Official Game of Thrones Season 4 Thread *The North Remembers*(NO SPOILERS!!)

theworldismine13

God Emperor of SOHH
Daps
Reppin
Arrakis
is he even in the vicinity though? I don't know the map layout and I know there are obsessed people here who would know the details

but the whitewalkers are actually closer to this battle than the Stanis set aren't they?

yeah i added that to my post, i think the city with the bank (forget the name) is just east of the wall

nah the white walkers are way north of the wall, they could be right behind the wildling army though

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
He fights with a flaming sword

Nah, that is Thoros of Myr that fights with a flaming sword. The red priest who lit the sword for Beric in that fight was Thoros.

Beric is a notable warrior I think, but not a swordsman on The Hounds level as you can see by the Hound killing him even despite his fear of fire. The reason the Hound was surprised I think was because he knew that Beric is aware of the Hound's skill and still volunteered to fight him knowing he probably would die.

Spidey Man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Nah, that is Thoros of Myr that fights with a flaming sword. The red priest who lit the sword for Beric in that fight was Thoros.

Beric is a notable warrior I think, but not a swordsman on The Hounds level as you can see by the Hound killing him even despite his fear of fire. The reason the Hound was surprised I think was because he knew that Beric is aware of the Hound's skill and still volunteered to fight him knowing he probably would die.

Gotcha. I mix those two up all the time

GreatestLaker

#FirePelinka
Bushed
Daps
The dude that played the Mountain is 25. The same age as Russell Westbrook and Kevin Durant. :dwillhuh:

Dude looks like he is in his 40's.
tumblr_muffdxeoXF1qis07wo1_500.jpg

Daps
i havent read all the books (just the first 2 books), so this isnt a spoiler but just an educated guess that stanis will ride in to the rescue

cuz remember he just brought a whole army and i think that city with the bank is just east of the wall

Nah its just east of the Eyrie (where Sansa is)

eASgi.jpg

I fully expect stannis to join the fight as well, but then it appears he'd have to go through Roose Bolton to get there...

I suppose he could sail up the g to the wall, but I don't know how passable the those waters are :patrice:

This map shows the wall, too:
http://www.sermountaingoat.co.uk/map/versions/speculative_map.jpg

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
i havent read all the books (just the first 2 books), so this isnt a spoiler but just an educated guess that stanis will ride in to the rescue

cuz remember he just brought a whole army and i think that city with the bank is just east of the wall

:wtf: No, the Bank is in Braavos. How did you miss that?

Microfracture

Real G's move in silence
Daps
Reppin
Knees
The dude that played the Mountain is 25. The same age as Russell Westbrook and Kevin Durant. :dwillhuh:

Dude looks like he is in his 40's.
tumblr_muffdxeoXF1qis07wo1_500.jpg

Wow. Well I thought Michael Shannon was in his 40s the first time I saw him so I guess its not uncommon.

jackswstd

Retired
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
I have theory about how this Wildlings vs Night's Watch shyt is gonna go down but I'll either be right or really wrong.

theworldismine13

God Emperor of SOHH
Daps
Reppin
Arrakis
Nah its just east of the Eyrie (where Sansa is)

eASgi.jpg

I fully expect stannis to join the fight as well, but then it appears he'd have to go through Roose Bolton to get there...

I suppose he could sail up the g to the wall, but I don't know how passable the those waters are :patrice:

This map shows the wall, too:
http://www.sermountaingoat.co.uk/map/versions/speculative_map.jpg

Yeah thanks, that eastwatch is what I was thinking of, eastwatch is some kind of port it's how the wildlings that were with bran and rickon got past the wall, I think that is where they (rickon and the wildling women) headed to after parting with bran

But anyways remember that when we left stannis, his homie was buying ships from the black pirate homie, so stannis can easily sail up to eastwatch and reach castle black

That would also explain why we haven't seen stannis last episode and what he is doing with his new army

Just a guess though

Daps
Yeah thanks, that eastwatch is what I was thinking of, eastwatch is some kind of port it's how the wildlings that were with bran and rickon got past the wall, I think that is where they (rickon and the wildling women) headed to after parting with bran

But anyways remember that when we left stannis, his homie was buying ships from the black pirate homie, so stannis can easily sail up to eastwatch and reach castle black

That would also explain why we haven't seen stannis last episode and what he is doing with his new army

Just a guess though

Nah, they were headed to the Last Hearth which is where Greatjohn Umber is (someone on here pointed out Greatjohn is the guy who's hand got bitten by Robbs direwolf in season 1).

I agree with your guess, still a little too close to Roose for my comfort, plus it would seem unlikely, to me, that GRRM would use the same tactic as Blackwater.