Official Game of Thrones Season 4 Thread *The North Remembers*(NO SPOILERS!!)

Type Username Here

Not a new member
Daps
Reppin
humans
Just finished watching the complete history on youtube. Man, HBO did a very bad job with the show. VERY BAD JOB.

They should have at least had a little session or explanation of the houses and the history. If you just watching the show, you have no idea what's really going on.

Now, I fully understand the meaning of the marked tree Bran touched last week. :wow:

#starklset we outchea :wow:

In their defense, they really don't have the time or medium to tell everyone's backstory except in dialogue. I do agree with you though that seeking out the backstory is important for anyone that likes the show. Obviously the books are the best way, but there are other sources out there that sum it all up. Just got to be careful with spoilers.

LeVraiPapi

Redemption is Coming
Daps
In their defense, they really don't have the time or medium to tell everyone's backstory except in dialogue. I do agree with you though that seeking out the backstory is important for anyone that likes the show. Obviously the books are the best way, but there are other sources out there that sum it all up. Just got to be careful with spoilers.

Have not even watched season 1 story yet and things make more sense. It only helps me see how the Lannisters have no self respect.

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
Just finished watching the complete history on youtube. Man, HBO did a very bad job with the show. VERY BAD JOB.

They should have at least had a little session or explanation of the houses and the history. If you just watching the show, you have no idea what's really going on.

Now, I fully understand the meaning of the marked tree Bran touched last week. :wow:

Breh. HBO made them joints and put them on the Blu Ray. Doesn't it stand to reason that HBO did a great job?

There is not time on the show to go that deep into any of the backstory. They really don't even do that shyt in the books, it aint laid out all nice and concise like that. Most of this backstory and history is sprinkled in little chunks here and there over the course of all 5 books and it has to be pieced together. If it wasn't for the ASOIAF-Wikipedia, the average book reader probably wouldn't even know half that shyt.

I have posted those youtube videos like 4 times throughout this thread imploring people to watch them, but some people seem to think that anything that could even be remotely viewed as book related should be avoided so I'm sure some people are still holding out from watching them.

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
Also, I want to point out that if HBO did actually take the time to dig into the history on the show, it would basically turn the show into Dexter where every little thing needs to be spelled out perfectly for the viewer. Or it would turn the show into 24 where every episode starts with characters "recapping" what went down in the previous episode and explaining things to other characters that already know the info.

shyt is mad annoying. I think HBO did a brilliant job leaving it up to the viewer to decide exactly how much time they want to invest in the show. The time you put into it will greatly increase your enjoyment of it all. There are plenty of people who still think that Daenarys' name is "Khaleesi" and still have no idea who the guy was that was torturing Theon. These people are missing out greatly on what may eventually become the GOAT tv product

chemicalsword

winter is coming
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Starkset...
Breh. HBO made them joints and put them on the Blu Ray. Doesn't it stand to reason that HBO did a great job?

There is not time on the show to go that deep into any of the backstory. They really don't even do that shyt in the books, it aint laid out all nice and concise like that. Most of this backstory and history is sprinkled in little chunks here and there over the course of all 5 books and it has to be pieced together. If it wasn't for the ASOIAF-Wikipedia, the average book reader probably wouldn't even know half that shyt.

I have posted those youtube videos like 4 times throughout this thread imploring people to watch them, but some people seem to think that anything that could even be remotely viewed as book related should be avoided so I'm sure some people are still holding out from watching them.

link 1 that doesn't have season 4 and beyond spoilers breh.....

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
"A toast to the proud Lannister children: the dwarf, the cripple and the mother of madness."
555bfea8c83611e381240002c99ae82a_8.jpg

Its game(show)day again brehs
Can't wait to see the aftermath

Honestly if you watch the promo for tonight's episode & compare it with the various trailers that were released this year, Daenerys' Storyline out in Essos and ESPECIALLY the Storyline at the Wall looks like it will be more interesting than the storyline King's Landing :

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset

:blessed:
nikkas still gonna take shots at Brandalf and think he's lame til he show up, levitating, wit the
EhDhYMY.png
face

like other nikkas been sayin, it'd be impossible for hbo to provide all that extra shyt in the show and make it not-boring and drawn out

atleast they made the extra stuff for the DVD's so nikkas can fully understand shyt better (although some nikkas think those are spoilers too :what: completely disregarding that HBO made it)

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
George R.R. Martin talks Game of Thrones with ABC News as their Person of the Week

George R.R. Martin was interviewed last night on ABC World News as their Person of the Week.

The A Song of Ice and Fire author answers fan questions about his inspirations for King’s Landing, and the villainous Joffrey. He talks about writing strong female characters, and says that if he could play any character it would be the classic hero, Jon Snow. He also reveals that although his pilot cameo ended up on the cutting room floor, we can expect to see him on screen before the show’s end