Official Game of Thrones Season 4 Thread *The North Remembers*(NO SPOILERS!!)

Soundbwoy

Accept to take the L
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Montreal
That analogy isn't really applicable.

My understanding is that the Iron Bank doesn't really have an army, so they ensure repayment by funding your enemies so that when they take the throne they'll pay off that debt.

So, using your hypothetical from earlier, Stannis borrowed 100 to pay back 200 (including Tywin's debt) plus interest. :huhldup:
once #stannisset is on the throne the tyrells bread ain't going to be long anymore :demonic:

beanz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DR
g

I have been clear since the beginning that I want Stannis on the throne because that is what Ned wanted.

I question anyone who doesnt.

as much as i loved Ned, his choices weren't exactly the smartest. stannis included. of course by the line of succession, stannis was next. it would have been a bloody reign tho. not even his own bannermen wanted him as a lord much less as a king :scusthov:

i gotta question anybody riding for stannis knowing he wanted the young wolf dead :mjpls:

beanz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DR
Excuses for lack of honor

I aint riding with Stannis anymore than you are riding for Dany. Only one of the two is honorable
:lolbron:

its not that im riding for dany, but the 2 best claims belong to dany and stannis(more so dany to me but thats a different debate for another day) and if i have to choose between the 2, i rather have dany.

i dont see how dany is dishonorable anyway..she has only done shady shyt to slavers unless im forgetting anything.

Last edited:
Daps
g

I have been clear since the beginning that I want Stannis on the throne because that is what Ned wanted.

as much as i loved Ned, his choices weren't exactly the smartest. stannis included. of course by the line of succession, stannis was next. it would have been a bloody reign tho. not even his own bannermen wanted him as a lord much less as a king :scusthov:

i gotta question anybody riding for stannis knowing he wanted the young wolf dead :mjpls:

Stannis Baratheon may not occupy the chair, but he is unquestionably the rightful heir. He's Lord of the Seven Kingdoms. Protector of the realm. King of the Andals and the First Men

But in the words of my dog (please don't ask me how :wow:), fukk the king. :birdman:

beanz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DR
Stannis Baratheon may not occupy the chair, but he is unquestionably the rightful heir. He's Lord of the Seven Kingdoms. Protector of the realm. King of the Andals and the First Men

But in the words of my dog (please don't ask me how :wow:), fukk the king. :birdman:

yea at the end of the day fukk the king, whoever it is dont run the first men. but i will always maintain that if the baratheons were the rightful kings, they wouldnt have spent so much effort trying to extinguish the targaryen line. 17 years after the rebellion and robert was still shook when he heard that dany was marrying the dothraki. plus the fact the only reason robert got the chair was because his grandma was a targaryen. so its either by blood or conquest not both.

still, :birdman: fukk the throne

Daps
yea at the end of the day fukk the king, whoever it is dont run the first men. but i will always maintain that if the baratheons were the rightful kings, they wouldnt have spent so much effort trying to extinguish the targaryen line. 17 years after the rebellion and robert was still shook when he heard that dany was marrying the dothraki. plus the fact the only reason robert got the chair was because his grandma was a targaryen. so its either by blood or conquest not both.

still, :birdman: fukk the throne

Ahh, fukk it, it's midweek, let's have this convo:

The Baratheons were not rightful heirs. They may have used that miniscule Targ blood to boost Robert's claim, but in reality they took the throne by conquest. They tried to extinguish all remaining Targs to prevent their sympathizers from helping them start an uprising. Can't rule if you're constantly fighting rebellions, you need some peace.

If Dany wants it back, she's gonna have to win it back, her claim is no greater than Aegon's claim when he created it

Edit: but since we're talking lines of succession, why didn't Stannis name Joffery, Tommen, and Marcella when he threw those leeches in the flames? Then he'd be the rightful heir even by Lannister's definition, right? :lupe:

beanz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DR
Ahh, fukk it, it's midweek, let's have this convo:

The Baratheons were not rightful heirs. They may have used that miniscule Targ blood to boost Robert's claim, but in reality they took the throne by conquest. They tried to extinguish all remaining Targs to prevent their sympathizers from helping them start an uprising. Can't rule if you're constantly fighting rebellions, you need some peace.

If Dany wants it back, she's gonna have to win it back, her claim is no greater than Aegon's claim when he created it

yea she is gonna have to fight for it regardless. by saying she has the better claim it doesnt mean its gonna just be handed to her. whoever sits on the throne by the end of this story is gonna sit there by conquest and nothing else. as far as who i would back tho, i would back dany. not only does she have dragons, but her ancestors made that seat to begin with and she still exists. so if i was a lord of some lands in westeros and i had an army of 5,000 and both stannis and dany asked me for support, i would take everything into consideration and back her.

at the end of the day, both have solid claims. im not saying stannis' claim is completely false. if dany didnt exist, it would undisputably be stannis. but she's out there and i would have a tough time backing stannis and his cult like army of red god worshippers. burning people at the stake for not converting religions :whoa:

i dont think dany has even mention religion once. as an atheist, thats another point for her :myman:

Numpsay

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
PAT 2 HTown
g

I could rock with this if there was no Melisandre. A Stannis(King) and Davos(Hand) would serve Westeros well.

If I am a resident of Westeros the last thing I want to see is a Targaryen sitting on the throne. Their track record isn't the greatest and I see signs of it coming out of Dany.

But regardless its #Starkset all day any day and when its all said and done we'll still have the North anyway.

dontreadthis

philly.
Daps
to make the ether even worse, ima give ya the book version real quick. the part that reallllllyyyy hurt tyrion, is that when him and shae fukk, she calls him her giant of lannister because he is supposedly well hung. so she is always calling him "my giant". in the trial she says this out loud and :wow: the laughter that ensues. thats when his heart really broke into a thousand pieces. everybody making fun of him for supposedly MAKING her call him a giant.
lol that would make anybody lose it
"no really my shyt is big y'all, I swear! this bytch lying man!"
29fy1sm.jpg

Arianne Martell

"Unbowed, Unbent, Unbroken"
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
House Martell #SnakeGang #Targset
yea she is gonna have to fight for it regardless. by saying she has the better claim it doesnt mean its gonna just be handed to her. whoever sits on the throne by the end of this story is gonna sit there by conquest and nothing else. as far as who i would back tho, i would back dany. not only does she have dragons, but her ancestors made that seat to begin with and she still exists. so if i was a lord of some lands in westeros and i had an army of 5,000 and both stannis and dany asked me for support, i would take everything into consideration and back her.

at the end of the day, both have solid claims. im not saying stannis' claim is completely false. if dany didnt exist, it would undisputably be stannis. but she's out there and i would have a tough time backing stannis and his cult like army of red god worshippers. burning people at the stake for not converting religions :whoa:

i dont think dany has even mention religion once. as an atheist, thats another point for her :myman:

But Daenerys is a female. How can she inherit a throne when traditionally it passes down to a male heir....unless she changes the rules and no one objects, especially the church.

:whoa: Not that I'm not #targset..but I am curious on the strategy for this road block.

beanz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DR
see this is what I'm talking about..

But Daenerys is a female. How can she inherent a throne when traditionally it passes down to a male heir....unless she changes the rules and no one objects, especially the church.

gonna have to change the rules. the targaryens have crowned a female before and she had support from a lot of houses. unfortunately, it led to a civil war. if she comes in with 3 full grown dragons and a large enough army, nobody will care so much. they WILL be lined up outside her door trying to marry her tho. so i guess the Targaryen line is gonna end with her anyway cause whoever she marries, if she marries, thats the last name thats gonna carry on the throne.