Official Game of Thrones Season 4 Thread *The North Remembers*(NO SPOILERS!!)

TKOK

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Sactown
That Viper vs Mountain is gonna be :ohlawd:

I been asking people if they're watching the fight this weekend like it's a Mayweather/UFC/WWF PPV event :ohlawd:

My body has been all kinds of ready :blessed:
Been looking forward to this fight ever since i read it in book
Cool man. But I was only speaking to the fact that someone said Robb never put in any work on screen. It wasn't a secret that he was supposed to be giving the Lannisters that work during the off camera battles.
IIRC the only King we see actually taking part in the combat, and not just standing there watching is Stannis. dude was right in the thick of things during Blackwater.

Berto

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I might not leave my place until after Sunday so I know nothing will happen to me. #themountainandtheviper is the episode I was most hyped about ever since I read ASOS. Aahhhhhhh!!!!!!!

Yessir_Araphat

takin money>>gettin money
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
N/S Long Beach
Cool man. But I was only speaking to the fact that someone said Robb never put in any work on screen. It wasn't a secret that he was supposed to be giving the Lannisters that work during the off camera battles.

:yes: also to add to that. been reading book 1 for like 2 years now. did a bit of reading today, and read a part where jofferey was mocking sansa after killing ned. i dont remember this part, but jofferey mentioned that robb sonned jamie in a 1 on 1 fight when they came to winterfell, and that cersei was butthurt about it

Malik

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DMV | Philly
Jorah....Jorah....Jorah....poor guy really is the ultimate simp :outbackcac: I almost wish GRRM gives him a wife so he doesn't have to chase around Dany. It's pathetic b LOL. She's barely 16....you're like 40. Yet your old azz is the one sprung :tyler:

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
We in the United States, she way over in Libya somewhere. She ain't a factor right now. And when she does cross that sea, Bran gonna warg Drogon and roast those other two dragons. You saw how Bran warged Hodor. Which is pretty much impossible for most wargs. Wait til Bran gets older. He gonna get his chance to fly :ufdup:
fukk GRRM for this!!!!!

it really is killing me to not know shyt about what's gonna happen. or if we'll ever get to see it

that's what everyone seems to forget.. this nikka still has 2 more fukking books to drop and we about a season or 2 away from the last retail book coming to hbo

we either

a. will never SEE the ending, and just have to read it

or

b. get some hbo version of the story, and not the complete GRRM writing of it in detail

or

c. they try to wittle down the last book into some trilogy movie, which would equal the 100 hours a year we get of this piff

i say that cause i really wonder if bran would be warging shyt... i mean she coming to kill the lannisters.. why would he want to stop that? and what's oberyn and dorne's big secret to not getting housed by the dragons.. and a million other questions

someone tell that old b*stard to get to work.. he got about 3-4 years TOPS to drop two books so hbo can read them and plan out the rest of the show

raff

Rookie
Daps
fukk GRRM for this!!!!!

it really is killing me to not know shyt about what's gonna happen. or if we'll ever get to see it

that's what everyone seems to forget.. this nikka still has 2 more fukking books to drop and we about a season or 2 away from the last retail book coming to hbo

we either

or

b. get some hbo version of the story, and not the complete GRRM writing of it in detail

or

c. they try to wittle down the last book into some trilogy movie, which would equal the 100 hours a year we get of this piff

i say that cause i really wonder if bran would be warging shyt... i mean she coming to kill the lannisters.. why would he want to stop that? and what's oberyn and dorne's big secret to not getting housed by the dragons.. and a million other questions

someone tell that old b*stard to get to work.. he got about 3-4 years TOPS to drop two books so hbo can read them and plan out the rest of the show

Dany is about taking all of Westeros, she wants retribution on a lot of forces right now. Starks were the usurpers dogs remember.
Only ones that may get a pass from her are the Tyrells cause they were loyal to the end, but for the rest she wouldn't have much problems
letting her pets off the leash.

Malik

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DMV | Philly
fukk GRRM for this!!!!!

we either

or

or

Bran gonna warg them dragons. In the very first book, his very first chapter of the series I think, he talks about how bad he wants to be a knight and after he gets pushed out the tower, he has a dream where he could fly. He immediately wakes up like :beli: because his legs are crushed. He'll never walk or climb again let alone fly......seems like foreshadowing to me. Warging a 7 foot tall man is probably hard as fukk so odds are, with practice, as Bran grows, he'll be doing all kinds of shiit. Bran gonna get his chance to fly one day :mjpls:

Dorne beat the Targs/Dragons because the kingdom they live in is a giant desert region with a million mountain ranges and caves. Think Afghanistan and the Taliban. They'd attack and flee into the mountains. Attack and run back into the mountains. Aegon and his dragons could never find the Dornish armies.....so he said fukk it and let them have their own country/kingdom.

And yea, it sucks you won't know the ending for atleast another 3-4 years (2018/2019) but think about it this way, the first readers have been waiting since 1996 :to:

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
Is this spoiler free @Adam3000

There aren't any spoilers but its boring and pointless.

Dragons too big to fly? Its a fantasy series and dragons are mythical flying beasts

The Wall would melt under its own weight? It is an established tale that magic was used to help raise the wall

The unpredictable and long seasons could be caused by a weird orbit around 2 different stars? I'm pretty sure that Westeros astronomers would have figured that one out by now
On an interesting side note......the odd seasons don't really appear to be much of mystery right now. Its a fantasy world, the physical laws created for the world can be whatever they want to be. However, there were some old book reviews from the mid 90's someone recently dug up that may give a hint that there is more to it. They were pre-release summaries like you would find on the back of a book. One of them mentioned a "mysterious event" that caused the seasons to go out of wack. There has been nothing in the books that even hints or discusses anything about the seasons like that, so it seems like it may have either been edited out by the time of the official first book release or moved to a future volume. My guess is GRRM decided not even to bother with it and took it out of the story.

On a related interesting side note......in those same pre-release summaries, the White Walkers/Others were referred to multiple times as the "Neverborn." This became very interesting in light the events at the end of Episode 4 this year that showed Crasters kid being turned into an Other. Nobody can seem to find the actual material that these people were summarizing though. The Advanced Readers Copies of the first book that were sent out before the first book release contain no reference to the Neverborn or the event that shaped the seasons. It is a mystery where this info came from

detroitwalt

Superstar
Daps
:yes: also to add to that. been reading book 1 for like 2 years now. did a bit of reading today, and read a part where jofferey was mocking sansa after killing ned. i dont remember this part, but jofferey mentioned that robb sonned jamie in a 1 on 1 fight when they came to winterfell, and that cersei was butthurt about it
I don't remember that part but I doubt it happened.
When Robb captured Jaime, Jaime challenged him to a 1 on 1 to end the war. Robb's reply was "If we do it your way Kingslayer....you'd win. We're not doing it your way".