Official Game of Thrones Season 4 Thread *The North Remembers*(NO SPOILERS!!)

King Crimson

Member of a very exclusive gang
Daps
Reppin
Bk/NY
She said he died of a fever....John Arryn also died of a 'fever' we learned not long before that convo.

Cersei showed enough emotion to make me believe she didn't murder him, but I wouldn't put it past that bytch ass Jamie, afterall he's been infatuated with his sister since they were children. I feel fairly confident Jamie merked that boy.
True. True... Jaime is a bytch... :ehh:

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
So I'm starting my binge re-watch in anticipation of the start of season four and it's crazy how with each viewing you catch something you missed.

Cersei confides in Cat (at Bran's bedside in the second episode) that she lost her first child, a "black-haired beauty"....did this crazy bytch kill her own child? Likely with the help of her bytch ass brother?

Murdering new born babies. Yet another reason to hate that fakkit Jamie Lannister. :pacspit:

:ohhh: The scene with Cersei and Catelyn by Bran’s bed never happened in the books. But, I completely over looked the story that Cersei told Catelyn in that scene when I rewatched that episode.

I don't know, maybe you're right. I had to pull this paragraph from the Book to Screen Analysis (Not really a spoiler, but some folks get butthurt, so i'll put into a spoiler bracket just to be safe):
And that acting isn’t done, because the next notable scene in Winterfell features her with Cersei. Those who’ve read the books know the story of Cersei’s early marriage. The fact that she says she gave birth to a black-haired son who died of a fever, whose death was a tragedy that caused both Robert and her great grief, is a significant change from the novels. We won’t go too far into it, but suffice it to say, it does seem part of a concerted effort to give Cersei a more nuanced appearance in these episodes, when compared to the Cersei of the first novel who is only ever really seen through the eyes of others. Lena Headey’s performance is cool but affecting in its way, as she commiserates with Catelyn, mother to mother.

http://www.westeros.org/GoT/Episodes/Entry/The_Kingsroad/Book_Spoilers/#Book_to_Screen

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
What is the proper full name for Joffrey? Joffrey Lannister, Joffrey Baratheon, Joffrey Hill (Last name of a b*stard from the Westerlands), or Joffrey Waters (Last name of a b*stard from the Crownlands).

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
Baratheon officially is all that matters

Cant really say Joffrey Waters because parents are not technically forced to use standard b*stard names. They could call him Joffrey Goldcloak or Joffrey Quivershot or whatever....from what I understand.

I think Waters is the answer you were seeking though

Last edited:

obarth

R.I.P Char
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Pawgs with dragons
So you acknowledge Robert had the throne? He wasn't a false king? If so, the laws then pass it on to Stannis.

If you claim Robert was a false king, then you are being contradictory and ignoring might makes right. In which case, Aegon also had no rights as the creator.

You can't have both arguments.

So when Christopher Columbus 'discovered' America, then the Europeans followed and claimed it as English land thus establishing a dynasty on soil which previously had no leadership, they by right hold dominion over the land for life just because they claimed it at an arbitrary point in time?
gdb.gif

Christopher Columbus?:dead:Are you unfamiliar with the concept of colonialism?:heh: It's completely different than what we're talking about right now. Robert isn't a false king, I already said that. Joffrey isn't either. History will cite that they sat the throne. Nothing that you're saying has anything to do with the laws of succession which are based on male-preference cognatic primogeniture. Ignore that phrase as much as you want but it's the system GRRM has pretty much all of Westeros using. The fact that Robert usurped the throne doesn't erase who has the stronger claim by the laws of succession, especially considering his claim was based on being a Targaryen. You're trying to rely on the act of rebellion but ignoring the fact that once he rebelled, nothing changed. The Seven Kingdoms were still the Seven Kingdoms. Borders weren't changed, land wasn't claimed. He didn't create a new empire. He merely presided over the current one. I'll use colonialism as an example. The English claimed the 13 colonies. They were under rule of whoever was king at the time. The colonies rebelled and created their own country independent of English rule. If they had decided to have a monarchical system, whoever was crowned king would start a line independent of the line in place by the British because they created a new country. Very different from someone usurping a throne and basing his claim on the bloodline of the person he rebelled against and ruling over a completely unchanged kingdom. You're so hell bent on giving Stannis a hypothetical "win" that you're reaching like you claimed I was when this argument started. Again, if merely rebelling and taking the throne was all that mattered, why was Robert hell bent on killing Dany for over a decade?

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
:patrice: Were y'all allowed to even mention the term "Red Wedding" in the old Season 3 non-spoiler thread before the red wedding episode?

Malik

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DMV | Philly
I remember something about someone getting locked in a tower cause they had a claim to the throne. So, I ask the question, would yall try to murk them or hide them in a dungeon?

The Princes in the Tower. It was a real thing. There's a bunch parallels between Game of Thrones and the War of the Roses. Im not gonna spoil it for you. I had written a long post but, I'll let you google it on your own.

Far as your question, its better to murk them. I feel :demonic: typing that though.

• Dap
Reactions: Jax

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
The Princes in the Tower. It was a real thing. There's a bunch parallels between Game of Thrones and the War of the Roses. Im not gonna spoil it for you. I had written a long post but, I'll let you google it on your own.

Far as your question, its better to murk them. I feel :demonic: typing that though.
nikka just post the link. I wouldn't even know what to google search for to find that post.