Official Game of Thrones Season 4 Thread *The North Remembers*(NO SPOILERS!!)

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
Something that dawned on me last night too.....

Every single episode, the opening credits show Winterfell in its smoking ruins. We haven't seen Winterfell since Maester Luwin died. Every other location that they leave, they take out of the opening credits.

This tells me that Winterfell is extremely important to the overall story of the show.

This tells me that the Starks are extremely important to the mythology of the show

"Winter Is Coming".....it was proven last night that the White Walkers bring the cold with them. What if these words mean "White Walkers are coming?" :ohhh:

"There must always be a Stark in Winterfell".....these words are repeated over and over, it is almost like a 2nd family saying along with Winter is Coming. Why must there always be a Stark in Winterfell:ohhh:

Brozay

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

Every single episode, the opening credits show Winterfell in its smoking ruins. We haven't seen Winterfell since Maester Luwin died. Every other location that they leave, they take out of the opening credits.

This tells me that Winterfell is extremely important to the overall story of the show.

This tells me that the Starks are extremely important to the mythology of the show

"Winter Is Coming".....it was proven last night that the White Walkers bring the cold with them. What if these words mean "White Walkers are coming?" :ohhh:

"There must always be a Stark in Winterfell".....these words are repeated over and over, it is almost like a 2nd family saying along with Winter is Coming. Why must there always be a Stark in Winterfell:ohhh:
I was always under the assumption that 'Winter is coming' signified that the white walkers were coming

I could be wrong though, but thats how I always took it

Last edited:

beanz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DR
I have was always under the assumption that 'Winter is coming' signified that the white walkers were coming

I could be wrong though, but thats how I always took it

yea basically thats what the starks are saying. all the other families have these arrogant family mottos and they all ambitious and worried about the throne and how they can move up in life, and the starks are up there like "winter is coming, and we need to be ready." thats why ned or any of them never gave a fukk about anything below the neck. starks have always been focused on defending the north from beyond the wall cause they know whats out there.

if u go back to season 1, 1st episode, ned is like :ohhh: shyt is about to go down. first thing was the deserter talking about white walkers. he brushed him off a little but then when he found the direwolves SOUTH of the wall he was like oh shyt. plus when yoren came to kings landing he gave him men and woulda been the only lord to answer maester aemon's letters.

so its kind of a double meaning for the starks. like "winter is coming and we ready" and "if u fukk with us winter is coming for that ass" cause nobody thrives in the winter like the north

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
But it IS that serious

This is a small piece of the Season 2 Blu-Ray extras made by HBO

This is the official HBO episode guide summary for this episode:
Game of Thrones Viewer's Guide

Go to "read the synopsis" and read what HBO is saying about the White Walker who turned the baby to ice

This shyt goes waaaaayyyy deeper than I even thought when I made that post. If I had realized who that dude was from the start I would have been freaking out even more.

Now, at this point I don't want to say anymore because it is unclear whether or not we start treading into a grey area spoiler-wise. I don't think it is spoilers because HBO are the ones that dropped the damn name. But I will tag it anyway just in case. Here is a deeper description of who that White Walker is based on stories that Old Nan told Bran in the very first book:

According to legend, the Night's King lived during the Age of Heroes, not long after the Wall was complete. He was a fearless warrior, who was named the thirteenth Lord Commander of the Night's Watch. Later he fell in love with a woman "with skin as white as the moon and eyes like blue stars", he chased her and loved her though "her skin was cold as ice", and when he gave his seed to her he gave his soul as well.[1] (Her description matches that of the Others.)

He brought her back to the Nightfort and after the unholy union, he declared himself king and her his queen, and ruled the Nightfort as his own castle for thirteen years. During the dark years of his reign, horrific atrocities were committed, of which tales are still told in the North. It was not until his own brother, the King in the North, and Joramun, the King-Beyond-the-Wall, joined forces that the Night's King was brought down and the Night's Watch freed. After his fall, when it was discovered that he had been sacrificing to the Others (possibly in similar way to Craster), all records of him were destroyed and his very name was forbidden.[1] It is likely this led the lords of the North to forbid the Night's Watch to construct walls at their keeps, ensuring the keeps would always be accessible from the south.

I mean, there were dozens of theories about this shyt and the buildings just got crushed in a random Season 4 episode

SHOW WATCHERS ONLY I NEED YOUR OPINION

Do you consider it a spoiler to drop the name of this character that HBO initially gave? Remember, this came straight from HBO and book readers were 1000X as surprised as you guys were at reading it.

I need to know if we can drop this name in this thread, I want to discuss this further but don't want to cross any lines

Malik

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DMV | Philly

People get mad when you post the histories of the houses, eventhough the information has been covered. But here's something I came across.

Bran the Builder started House Stark. A theory I read is that Bran the Builder's father was one of the First Men who made the pact with the Children of the Forest. TCOF made him take one of their females as a wife, resulting in Bran The Builder being born and the founding of House Stark. I think the "There Must Always Be a Stark in Winterfell" thing is deeper than a family saying. I think it goes back to the Children of the Forest. Only the Starks can rule The North because they have the blood of the Children flowing in their veins. The Wall could have been sealed with powerful magic that depended on the Stark lineage to keep the Walkers at bay. The fact that the Walkers are only mobilizing now that Winterfell is in ruins makes you wonder :ohhh: It could also explain the Starks special connection to the land (maybe its more than just religion but, the connection the Children had) or why the Stark children have warging abilities. Bran the Builder being half human/half child of the forest could also certainly explain him building several extraordinary structures throughout Westeros.

The Pact came to be after the First Men and the children of the forest fought each other to a standstill and the two races agreed to peaceful coexistence. It was entered into by the Greenseers and wood dancers of the children of the forest and the chiefs and heroes of the First Menon a small island in middle of the large lake, known as Gods Eye, in the Riverlands. The children retained the standing forests and the First Men were able to settle the open lands i.e. the coastland, high plains, bright meadows, mountains, and bogs, while agreeing not put any more weirwood to the axe.

800px-The_Pact.jpg

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
People get mad when you post the histories of the houses, eventhough the information has been covered. But here's something I came across.

Bran the Builder started House Stark. A theory I read is that Bran the Builder's father was one of the First Men who made the pact with the Children of the Forest. TCOF made him take one of their females as a wife, resulting in Bran The Builder being born and the founding of House Stark. I think the "There Must Always Be a Stark in Winterfell" thing is deeper than a family saying. I think it goes back to the Children of the Forest. Only the Starks can rule The North because they have the blood of the Children flowing in their veins. The Wall could have been sealed with powerful magic that depended on the Stark lineage to keep the Walkers at bay. The fact that the Walkers are only mobilizing now that Winterfell is in ruins makes you wonder :ohhh: It could also explain the Starks special connection to the land (maybe its more than just religion but, the connection the Children had) or why the Stark children have warging abilities.

800px-The_Pact.jpg

I have stated in my post history numerous times that I actually ride with the First Men over anybody:smugfavre:

Yeah, they are all dead, which is why I then ride with the Starks:smugfavre:

Blood of the First Men:smugfavre:

Targset -- Christopher Columbus
StannisSet -- Christopher Columbus
LannisterSet -- Christopher Columbus

And these are the sets you claim
:comeon:
Run around scream cac this and cac that and don't run with the Blood of the First Men :comeon:

We told yall a long time ago that we are the people that matter. :smugfavre:

Numpsay

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
PAT 2 HTown
Missandei looked quite perplexed when holding resource class with Grey Worm and he started mouthing off "Kill the masters" etc... I don't think she will be down for the cause very much longer.

We'd welcome her with open arms in #Starkset

She can take over for Hodor.

Eternal Tecate

Superstar
Daps
so the walkers can just touch you and make you a walker? :wtf:

can all of them do that or just certain ones?

can they do that to anyone or just baby boys?

i need a book reader to explain this to me please

There hasn't been anything in the books about that shyt yet :merchant:

3rdLetter

Pushin afros back to '76
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Qnz, NYC
Question, was Jaime being sincere about sending Brienne to protect Sansa or is it just another Lannister trick to find out her whereabouts for his sister/girlfriend?
I don't know. I could see both being plausible. He did promise Catelyn about the safety of her girls but then again she is dead so who knows if he still holding himself to it. He does trust Brienne and she was on Catelyn's nuts so who better to do the deed. Plus he probably sent Brienne for her own safety, Cersi didn't like her.

If it's a trick, he's just trying to get back on his sister's good side so he could have them guts without a struggle :shaq: