Official Game of Thrones Season 4 Thread *The North Remembers*(NO SPOILERS!!)

Daps
After the "chaos is a ladder" speech, I feel like Littlefinger doesn't have a grand scheme. Dude is just out there fukking around to put himself on top.

I'm reading another book series where one character trying to gain status pretty much says thinks war is horrible but a great opportunity for the advancement.

I don't believe Littlefinger is for the common people for one second but him having free rein, creating blank checks for himself could mean the end of monarchy and the rise of a merchant class in Westeros. Makes sense knowing that he was an excellent as Master of Coin.

This may be semantics, but I think he does have a plan, it's just not written in stone but is fluid and can change drastically as the circumstances around him change. And within that master plan, he has smaller goals...i.e. rungs of a ladder. He uses chaos to distract people because they'll be focused fixing the chaos (they cling to the realm, proper lines of succession, etc. Which are illusions cuz they're man made constructs) to notice that he's steadily improving his position.

Best example of this is Sansa. Getting her was a rung on his ladder. He intended on using the Lannister's and Tyrrell's jockeying of position as the chaos whilst he swept away with Sansa, but when Varys thwarted it, he came up with a new plan to get that rung.

Some seem to think he's a Joker type and just wants to see the world burn, but he has an end game: become as powerful as humanly possible. And that's why I think he is headed for a glorious death. The higher he gets, the more likely it is someone will look up and see how incredibly improved his position is.

Littlefinger's "chaos is a ladder" speech (particularly about the realm and stuff being illusions) fits in perfectly Varys riddle....power resides where people think it resides. People cling to the ladder cuz that's what defines where the power resides.

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
This may be semantics, but I think he does have a plan, it's just not written in stone but is fluid and can change drastically as the circumstances around him change..

Yeah. Littlefingers plan is to take one piece of chaos at a time. Once he has improved his position, time for more chaos.

I'm not sure he has a specific long term vision, because that would be impossible. For instance, if he wants Sansa so he can control Winterfell, there is no way he could have planned for that with murdering Jon Arryn. Too many pieces needed to fall into place that were out of his control. Sansa came later.

"When life gives you lemons, make lemoncakes" - Littlefinger

Daps
Yeah. Littlefingers plan is to take one piece of chaos at a time. Once he has improved his position, time for more chaos.

I'm not sure he has a specific long term vision, because that would be impossible. For instance, if he wants Sansa so he can control Winterfell, there is no way he could have planned for that with murdering Jon Arryn. Too many pieces needed to fall into place that were out of his control. Sansa came later.

"When life gives you lemons, make lemoncakes" - Littlefinger

Agreed. No long term plan just a long term goal. Short term plans that are subject change as the chaos warrants.

Sansa is just a piece, a piece that got more and powerful as the war of the five kings raged on. When he first showed interest, Robb and Cat were still alive (and winning) so it's unlikely he intended on using her to take the North, maybe he was angling towards an alliance with the North. But after those chaotic events, getting the North became viable. :ehh:

And every piece has an expiration date, which is why I suspect he's plotting an exit strategy with Lysa. She's trending towards more of a liability than an asset, and we know Littlefinger knows how to manage his investments :whew:

Which reminds me, Lysa shoulda made my top ten most likely to die list :snoop:

Malik

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DMV | Philly
This may be semantics, but I think he does have a plan, it's just not written in stone but is fluid and can change drastically as the circumstances around him change. And within that master plan, he has smaller goals...i.e. rungs of a ladder. He uses chaos to distract people because they'll be focused fixing the chaos (they cling to the realm, proper lines of succession, etc. Which are illusions cuz they're man made constructs) to notice that he's steadily improving his position.

Best example of this is Sansa. Getting her was a rung on his ladder. He intended on using the Lannister's and Tyrrell's jockeying of position as the chaos whilst he swept away with Sansa, but when Varys thwarted it, he came up with a new plan to get that rung.

Some seem to think he's a Joker type and just wants to see the world burn, but he has an end game: become as powerful as humanly possible. And that's why I think he is headed for a glorious death. The higher he gets, the more likely it is someone will look up and see how incredibly improved his position is.

Littlefinger's "chaos is a ladder" speech (particularly about the realm and stuff being illusions) fits in perfectly Varys riddle....power resides where people think it resides. People cling to the ladder cuz that's what defines where the power resides.

:wow:

I'm surprised nobody has noticed. You'd think Tywin would atleast peep game. Littlefinger went from a poor noble...to a small businessman...to Master of Coin...to Lord of Harrenhall...to Lord Paramount of The Trident and The Vale :wow: And to think, his great-grandfather was a sellsword from Bravos. Basically like Bronn.​

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
I think if you read ahead it takes away from the show. If you read after it just adds more to it. I won't pick up AFFC til after the fif season.
it's actually the complete opposite though breh, there's shyt yall see that yall dont even get excited about cuz it means nothing to you, taking away from the greatness of the show

Daps
:wow:

I'm surprised nobody has noticed. You'd think Tywin would atleast peep game. Littlefinger went from a poor noble...to a small businessman...to Master of Coin...to Lord of Harrenhall...to Lord Paramount of The Trident and The Vale :wow: And to think, his great-grandfather was a sellsword from Bravos. Basically like Bronn.​

Tywin is too busy trying to prevent his castle from being repoed :mjlol:
Plus, thanks to Littlefinger, he's focusing his attention on this dumb ass trial of his own son.

I'm thinking Varys will be the whistleblower. He already knows Littlefinger plotted to get Sansa once before.

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
Tywin is too busy trying to prevent his castle from being repoed :mjlol:
Plus, thanks to Littlefinger, he's focusing his attention on this dumb ass trial of his own son.

I'm thinking Varys will be the whistleblower. He already knows Littlefinger plotted to get Sansa once before.
but here's the thing, varys is just as bad as littlefinger so why the hell would he care? he's out for his own survival :manny: i dont see how interfering would benefit him in any way

Daps
but here's the thing, varys is just as bad as littlefinger so why the hell would he care? he's out for his own survival :manny: i dont see how interfering would benefit him in any way

Varys seems to be Littlefinger's nemesis. I think he explicitly stated that Littlefinger is the most dangerous man in the world, he'd do it just to stop Littlefinger....that's why he thwarted the original Sansa play....that's why he had Ros spying on Littlefinger to begin with...

duck

Bills Mafia
Daps
Reppin
buffalo ny
vrOFqUz.gif

my turn

WizKhaleesi_0cf1111e.jpg

Lord Beasley

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
469 x 972 x 702
Get ready to bend those knees this sunday :birdman:

:blessed: Lord of Light AKA The One True King AKA Stannis Baratheon about to get his RushCard filled up in Braavos

#StannisSet only getting W's from this week on. Slipping right under these other sets nose's :mjpls:. Going to roll up in King's Landing 1,000,000 deep with The Red Woman and Davos like :dj2:
:childplease:

#wolfgangclanaintnuthin2fukwit

Berto

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
it's actually the complete opposite though breh, there's shyt yall see that yall dont even get excited about cuz it means nothing to you, taking away from the greatness of the show

Yeah but I always go back and rewatch all the episodes to look for all the subtleties. I'm invested in this show so there's nothing I overlook. I'm #starkset all day but I'm gonna be the red viper for Halloween this yr.

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
Yeah but I always go back and rewatch all the episodes to look for all the subtleties. I'm invested in this show so there's nothing I overlook. I'm #starkset all day but I'm gonna be the red viper for Halloween this yr.
:salute:

just make sure you dont happen to stroll by any gay bars :whoa: there's some swole gay nikkas out there that might get the wrong idea