Official Game of Thrones Season 4 Thread *The North Remembers*(NO SPOILERS!!)

beanz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DR
So I just bought all 5 books.. Should I read them or will they just completely ruin the show for me? :patrice:

if you read them its gonna open much so much more that the show doesnt really capture. its a long read, but the story is very interesting and complex. sometimes i kind of wish i hadnt read them tho so i could enjoy the surprises as much as the show watchers :sadcam:

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
After the "chaos is a ladder" speech, I feel like Littlefinger doesn't have a grand scheme. Dude is just out there fukking around to put himself on top.

I'm reading another book series where one character trying to gain status pretty much says war is horrible but a great opportunity for the advancement.

I don't believe Littlefinger is for the common people for one second but him having free rein, creating blank checks for himself could mean the end of monarchy and the rise of a merchant class in Westeros. Makes sense knowing that he was excellent as Master of Coin.

Last edited:

charmander

Alhamdulillah
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
SOHH Icey HawkSet ByrdGang
vrOFqUz.gif

iNad925

Imma let you finish, but WINTER IS COMING
Daps
After the "chaos is a ladder" speech, I feel like Littlefinger doesn't have a grand scheme. Dude is just out there fukking around to put himself on top.

I'm reading another book series where one character trying to gain status pretty much says thinks war is horrible but a great opportunity for the advancement.

I don't believe Littlefinger is for the common people for one second but him having free rein, creating blank checks for himself could mean the end of monarchy and the rise of a merchant class in Westeros. Makes sense knowing that he was an excellent as Master of Coin.

I don't know if he was necessarily a good Master of Coin. I think he used that position just for his long term scheme to fukk with the Lannisters but putting them under immense debt to The Bank of Braavos (or w.e. they are officially called). He just has a thirst to be on top considering he was denied most things early in his life since he is from the Littlest of the Fingers

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
Where do we put Clubfoot Karl in the warrior rankings tho? Claims he hasn't lost a fight since 9 years old. A fooking legend.

Grenn has been putting in work too.

Top paid cutthroat in Flea Bottom. Legend of Gin Alley. I'd say his resume is about equal to Syrio's, so I guess by some peoples standards that is enough to put him in the top 10 :troll:

it wont ruin anything. .it will do the opposite and make the show better

Yeah, cosign this. I have seen no drop off in my enjoyment of the show. Perhaps the major plot twists will be spoiled, but at some point they are brand new to you as a reader so your surprise will come then. It aint a spoiler to read the story, its a different way to learn the story.

Plus, dudes are gonna be REAL salty if they hold out on them books and something major happens in Winds of Winter. If another major fan favorite character dies on the level of Ned or the Red Wedding, no way people aren't gonna get spoiled. There are trolls everywhere that are gonna get off on it.

HookersandIceCream

#TeamOrange
Daps
Reppin
Wherever whores go.....
Tywin sh*t on a all these fake wanna be rulers

Especially the mother of dragons :mjlol

“A good king"

Mother of dragons is not a King. A queen of Khaleesi will enver rule over the 7 kingdoms

“Holiness?”

Theres nothing holy about a individual giving birth to demonic babies :demon:

Wisdom. “Yes!” purred Tywin.

Justice

Massacring 163 people without trail is unjust as it does.

Strength

3 Dragons smaller than direwolve and 10K dikkless soldiers are not going to take one Kingdom let alone 7
:mjlol:

“A house with great wealth and fertile lands asks you for protection against a house with a great navy that could one day oppose you—how do you know which choice is wise and which choice isn’t?” he asked. “A wise king knows what he knows and what he doesn’t. A wise young king listens to his counselors and heeds their advice until he comes of age—and the wisest kings keep listening to them long afterwards.”
:mjlol:

She straight up ignored her councils advice but did the smart thing in staying in Meereen

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
But wont you know whats gonnna happen in advance? :patrice:
Yeah on the show you will know the major stuff, but you don't know whats gonna happen in advance when you are reading. It aint like you are reading wikipedia summaries, the book will dive you into the world just like the show does. Your surprises will come while you read. The show will be the fulfillment of that vision, with lots of noticeable differences between the two.

The thing you are missing out on by not reading is immersing yourself in the sheer depth of the world. You think the show is complex? Try multiplying the character numbers and location names and movements by like 50X. shyt is deep. Also, you can be opened up to the whole new world of fan theories, which is enough to keep you busy in between seasons on its own.

Donwan

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Port City, NC
tha snowman was puttin in work and plus reunited with his wolf, Bran was snappin necks takin names, Arya got those list of names dial into her mental chamber and gettin them lessons from the goon Hound, and Sansa learning the rules of scheme from lil finger. We gettin our George Jefferson on. Northside tha best side that's how we ride.