Official Game of Thrones Season 5 Thread (No books/leaks spoilers; spoiler tags not allowed)

Troublesome

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Damn bruh you are seriously lost

I mean, most people that rush through have a tough time following all the characters and locations but some of these questions are :huhldup:

:dead: you are lost as fukk bruh

im sure adam answered all your questions, if you got more feel free to post. we like to flex our trivial knowledge in here :francis:

:russ: I expected to get these responses. I don't know how I got this deep into the series without knowing this information. @Adam3000 if I could rep you more, i would. I appreciate the info. The 7 kingdoms they kept talking about was throwing me off. I thought Stannis, Drogo, Joffrey, The king of the North Stark, and Tywin Lannister all had their own kingdom. I was trying to figure out who had the other two.:snoop:

1 last question: Why do they call Jamie Lannister the King Slayer? What King did he kill? I'm guessing it was a Stark?:ld:

jericho

The North Remembers
Daps
Reppin
What's this from? For the record, I'd smash her in that pic. Not because she's attractive or anything, but at 6'3, I don't find many chicks taller than me. I'd have to do it just because I could.

Not sure breh, think someone posted it a few years back and I make sure to spread the message each season :youngsabo:

dennis roadman

nuclear war in my bag
Daps
Reppin
solsbury hill
:russ: I expected to get these responses. I don't know how I got this deep into the series without knowing this information. @Adam3000 if I could rep you more, i would. I appreciate the info. The 7 kingdoms they kept talking about was throwing me off. I thought Stannis, Drogo, Joffrey, The king of the North Stark, and Tywin Lannister all had their own kingdom. I was trying to figure out who had the other two.:snoop:

1 last question: Why do they call Jamie Lannister the King Slayer? What King did he kill? I'm guessing it was a Stark?:ld:
:heh:

he killed khaleesi's dad, whom he was sworn to protect

story is deeper than that tho

read the books :myman:

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
Complex story? The books are notorious for sudden and pointless deaths. I don't look much into it because it is entertainment value but lots not get it twisted in thinking these books are some holy writ. Most of the characters plot arcs end in death and play the audience for the shock value. Any time a character is about to get enough influence to make things better, or more stable, he will die. Any character who poses a threat to the continuing chaos which drives the plot will first be built up, and then killed off. Its lazy writing.

STFU you are spewing random idiotic nonsense, there have been virtually ZERO shock deaths in either the show or the books so far. They all play a key role in character or plot development. SMH at you acting like this is the Walking Dead. Don't make someone waste their time writing up a literary analysis for you:stannisgtfo:

No, he obviously has not. And if he has, he is a clown who doesn't understand narrative purpose.

I'm sure the shock deaths will start piling up on the show in order to condense the plot and in the books in order to close up open threads, but up to this point it hasn't happened

If a character died, they were envisioned to die from the start. Period. Their story served another purpose.
:mjlol:

Daps

:russ:

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps

Think of the kingdoms as the land and not the "kings" they were seperate kingdoms but now they aren't...they are basically states under the rule of a president (king)

You have The North (Stark/Bolton), The Vale (Arryn), The Riverlands (Tully/Baelish?), The Westerlands (Lannister), The Crownlands (Baratheon), The Reach (Tyrell), Dorne (Martell)

Out of all of em really only Dorne really operates like a Kingdom. They were allowed to keep most of their customs and traditions (like calling their rulers Prince/Princess, and have equal primogeniture) Dorne also was the ONLY kingdom NOT to bend the knee to Aegon the Conqueror when he and his dragons took over the rest of Westeros.

Dorne is gully im so happy to see them this season.

karim

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
favorite out of the five was ASoS. I found it telling about his thinking of character deaths when he said:

"I killed Ned because everybody thinks he’s the hero and that, sure, he’s going to get into trouble, but then he’ll somehow get out of it. The next predictable thing someone is going to rise up and avenge his death. And everybody is going to expect that. So immediately killing Robb became the next thing I had to do."

That is not endorsing the internal or external motivations, growth, and development of a character. If we want to believe that is the foundation of a well thought out and structured plot, hey, cheers to you; no need to get into literary discussions. Believe what you want and make your own decisions.

oh, and negs returned :jawalrus:
characters deaths aren't pointless. remember when cersai told ned stark "when you play the game of thrones, you win, or you die"? that dialogue right there is the key to the logic of the show:

it's a game of thrones in a merciless world, as such, characters who make mistakes and disregard certain rules loose and die. all those important characters that got killed made mistakes that led to their deaths. basically all of them chose pride, honor or vanity over what needed to be done. ned stark shouldn't have given cersai the chance to leave kingslanding. robb stark shouldn't have chosen love over a strategic marriage, geoffrey should have payed more attention to what tywin and tyrion tried to teach him about power, tywin shouldn't have preferred the son who looked the part over the one who was the real heir fit to continue his legacy. all of their deaths make complete sense if you follow the logic of the story.

Troublesome

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Just started season 3 and I actually know what's going on now :blessed: But i'm done with this thread until I catch up. No spoilers:whoa:

dennis roadman

nuclear war in my bag
Daps
Reppin
solsbury hill
Also if the crownlands don't count then remeber the Iron Islands and the Greyjoys
i never considered the crownlands to be one of the 7 kingdoms, but what was that area considered before Aegon I built KL? part of the Riverlands?

it doesn't seem to have its own cultural identity, and even its name is derived from the founding of KL. compare that to the Iron Islands their Old Way and its really nonexistent

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
i never considered the crownlands to be one of the 7 kingdoms, but what was that area considered before Aegon I built KL? part of the Riverlands?

it doesn't seem to have its own cultural identity, and even its name is derived from the founding of KL. compare that to the Iron Islands their Old Way and its really nonexistent
yeah you are right...i just totally forgot about the iron islands because the greyjoys suck

King Crimson

Member of a very exclusive gang
Daps
Reppin
Bk/NY
characters deaths aren't pointless. remember when cersai told ned stark "when you play the game of thrones, you win, or you die"? that dialogue right there is the key to the logic of the show:

it's a game of thrones in a merciless world, as such, characters who make mistakes and disregard certain rules loose and die. all those important characters that got killed made mistakes that led to their deaths. basically all of them chose pride, honor or vanity over what needed to be done. ned stark shouldn't have given cersai the chance to leave kingslanding. robb stark shouldn't have chosen love over a strategic marriage, geoffrey should have payed more attention to what tywin and tyrion tried to teach him about power, tywin shouldn't have preferred the son who looked the part over the one who was the real heir fit to continue his legacy. all of their deaths make complete sense if you follow the logic of the story.

Dap and rep.

Daps

yeah you are right...i just totally forgot about the iron islands because the greyjoys suck

The Game of Thrones wikia lists the 7 kingdoms as (define at the time of Aegon's conquest):

So in present day, Tullys rule the Riverlands (since Aegon put the beats on Harren Hoare :whew:), the Tyrell's rule the Reach (again thanks to Aegon) and Baratheons rule the Stormlands though I'm not sure....who occupies Storm's End now?