Official Game of Thrones Season 5 Thread (No books/leaks spoilers; spoiler tags not allowed)

Food Mane

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm starting to rethink my opinion on Theon. He killed the miller's boys (which was wrong) but he was put in a fukked situation to begin with. Look at it from the Greyjoys perspective. They wanted to rule their own kingdom and rebelled because of it. The Baratheons and the Starks beat them down, killed the two oldest sons of Balon and took the third son Theon as hostage. Why should Theon owe the Starks loyalty? :skip: Remember regardless of how much the kids got along with him, he was a fukking hostage. He couldn't leave. And Ned purposely didn't talk to him like that or make him think they were close because he knew he might have to slice off his head one day if Theon's father started acting crazy again :ufdup: It's hypocritical to act like that's okay but, get mad at the Lannisters, Freys and Boltons for doing the Starks dirty. What's the difference? Greyjoys rebelled and wanted independence. Robb and the Starks rebelled and wanted independence. The Starks killed the Greyjoys because they were loyal to King Robert. The Freys and Boltons killed the Starks because they wanted to curry favor with the current Lannister King. Theon's brothers got murdered by Starks. Robb got murdered by Freys, Boltons and Lannisters. It's the same shyt except one is made to look tragic while the other one is dismissed....like whatever :manny: When Arya grows up, you really think she's gonna be cool with people who murdered her family? As violent as she is now, do you think Lannister, Frey or Bolton kids/women would ever be safe around her? Okay. How is that different than what Theon did? Sansa is living with the Boltons, people that murdered her brother and mother. Forced to be a prisoner in Winterfell with Ramsey. How is that different than the Starks murdering Theon's brothers and taking him away from his family and making him a hostage :ld: What because Theon was treated a little nicer does that make them killing his brothers okay :ld: Especially when 10 years later The Starks rebel after just telling the Greyjoys they couldn't :what: Tyrion treated Sansa nicer when they was married, didn't touch her, was a gentleman, does that make it okay that the Lannisters killed Robb......so why is it okay for the Starks and Theon?

Fantastic post. The only reason people think the Starks are "good guys" and cheer for them is because of the tropes of the genre. When you start analyzing their actions you realize they are just like everyone else.

dennis roadman

nuclear war in my bag
Daps
Reppin
solsbury hill
nah ned stark is a good dude. his political skill by the time he died was either depleted or never existed, but breh was not grimy like roose and tywin

the starks in general though, are just like everyone else. brandon was a hothead and arrogant and rickard was treasonous and cunning, although not nearly as good as littlefinger. that juxtaposition will get clearer and more and more interesting as the show goes on (i hope :beli: )

and that's ned's generation and one generation back. they were on some shyt like everyone else in westeros. it's not a friendly place and they're a major house, and former kings of the biggest pre-conquest kingdom. they got busy for sure

dont ever talk shyt about Queen Lyanna tho :ufdup:

KingMalik

All Star
Daps
Tommen is such a hoe by the way. It's a shame Tywin wasted his time on Joffrey because Tommen needed him around more to knock the bytchassness outta him, if it's at all possible. You like fukking Margaery? Well, a good way to never do that again is by letting nikkas handcuff her and take her to prison when you're the fukking King.

Frankly I don't even understand how this shyt works. The Faith had to be legitimized again by Cersei, so how can they be over the Throne, when they got their power from it. Nikkas aint Godly. They just using religion to manipulate and control people. Homie would've woke up with an axe through his skull :camby:

KingMalik

All Star
Daps
nah ned stark is a good dude. his political skill by the time he died was either depleted or never existed, but breh was not grimy like roose and tywin

the starks in general though, are just like everyone else. brandon was a hothead and arrogant and rickard was treasonous and cunning, although not nearly as good as littlefinger. that juxtaposition will get clearer and more and more interesting as the show goes on (i hope :beli: )

and that's ned's generation and one generation back. they were on some shyt like everyone else in westeros. it's not a friendly place and they're a major house, and former kings of the biggest pre-conquest kingdom. they got busy for sure

dont ever talk shyt about Queen Lyanna tho :ufdup:

I'm TeamStark but, I thought about that too. They didn't become Lords/Kings by being nice and moral :russ: I'm sure the Old Kings of Winter got busy as a muthafukka. Especially if they were thorough enough to have the Boltons bow down to them multiple times. I think Ned was the first Stark Lord to be so moral and noble after fostering with Jon Arryn.

Queen Lyanna goes without saying. She was an Angel :ufdup:

Lyanna-Stark-game-of-thrones-33304193-500-600.png

dennis roadman

nuclear war in my bag
Daps
Reppin
solsbury hill
I'm TeamStark but, I thought about that too. They didn't become Lords/Kings by being nice and moral :russ: I'm sure the Old Kings of Winter got busy as a muthafukka. Especially if they were thorough enough to have the Boltons bow down to them multiple times. I think Ned was the first Stark Lord to be so moral and noble after fostering with Jon Arryn.

Queen Lyanna goes without saying. She was an Angel :ufdup:

Lyanna-Stark-game-of-thrones-33304193-500-600.png
i think we're looking at it slightly askew. they are moral and noble for sure (except for Rickard creeping on Aerys' kingdom, but he's one of many), but they go by the code of the land they were from.

their tradition of judge being executioner is highly moral, except in the sense that he giving the sentence didn't allow any type of fair trial or punishment other than death, but i wont transplant 20th century real world western ideals onto them.

the loyalty of the north to the starks says a lot. ned was loved by even the clans that didn't partake in the bureaucracy of westeros, but that respect and loyalty didn't start with him.

DTR90

Rookie
Daps
Them inevitable Stark W's Sunday are gonna be so satisfying:blessed:

Or at least them inevitable Bolton L's.

It's funny because no matter what happens next, those guys are fukked. They don't even know it.:russ: If Stannis da gawd doesn't stomp them, which he will, then Littlefinger will stomp them. And that's if Sansa or Theon don't put in work before either reach Winterfell. Cersei is pissed off at them. Everyone wants them dead.

Either way, they're finished. Done. No more hiding behind Tywin because he picked the wrong time to take a shyt, and no more ruling over Winterfell.

I can't think of a more vile fictional pairing than Roose and Ramsay, and I cannot wait to see them get their comeuppance. The only thing I'll be disappointed with is if that horrible creepy little b*stard's death is quick and painless. Flay him, burn him, as long as he suffers I don't care.

The Starks send their regards.:salute:You c*nts.

KingMalik

All Star
Daps
Or at least them inevitable Bolton L's.

It's funny because no matter what happens next, those guys are fukked. They don't even know it.:russ: If Stannis da gawd doesn't stomp them, which he will, then Littlefinger will stomp them. And that's if Sansa or Theon don't put in work before either reach Winterfell. Cersei is pissed off at them. Everyone wants them dead.

Either way, they're finished. Done. No more hiding behind Tywin because he picked the wrong time to take a shyt, and no more ruling over Winterfell.

I can't think of a more vile fictional pairing than Roose and Ramsay, and I cannot wait to see them get their comeuppance. The only thing I'll be disappointed with is if that horrible creepy little b*stard's death is quick and painless. Flay him, burn him, as long as he suffers I don't care.

The Starks send their regards.:salute:You c*nts.

The Boltons are definitely dead men walking. But don't expect Ramsay to ever cry, beg or plead. He's the kind of sick fukk that will smile and laugh all the way until his head is chopped off. He's like the Joker of GOT. The only person on the show that has ever humbled Ramsay was his dad, because he seeks acceptance from Roose. He's a deranged sick fukk to everyone else and I doubt he'll ever break character, even when he dies :russ:

KingMalik

All Star
Daps
i think we're looking at it slightly askew. they are moral and noble for sure (except for Rickard creeping on Aerys' kingdom, but he's one of many), but they go by the code of the land they were from.

their tradition of judge being executioner is highly moral, except in the sense that he giving the sentence didn't allow any type of fair trial or punishment other than death, but i wont transplant 20th century real world western ideals onto them.

the loyalty of the north to the starks says a lot. ned was loved by even the clans that didn't partake in the bureaucracy of westeros, but that respect and loyalty didn't start with him.

I only questioned the Starks because people act like Theon is some unforgivable person. Eventhough I ride for the Starks, I can't be a hypocrite. From his perspective, he was perfectly justified. The Starks would never forgive certain families for killing their relatives, taking them prisoner and splitting their family up. So why should Theon? All the things the Lannisters/Boltons/Freys did to the Starks, the Starks did to the Greyjoys. That's probably one of the reasons Balon Greyjoy spit in Robb's face when he asked him to join him. It would've been a smart logical decision to align with the North but, all Balon probably remembered was Ned and King Robert killing his two sons and taking his third son away. And now Ned's son got a nerve to ask for help :camby:

dennis roadman

nuclear war in my bag
Daps
Reppin
solsbury hill
I only questioned the Starks because people act like Theon is some unforgivable person. Eventhough I ride for the Starks, I can't be a hypocrite. From his perspective, he was perfectly justified. The Starks would never forgive certain families for killing their relatives, taking them prisoner and splitting their family up. So why should Theon? All the things the Lannisters/Boltons/Freys did to the Starks, the Starks did to the Greyjoys. That's probably one of the reasons Balon Greyjoy spit in Robb's face when he asked him to join him. It would've been a smart logical decision to align with the North but, all Balon probably remembered was Ned and King Robert killing his two sons and taking his third son away. And now Ned's son got a nerve to ask for help :camby:
:ld: still not buying it.

Ned tried to usurp Joffrey on legal grounds - Robert declared Ned king regent. he wasnt even gonna expose joffrey for the little demonic incest cac that he was. Balon gotta take that L from a rebellion HE started and LOST. wards get taken in unsuccessful rebellions, he's a fukking kraken, his people take others as thralls and salt wives just to do it, but he was bitter that he got stomped out and had to give up his 3rd son? a 3rd son is not really worth shyt in Westeros anyway, and HE sent his two older boys into battle and wants to cry when they get killed? not being able to swallow his own pride and align with the Robb, who was like 8 when Balon got crushed by the iron throne, is what gets clowns like him slipping off suspension bridges.

we gonna act like theon wasn't all up in the video when robb was crowned King, then got sonned by his sister and father and immediately decided to kill two little kids he grew up with? he wasn't out for vengeance, he was just trying to hit a lick.

Arianne Martell

"Unbowed, Unbent, Unbroken"
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
House Martell #SnakeGang #Targset
no she was a sixteen year old girl that didn't want to marry a philandering dimwit. no blame there. plus Rhaegar chose her :ufdup:

if she would've kept her legs closed...she would still be alive and the rebellion would've never happen...she :ufdup:

:bryan:@horse. kills negging me

I'm lying tho? oh and she still a lil hoe :umad: