Official Game of Thrones Season 5 Thread (No books/leaks spoilers; spoiler tags not allowed)

Daps
Because you're assuming the son of Ramsey/Sansa will be mind fukked into loving his Bolton side and disowning his Stark ancestry.

As I said in my original post, as evil as Joffrey was, he fully embraced his Baratheon name. And this is despite his love for his mother or his respect for his father.

I'm not assuming this at all. You cite Joffery, and yes he embraced himself as a baratheon....yet the Lannisters ran Kings Landing.

Sansa's child could love it's Stark side, this wouldn't bother Roose at all. I don't know why you keep setting it up that he'd have to choose. The sole purpose of the child would be to present someone with the greatest claim to Winterfell given that all other Starks are dead. Similar to how they used Robert's trace Targ blood to justify his place on the iron throne.

Obviously they'd still have to physically defend their place as wardens of the north, but have the only living Stark in their camp would greatly help their claim.

Regardless, I don't care to defend whether the plan will work, I'm just saying it's not bad writing...it's the same plan that Tywin was doing and nobody complained that that plan made no sense when it happened

Jax

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#Targset,#Heatgang,#Byrdgang
Tywin was huffing air paint. I love Tyrion as much as any ASOIAF/GOT fan but, no way the North was following a dwarf. Whose incest bred nephew beheaded their lord. No way the North follows a Lord named Lannister :scust: which is what any kids between Sansa and Tyrion would've been. Tywin's plan might've worked in the Riverlands where they change lords every 200 years or in the Reach where their lords were appointed, never selected by the people but, the North don't play that. There's 8,000 years worth of Stark history. Those Southron games don't work up here.
Targset to Rule em All :win:
Name, face, body and love of the people :blessed:

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
the Boltons are from the North and were that Starks' bannermen. they were sent to Winterfell to take it back from treacherous ass Theon

the North's current opinion on them depends on how much is known about what really went down at the 'Red Wedding'

Jax

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
:mjcry::wow::to::damn::mjcry:

DIDN'T EVEN KNOW THE NEW SEASON STARTED WTF! I feel violated right now. Like how the fukk I miss damn near half a season :mindblown: the disgusting feeling I feel right now is :ufdup: to myself.
ibccsaDWjCVWOk.png

Jax

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the Boltons are from the North and were that Starks' bannermen. they were sent to Winterfell to take it back from treacherous ass Theon

the North's current opinion on them depends on how much is known about what really went down at the 'Red Wedding'
And Walder Frey would get thrown in the bushes like that without doing shyt? :usure:
Bolton's are fukked and are gonna end up flayed :troll:

Jax

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin

And Walder Frey would get thrown in the bushes like that without doing shyt? :usure:
Bolton's are fukked and are gonna end flayed :troll:

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
Bolton's are fukked and are gonna end up flayed :troll:
I'm saying the 'common folk' in the North might not know about Roose's involvement in The Red Wedding. they might just blame the Freys

and they also might be under the impression that the Boltons 'saved' Winterfell from Theon and the Ironborn

tru_m.a.c

IC veteran
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Gaithersburg, MD via Queens/LI
I'm not assuming this at all. You cite Joffery, and yes he embraced himself as a baratheon....yet the Lannisters ran Kings Landing.

Sansa's child could love it's Stark side, this wouldn't bother Roose at all. I don't know why you keep setting it up that he'd have to choose.

:heh: how can you say these sentences back to back and misunderstand what I'm saying? Joffrey considered himself a Baratheon despite the legacy of his Lannister name. Why wouldn't the son of Ramsey & Sansa feel the same way? The moment you realize this plan on only works if their son plays dumb along with Sansa, or is completely brainwashed, is the moment you'll realize the Boltons are laying on their death bed.

Obviously they'd still have to physically defend their place as wardens of the north, but have the only living Stark in their camp would greatly help their claim.

So then you agree they've already lost. This episode, they just explained they CANNOT defend themselves. So what's going to happen when all the north clans come looking for Sansa?

Regardless, I don't care to defend whether the plan will work, I'm just saying it's not bad writing...it's the same plan that Tywin was doing and nobody complained that that plan made no sense when it happened

I never said it was bad writing. I said it was a terrible plan by the Boltons because they'll never be safe.

The difference between Tywin and Roose is that Tywin lives in the South, Roose doesn't. Tywin just wanted the north to calm down. Roose needs the north to bend the knee. Roose's life depends on this marriage to work. He couldn't betray Rob without the backing of the Lannisters. Why would he be able to survive without them?

All I'm saying, post after post, is that Roose realizes his time is running out. But at the same time, he's tricked himself into thinking this wedding will have a fairytale ending.

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
and the sick part is... ramsay would probly prefer if she didn't want to bust it open. :mjcry:

for the love of old gods and the new, save ur sister snowman! :damn:

i think the most interesting part tho is... littlefinger clearly has no fukking clue what kind of danger he put sansa in. he loved her mother. and has a thing for her too. no way he puts sansa in that position, just off the love for cat alone. but ramsay is legitimately one of the few players in the entire series that littlefinger knows nothing about.

this is NOT going to end well brehs. :to:
the flayed man is on their damn house flag... they are actively hanging skinned men when they pull up.. there HAS to be stories of what they did to the starks.. and the greyjoy's at moat caitlin..

he knows what the bolton's are... he probably doesn't fully know what ramsey is like... but he knows it ain't candyland up in that bytch... and he left her there anyways.. hopefully with a few knights of her own.. but still... what's that gonna do.. that's gonna be her husband

Last edited:

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
Yea...that shyt makes no sense. In the books there is no Stark child to rally behind. Arya in Bravos, Robb dead, Sansa stays in the Vale, Rickon and Bran are "missing". If the Northern lords even thought for a second that one of the Stark children were alive, they'd all join together and kill the Boltons. So this Sansa marrying Ramsay shyt got me :what: The Lannisters are weak, they can't back Roose no more. There's no reason to be scared. Why would the North allow this marriage when they could just kill the Boltons and marry Sansa to somebody else?
how you gonna kill THEM, when they have HER? to them, she's the last stark alive and the only chance of the name going on... well actually she'd have a b*stard or be married... so the stark name (to the world) is dead.. but she's the last one

they can't just run up in there and kill them when they got her basically as a hostage