Lannister children were born of incest then Stannis would be the rightful heir. That's it. They were making an observation that any other house in Westeros would make based on rules of succession. Somehow it's turned into Stark fans lowkey rooting for Stannis as if there was some actual connection between the two. Stannis never did anything to make one believe he gave nary a fukk about the Starks, or anyone else for that matter. He intended on killing the King in the North. He has no intentions of letting the North be independent if he gets the Throne. So I really don't get why there's this rooting interest, however subtle, for him to win.

NobodyReally

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cornfields, cows, & an one stoplight town
I know the leeches didn't do anything, my point was intent and that Stannis did try to curse Robb. Reread your post and you'll see that the way you worded it doesn't make it obvious whether you're stating he never tried to curse Robb or that Robb was never cursed. I went with the former interpretation. All that aside, this all goes back to the point that #Starkset having any sort off alliance with #StannisSet makes no sense. Ned and Robb(initially) were merely pointing out that if the Lannister children were born of incest then Stannis would be the rightful heir. That's it. They were making an observation that any other house in Westeros would make based on rules of succession. Somehow it's turned into Stark fans lowkey rooting for Stannis as if there was some actual connection between the two. Stannis never did anything to make one believe he gave nary a fukk about the Starks, or anyone else for that matter. He intended on killing the King in the North. He has no intentions of letting the North be independent if he gets the Throne. So I really don't get why there's this rooting interest, however subtle, for him to win.

:banderas::lawd:

fukk Stannis with his demonic simping Cain slaying Abel thirsty no army having ass:pacspit:

Daps

Ned did more than just make an observation, he straight up supported Stannis' claim. He rebuffed Renly's attempt to skip his brother, and made sure word got to Stannis that Joffery and them were Jamie's b*stards.

obarth

R.I.P Char
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Pawgs with dragons
Ned did more than just make an observation, he straight up supported Stannis' claim. He rebuffed Renly's attempt to skip his brother, and made sure word got to Stannis that Joffery and them were Jamie's b*stards.
Breh, Ned's all about honor. If Cersei's kids are illegitimate then Stannis is the apparent next in line. If Renly was older than Stannis he would have supported Renly. He was doing the honorable thing and supporting the person who it appeared was rightfully next in line. This wasn't some grand gesture of support where Ned was making a long pondered on choice between several worthy choices. He picked the person the law would state would be next. If all of Robert's kids (legitimate or otherwise) died, Stannis died, and Shireen died (I don't have the time to look up cousins and shyt) and there was no heir, then Ned picking to support a particular claim for succession would be saying something because he'd be choosing that person based on their merit and measure as a (wo)man. This wasn't the case. Ned was merely honoring the laws of the land.
That never happened. :mjcry:

#StarkSetWolfGang would never turn on the Young Wolf :pacspit:

You sure?
2n6sx1y.jpg

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
Breh, Ned's all about honor. If Cersei's kids are illegitimate then Stannis is the apparent next in line. If Renly was older than Stannis he would have supported Renly. He was doing the honorable thing and supporting the person who it appeared was rightfully next in line. This wasn't some grand gesture of support where Ned was making a long pondered on choice between several worthy choices. He picked the person the law would state would be next. If all of Robert's kids (legitimate or otherwise) died, Stannis died, and Shireen died (I don't have the time to look up cousins and shyt) and there was no heir, then Ned picking to support a particular claim for succession would be saying something because he'd be choosing that person based on their merit and measure as a (wo)man. This wasn't the case. Ned was merely honoring the laws of the land.

Thats exactly what we are saying:dwillhuh:

obarth

R.I.P Char
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Pawgs with dragons
Thats exactly what we are saying:dwillhuh:
:beli:
You dudes that say Ned would want Stannis to be king remind me of rappers that say they made peace with Tupac just before he died :heh:

Yeah, yeah we talked it out, made some plans to hit the studio :pachaha:
That quote started this little back and forth. You guys know exactly what dude meant by the statement but decided to go with the extreme literal interpretation. Ned "wanted" Stannis to be king because he was the next in line He would have wanted anyone who was the next in line to be king regardless, because Ned's all about honor and following the laws of the land is the honorable thing to do. @Food Mane was clearly talking about(I don't like talking for other nikkas so he can clarify if he wants) who Ned would choose based on merits and worthiness if line of succession wasn't an issue. The same way we argue about who would be the best person to sit on the Iron Throne, the discussion was about whether Ned thought Stannis would be a good choice. Which goes back to my point about this weird connection I've seen some Stark stans try to create between Stannis and the Starks when there is no connection or any love shown in the books or show between the two factions.