Official Game of Thrones Season 4 Thread *The North Remembers*(NO SPOILERS!!)

beanz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DR
It could've been arranged to have him carried out :smugbiden:

I can't excuse Yara for that shyt, Ramsay should've been killed. All that tough talk on the boat went out the window, quick. If everything they did to your Prince they did to you then you should've shoved a sword through his heart.

The words Iron Born mean NOTHING

to me the iron born have to be the most delusional set. they have 4 tiny islands whose population cant be much and they think they can rebel and win. not only are they few, but they have 0 allies. nikkas have no honor either. king robert should have just wiped them out the last time they rebeled. i dont think anybody would have had a problem with that. they still stuck in the past when they were their own kingdom, but back then they had a shyt load of land

this is a map of westeros before aegon the conqueror came thru

map-before-aegon-w-text-2.jpg

everything u see that is black was the kingdom of the iron islands. most of that is the riverlands now(house tully). they even had kings landing. now they just have those little islands on the west above the kingdom of the rock.

they even had bear island(jorah and joer mormont's home) before the starks took it away and gave it to the mormonts. shyt is all the way north by the wall.

greyjoys are a good example of what happens when you have no friends or allies. same shyt can happen to stannis and his island is even smaller.

Daps
We saw that in season 2 when Theon boys turned on him and thought Ramsey was gonna honor that deal but ended up getting bodied instead.

I think if it was Theon in that cage instead of Reek she would've fought to the death.

Their ancestors were so trill too...no surviving house fell off harder after Aegon's conquest. Now the Iron Born all hoes.

detroitwalt

Superstar
Daps
Does anyone think Tywin believes Tyrion killed Joffrey? I don't think so, Tywin is too smart for that, but since he has always despised Tyrion he'd be glad to see him go whether it's to the Wall or at the hands of the executioner.

I don't think he manipulated Jamie into that deal either, but since Jamie offered up exactly what he wanted by going to Casterly Rock AND Tyrion would still be sent away, that's more than Tywin could have hoped for and that's why he jumped on it so quickly.

Food Mane

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Can we talk about the Iron Bank a little bit?

I've read a few things praising GoT for adding elements of realism to the fantasy genre by including things like the Iron Bank, and I agree that it is interesting. But as far as I can tell it is simply being used as a means to get Stannis back in the conversation. No rational entity would make that loan to Stannis. Let's say Westeros owes the Iron Bank 100 dollars. The bank then lends Stannis another 100 to take over Westeros. Westeros now owes the bank 200 dollars. If a Tywin led Westeros can't pay back the initial 100, how the fukk do they think that a Stannis led Westeros will be able to pay back the 200? If the bank was truly worried about its investment it would work with Tywin to energize Westeros' economy.

Numpsay

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
PAT 2 HTown
Dog, I'm not gonna belabor this, but nikkas keep quoting me...

When we first meet Oberyn, he lets it be known he wants to get at the Mountain, obviously they'd clash. We all knew that. That clash did not need to happen in the throne room. That the crown would choose the Mountain was not stated in this episode. Obviously if they do it's only logical that Oberyn would jump in.

That the Mountain would be chosen as a champion has not been established in this episode. It's a reasonable guess that was confirmed in here.

People didn't start putting 2+2 together until after this latest episode in which the previews from next week showed an appearance from The Mountain. Don't have to be a genius to connect the dots.

Exactly...that is why he cannot be king, he sucks building relationships...he is not pragmatic, flexible, lacks people skills, lacks diplomacy overall he is garbage. If he was to become king...damn everybody will be walking around with a missing limb. He is a robot...noooonnnee of the powerful houses ride with him...matter fact they don't even talk about him...:huh:

idk which set is more delusional
stanniset :hula:starkset

but starkset is not looking to sit on the throne...so I'll say stanniset is more delusional.

the iron bank is going to look like fannie mae when Stannis default on his loan :smh:

I agree but

:ufdup: Watch your mouth when it comes to #Starkset

beanz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DR

I've read a few things praising GoT for adding elements of realism to the fantasy genre by including things like the Iron Bank, and I agree that it is interesting. But as far as I can tell it is simply being used as a means to get Stannis back in the conversation. No rational entity would make that loan to Stannis. Let's say Westeros owes the Iron Bank 100 dollars. The bank then lends Stannis another 100 to take over Westeros. Westeros know owes the bank 200 dollars. If Westeros can't pay back the initial 100, how the fukk do they think that a Stannis led Westeros will be able to pay back the 200? If the bank was truly worried about its investment it would work with Tywin to energize Westeros' economy.

good point :patrice:

i think they just overflowing with cash and dont really care so much about the money itself, but about their rep. if people see them fund another army to destroy the people that owe them money, it sends a loud message. if stannis wins and then sends them minimum monthly payments for the rest of his life its a win to them since the lannisters are admittedly broke right now and cant send them shyt.

Food Mane

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Does anyone think Tywin believes Tyrion killed Joffrey? I don't think so, Tywin is too smart for that, but since he has always despised Tyrion he'd be glad to see him go whether it's to the Wall or at the hands of the executioner.

I don't think he manipulated Jamie into that deal either, but since Jamie offered up exactly what he wanted by going to Casterly Rock AND Tyrion would still be sent away, that's more than Tywin could have hoped for and that's why he jumped on it so quickly.

I wouldn't be surprised if Tywin did it. He has certainly benefitted from it.

More control over the king
Jaime back in Casterly Rock producing Lannister
Tyrion learning about these damn hoes and being banished to the wall
Cersei getting G checked into playing her position

Daps
She was down to three dudes once Ramsay and his reinforcements came.

Engaging him again would have had her and the rest of her squad bodied. :dead:

Ironborn got the dumbest campaign going right now.

Fair point. Her goal from the beginning should've included killing Ramsay instead of just sneaking Theon away in the night. :manny:

Daps

I've read a few things praising GoT for adding elements of realism to the fantasy genre by including things like the Iron Bank, and I agree that it is interesting. But as far as I can tell it is simply being used as a means to get Stannis back in the conversation. No rational entity would make that loan to Stannis. Let's say Westeros owes the Iron Bank 100 dollars. The bank then lends Stannis another 100 to take over Westeros. Westeros now owes the bank 200 dollars. If a Tywin led Westeros can't pay back the initial 100, how the fukk do they think that a Stannis led Westeros will be able to pay back the 200? If the bank was truly worried about its investment it would work with Tywin to energize Westeros' economy.

They need to side with the winner. Can't get money from a dead man. If they refuse Stannis, and he gets the throne, he's not paying Tywin's debts.

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
Their ancestors were so trill too...no surviving house fell off harder after Aegon's conquest. Now the Iron Born all hoes.

Good choice of words, cause what they're doing right now is the equivalent of fighting off gang rape. :smh:

If I was in Balon's circle I would have ratted him out to the Lannisters and get paid. Everybody going to war now and it's time to take dibs on houses, lands, and thrones. Check Balon's choices when the war starts:
a.) :demonic: Betray Robb Stark, negotiate and co-op with Tywin Lannister. Help smash Tywin's enemies and the reward will definitely be King of the Iron Lands and maybe he'll help me get most of the North or all of it. A Lannister always pays his debts right?

b.) :patrice: Stay loyal to Robb Stark, help him defeat the Lannisters and other enemies. The reward may be King of the Iron Lands (Robb was going independent himself anyway), definitely can't claim North though but helping out will put him in good favor with the Starks.

c.) :pacspit: @ everybody. fukk all them, nikkas, gonna do shyt the hard way and take it the hard way. Fighting wars on all kinds of fronts. Iron price, brehs...

Guess what he chose. :aicmon:

Food Mane

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
They need to side with the winner. Can't get money from a dead man. If they refuse Stannis, and he gets the throne, he's not paying Tywin's debts.

Yeah but if they refuse Stannis there is no way he gets the throne. Let's say you lend me money for a car and I'm not making payments. Does it really make sense for you to lend some other dude money to buy a car so he can crash it into my car?

Daps
Good choice of words, cause what they're doing right now is the equivalent of fighting off gang rape. :smh:

If I was in Balon's circle I would have ratted him out to the Lannisters and get paid. Everybody going to war now and it's time to take dibs on houses, lands, and thrones. Check Balon's choices when the war starts:
a.) :demonic: Betray Robb Stark, negotiate and co-op with Tywin Lannister. Help smash Tywin's enemies and the reward will definitely be King of the Iron Lands and maybe he'll help me get most of the North or all of it. A Lannister always pays his debts right?

b.) :patrice: Stay loyal to Robb Stark, help him defeat the Lannisters and other enemies. The reward may be King of the Iron Lands (Robb was going independent himself anyway), definitely can't claim North though but helping out will put him in good favor with the Starks.

c.) :pacspit: @ everybody. fukk all them, nikkas, gonna do shyt the hard way and take it the hard way. Fighting wars on all kinds of fronts. Iron price, brehs...

Literally the dumbest war plan on the show :laff:

Daps
Yeah but if they refuse Stannis there is no way he gets the throne. Let's say you lend me money for a car and I'm not making payments. Does it really make sense for you to lend some other dude money to buy a car so he can crash it into my car?

That analogy isn't really applicable.

My understanding is that the Iron Bank doesn't really have an army, so they ensure repayment by funding your enemies so that when they take the throne they'll pay off that debt.

So, using your hypothetical from earlier, Stannis borrowed 100 to pay back 200 (including Tywin's debt) plus interest. :huhldup:

beanz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DR

if i remember correctly, choice b also included casterly rock. he could have had all of casterly rock if he would have helped robb destroy the lannisters. if balon had laid seige to casterly rock, tywin would have had to choose between saving kings landing from robb/stannis/renly or saving casterly rock from the ironmen.

balon is a good example of when keeping it real goes wrong :russ:

he was like "AINT NO nikka GIVING ME A CROWN FOOL! IM TAKING THAT shyt!"(chapelle voice)