Official Game of Thrones Season 4 Thread *The North Remembers*(NO SPOILERS!!)

beanz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DR
Actually, I think the best course would have been to leave them Lannisters alone. Ban Jaime from KG, refuse the Cersei marriange, and leave Tywin to his devices. Maybe Jon Arryn thought he had to hook up with them because there wasn't another rich house that had a daughter ready for Robert.

yea it pretty much amounted to money. the tyrells were the only other rich house and margery was probably not even born yet at the time.

#StarkSet

Stark till I die
Supporter
Daps
for those saying Oberyn was cocky and arrogant watch this. He clearly had a agenda and the mountain was just a pawn.

o and the mountain is definitely dead, as the producers revealed he was also poisoned

Anbesa

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
btw what did yall think about that beetle monolouge by Tryion before the fight. It was kinda long and seemed pointless but im sure theres a reason for it. I think it was just a metaphor for meaningless a lot of the deaths are in the show. Tryion tried hard as hell to understand why his cousin was killing those beetles, to realize there really isn't a reason. We can keep asking why Oberyn, Robb, Ned etc had to die, but i guess they just had to.:yeshrug:

Brofato

Fade Doe
Daps
the thing is everytime i want to feel bad for him, i think back to this...

Burned_bodies.jpg

Yup Yup. Every time I even start to feel a little bad for Ramsay turning him into a literal bytch my mind goes back to them and I just go (I hate these smileys but they work so well here)

:sas1:

:sas2:

i'm so ready for episode 9 after this:noah: i'm expecting some heel turns, a random appearance from someone and a bunch of fukkery in the 100,00 vs 102 fight.

i hope arya and sansa finally reunite. the starks are long overdue for a break.

That had me excited more than anything. Arya's been gone since season fukking 1. Everybody thought she was dead. Hopefully they get that reunion and it isn't spoiled by either of their transformations.

After reading this thread...

Is there a way to find the reactions to "Red Wedding" on here :feedme:

I suggest looking up the season 3 posts for @obarth

Jx2

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
btw what did yall think about that beetle monolouge by Tryion before the fight. It was kinda long and seemed pointless but im sure theres a reason for it. I think it was just a metaphor for meaningless a lot of the deaths are in the show. Tryion tried hard as hell to understand why his cousin was killing those beetles, to realize there really isn't a reason. We can keep asking why Oberyn, Robb, Ned etc had to die, but i guess they just had to.:yeshrug:

The anology of God being the retarded cousin smashing beetles in the garden was perfect for what we as viewers were about to witness. The retarded hand of GRRM's God came down and indiscriminately smashed our man Ob.

Brofato

Fade Doe
Daps

I knew that shyt had a deeper meaning when he was telling it but I'll be damned if I could grasp that shyt while he was telling it. Apparently it could be interpreted different ways as I was reading in the review I read after it.

Edit: Seems you hit the nail on the head tho

The Mountain just cracked open Oberyn Martell’s head like a coconut. Or, in more thematically appropriate terms, he smashed it like his hands were rocks and Oberyn’s head was a beetle.

Tyrion’s tale of rocks, bugs, and the unwitting forces that bring them together would be the biggest moment—not that anything else in “The Mountain And The Viper” steals its resonance. If anything, the trial by combat underlines the monologue’s importance: This is Tyrion speaking of his own existence, as an insect that fate knows only to smash. The metaphorical hand bears the name Lannister for obvious reasons, but this is more than a parable about Tyrion and Tywin. It’s about all of these characters, so many of them seemingly introduced for the sole purpose of suffering. The hand goes by many names (Ramsay Bolton, Joffrey, the maesters), its beetles spread across the Seven Kingdoms and beyond. In the end, Tyrion’s only crime may have been that he was more invested in decoding these cruelties and less invested in putting a stop to them. “Certainly I had the wherewithal to unravel the mysteries that lay at the heart of a moron,” he tells Jaime, slyly nodding toward whichever lunkheaded gods make the people of Westeros fear the giant rock.

Game Of Thrones (newbies): “The Mountain And The Viper” TV Club The A.V. Club

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
fukk shock value killings :camby:

There aint been a shock value killing on the show yet. Ned's death started the War of the 5 Kings. Robb's death ended it. If Dany dies, there will certainly be a thematic purpose to it. Although this show likes to avoid sterotypical heroes, they don't just do shyt for the sake of surprise when it comes to major charactes.

Am I the only one that was disappointed with this 'heel' turn. Was this necessary?

She dyes her hair a darker color, wears darker clothing..

He hair is darker to hide the red color and her identity as she prepares to travel the Vale with Robin Arryn. "A memorable shade"--Littlefinger
The dress is one of Lysa Arryn's. The wings are related to the Arryn bird sigil. She is going to be Lady of the Vale. It is not an evil dress just because it is dark, although I joked earlier that she looks like Maleficent so I get why it looks that way. She aint turning heel here, she is just playing the game and she realizes her true power as heir to Winterfell and heir to that Tully p*ssy that Baelish craves.

what the fukk are you rambling about ? Sansa is learning the game, she knows that he wants to rule the iron bank? She is not in control of anything yet. She knows that he wants her now but his end game is not just to bed her? She is going to be his number 2.
:umad: