Official Game of Thrones Season 4 Thread *The North Remembers*(NO SPOILERS!!)

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
I probably will...im getting the paperback version though

$30 for a book?..°shiiiiit

The picture aint showing up for me. Is it the Wold of Ice and Fire book? If so, its a coffeetable book I doubt it will be in paperback. Its gonna be large and hardcover.

Walter H White

All Star
Daps
tumblr_n3q89iQWXv1txt9flo1_400.gif

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
Good choice of words, cause what they're doing right now is the equivalent of fighting off gang rape. :smh:

If I was in Balon's circle I would have ratted him out to the Lannisters and get paid. Everybody going to war now and it's time to take dibs on houses, lands, and thrones. Check Balon's choices when the war starts:
a.) :demonic: Betray Robb Stark, negotiate and co-op with Tywin Lannister. Help smash Tywin's enemies and the reward will definitely be King of the Iron Lands and maybe he'll help me get most of the North or all of it. A Lannister always pays his debts right?

b.) :patrice: Stay loyal to Robb Stark, help him defeat the Lannisters and other enemies. The reward may be King of the Iron Lands (Robb was going independent himself anyway), definitely can't claim North though but helping out will put him in good favor with the Starks.

c.) :pacspit: @ everybody. fukk all them, nikkas, gonna do shyt the hard way and take it the hard way. Fighting wars on all kinds of fronts. Iron price, brehs...

Guess what he chose. :aicmon:
you don't understand what it means to be IRON BORN then... they don't TAKE gifts... they TAKE shyt.. that was the entire speech his dad gave to Theon.

"why are you wearing that fancy shyt.. did you buy it or take it? why would i want to be GIVEN the kingdom back... we TAKE shyt over here"

they don't accept gifts... or trades... they just simply "pay the iron price" by taking whatever the fukk they want

which of course theon blasted wide open when he asked "did you pay the iron price when you gave away your son"

which got him smacked up cause he was right.. but i think they are just proud pirate like people.. they could go work or go along with the game.. they'd rather kill and pillage

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Ahh, fukk it, it's midweek, let's have this convo:

The Baratheons were not rightful heirs. They may have used that miniscule Targ blood to boost Robert's claim, but in reality they took the throne by conquest. They tried to extinguish all remaining Targs to prevent their sympathizers from helping them start an uprising. Can't rule if you're constantly fighting rebellions, you need some peace.

If Dany wants it back, she's gonna have to win it back, her claim is no greater than Aegon's claim when he created it

Edit: but since we're talking lines of succession, why didn't Stannis name Joffery, Tommen, and Marcella when he threw those leeches in the flames? Then he'd be the rightful heir even by Lannister's definition, right? :lupe:
speaking of leeches... he said balon greyjoy's name

can we expect this plan of roose to work? or will the red woman have some explaining to do when it don't happen

#StarkSet

Stark till I die
Supporter
Daps
got a feeling the lannisters are gonna take a big L

the blackfish out there making moves :takedat:

Daps
speaking of leeches... he said balon greyjoy's name

can we expect this plan of roose to work? or will the red woman have some explaining to do when it don't happen

Is Baylon holding that castle tho? I wasn't even sure he left the Iron Islands. He was still chilling in Pyke when Yara left to try to save Theon.

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Can we talk about the Iron Bank a little bit?

I've read a few things praising GoT for adding elements of realism to the fantasy genre by including things like the Iron Bank, and I agree that it is interesting. But as far as I can tell it is simply being used as a means to get Stannis back in the conversation. No rational entity would make that loan to Stannis. Let's say Westeros owes the Iron Bank 100 dollars. The bank then lends Stannis another 100 to take over Westeros. Westeros now owes the bank 200 dollars. If a Tywin led Westeros can't pay back the initial 100, how the fukk do they think that a Stannis led Westeros will be able to pay back the 200? If the bank was truly worried about its investment it would work with Tywin to energize Westeros' economy.
the THRONE is in debt... not the lannisters

if you remember back, robert was the one who fukked the money up. by the time the lannisters actually took over, and tyrion became master of coin, they were already a few MILLION in debt

it didn't go away cause robert died... it didn't go away cause joffrey died.. it won't go away when stannis takes off.. the crown owes the money, whoever decides to take the crown, decides to take that debt

why else would davos bring up how stannis always pays back a debt

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
If you don't pay back the Iron Bank, the Iron Bank will fund your enemies.

Davos made it clear that Stannis was the man they can count on to get them their cash.

The Lannisters will always look out for the Lannisters first and foremost, even if it comes at the sacrifice of the crown's finances

Stannis will serve raw onions and seagull soup to the entire city of King's Landing for the rest of his life it thats what it takes to save the money required to pay back his debt.

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Why does everyone think Dany is gonna be crazy???

the ONLY reason the mad king went crazy, is because he was tortured on some theon levels.. he was perfectly sane before that

barring some torture going down.. the only thing i see traces of, is a pissed off person who's entire bloodline was killed off... she's not even 18... i don't even know if she's 16 in the series... give the girl a break

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Is Baylon holding that castle tho? I wasn't even sure he left the Iron Islands. He was still chilling in Pyke when Yara left to try to save Theon.
i thought that was the castle he was speaking of taking over

true... it was some other castle that roose told him to take.. but if baylon is chillin in Pyke then i can't see what would make him come out of hiding to get clapped up