Official Game of Thrones Season 4 Thread *The North Remembers*(NO SPOILERS!!)

Arianne Martell

"Unbowed, Unbent, Unbroken"
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
House Martell #SnakeGang #Targset
Never visited that site before so I had no idea what to expect. Just mad salt and sodium littered through the entire post. :laugh:

Makes total sense now. It does come across as people who are bitter they ain't get chosen. :laugh:

a_560x375.jpg

:mjpls:

a_560x375.jpg

:mjpls:

Microfracture

Real G's move in silence
Daps
Reppin
Knees
I read this site's review of the episode and man... As much as we take stabs at each other in this thread, no one here is that level of nitpicking. shyt was annoying to read. fukk he even bothers watching if he has such seemingly low expectations for the show? Between that site and the TV board of the site that shall not be named, I won't go anywhere else for my GoT fix. That being said, are book readers satisfied with the fight? Other places and people are saying that it should have been a bit longer and more intense. I liked it the way it was, but that's just me.

I thought it was great. This is one of the moments of the book I was waiting for a visual representation of.
The thing I can nitpick at and what I don't think the show does a good job of is how emotional Cersei is in the book. She wanted Tyrion gone so bad during that fight that when the Viper drives the spear into the Mountain she starts shreiking. She is absolutely livid when it looks like Tyrion is cleared. Instead in the show she just kinda mean mugs. Oh, Tyrion throws up when Oberyn gets his head smashed too.

Malik

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DMV | Philly
Oh god no, I'm all for racial harmony and all that shyt, but one Token black family would feel like they were trying to do that whole "oh were not racist look we have everyone thing", and Westeros wouldnt make sense if its the native land for all those white people AND black people, I like the Summer Isles being its own land, its more accurate to life, I mean obviously its a fantasy series but still some kind of accuracy is cool.

You're also forgetting Salladhor Saan who the show made black, and later on there will be some awesome black characters if they decide not cut certain people out
  • Westeros is inspired by Medieval England.
  • Medieval England refers to a time period known as the Middle Ages.
  • The Middle Ages occurred from 500 A.D. to 1500 A.D.
  • The entire series of A Game of Thrones is based on an English civil war known as the War of the Roses.

Last edited by a moderator:
Daps
Reppin
NULL
GRRM is a sick individual. I only read about 1/2 of the first book and Daenery is THIRTEEN and having sex with Drogo and he goes into graphic detail. All the characters are much much younger in the book. Jon Snow is 13 or 14, Theon is 17 and so and so on. On the show Ned Stark was in his late 40's or early 50's, but in the book he was only 35. That should give you an idea of how much younger everyone is.

What kind of dude goes into graphic details about kids having sex? That bothered me.

if I remember correctly, Drogo would creampie her on the regular in front of everyone like it was nothing :russ:

Type Username Here

Not a new member
Daps
Reppin
humans
westeros.org is an abortion.

The earlier the reader (prior to the start of the show), the more likely they are a certified c*nt. Not always the case, but usually. They like they are entitled as hell.

Oberyn came across better on screen. The fight was better on screen than on paper. The "I'm your champion" scene fit better and came across much better. Some things the show changes or leaves out is an improvement in my opinion. Obviously the show cuts out too much lore, but that's to be expected when you're dealing with shoots, budgets (millions of dollars per episode), and time.

Malik

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DMV | Philly
*yawns*

There are individual black characters nikka I said that, and there's an all black pirate crew from the summer isles that will probably be cut out of the upcoming season( they aren't that important)

Not everything has to be all about black people imo, i'm fine with the product how it is. There's also a very important black red priest that will probably be included in the show.

*yawns back*

You already said how you feel...

You said it would be unrealistic to have black people throughout Westeros.

I'm just telling you that you're mistaken because GRRM has been pretty adamant about the fact that his books are inspired by the War of the Roses and Medieval Britain.

Qhorinmate says: I have read that Westeros is "sort of based on medieval Britain". How true is that and what would be the most fascinating thing about this set of islands that has attracted you to its history?

Westeros is probably closer to medieval Britain than anything else. Geographically, it occupies a somewhat similar position off a larger contintent, although Westeros is considerably larger and is, in fact, a continent itself, more like South America. And although I've drawn on many parts of history, the War of the Roses is probably the one my story is closest to.

....and the reality is Africans were in Medieval Europe in large numbers. I'm not being a militant here, b. Your opinion is just baseless.

Peter Parker

Superstar
Daps
*yawns back*

You already said how you feel...

You said it would be unrealistic to have black people throughout Westeros.

I'm just telling you that you're mistaken because GRRM has been pretty adamant about the fact that his books are inspired by the War of the Roses and Medieval Britain.

....and the reality is Africans were in Medieval Europe in large numbers. I'm not being a militant here, b. Your opinion is just baseless.
It would be unrealistic to have black house in Westeros, sorry it just would be. Regardless of what it was inspired by

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
I've seen 4 spoilers or potential spoilers posted in this thread in the last 2 days. Not a single one of them was from a known book reader from the book thread.

So all you dudes going through the book thread putting people on ignore who actually advance the discussion here and try and have as much courtesy as we can,
:ufdup:

It aint the regulars who you have to worry about

:mjlol: nikkas actually do this shyt. How do they do with out spoiling shyt for themselves? It ain't even safe to glance in that thread.

Malik

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DMV | Philly
It would be unrealistic to have black house in Westeros, sorry it just would be. Regardless of what it was inspired by

You skipped right over this huh?

Having a Black noble house in Westeros would have been too much but, having an organization like the Faceless Men (but having them all be Black/African) or having prominent black characters (a sellsword being black, a knight being black) would have been believable and true to the time period.

You're so quick to say no nikkas, you're not comprehending what I'm saying.

f9bp4.jpg

Peter Parker

Superstar
Daps
You skipped right over this huh?

You so quick to say no nikkas, you're not comprehending what I'm saying.
I dont remember ever saying I didnt want any black people in game of thrones at all, my point about it being unrealistic was strictly about a black house in Westeros, I even gave examples of future black characters

Malik

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DMV | Philly
I dont remember ever saying I didnt want any black people in game of thrones at all, my point about it being unrealistic was strictly about a black house in Westeros, I even gave examples of future black characters

You didn't specify. You said it would be unrealistic to have blacks and whites in the same land.

Whatever though. You're entitled to your opinion. Merlin didn't have an issue with it.

MerlinKnights-thumb.jpg