Official Game of Thrones Season 4 Thread *The North Remembers*(NO SPOILERS!!)

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
The thing is u can't go back before aegon because there was no realm as we know it. U can say the children of the forest because they were United as far as we know and were all over westeros, but even they, for all we know, could have had their own little sets and factions. After them it was the first men and the first men and children fought but then made an alliance to fight the others and after beating the others, a bunch of kingdoms set up all over and the age of heroes began. So there was never a set ruler of all of westeros until aegon so legally there is no way to take it back before him.

Even the time lineage starts with him. It's all 300 bl or 300 al. Aegons landing is as significant as Christ to them lol. He was the first ruler of the whole continent. Even Robert said it "there are still those who call me usurper". He won it by rebellion and even tho he ran it for years and became a loved king, even he knew his hold was not as strong as he liked, which again is why he was so hellbent on killing Danarys and viserys.

So when Christopher Columbus 'discovered' America, then the Europeans followed and claimed it as English land thus establishing a dynasty on soil which previously had no leadership, they by right hold dominion over the land for life just because they claimed it at an arbitrary point in time?

beanz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DR
So when Christopher Columbus 'discovered' America, then the Europeans followed and claimed it as English land thus establishing a dynasty on soil which previously had no leadership, they by right hold dominion over the land for life just because they claimed it at an arbitrary point in time?

well, yea breh :skip:

its a little different because aegon didnt land here and take it away from the children of the forest, all he did was organize the 7 kingdoms under him and even let those families, with the exception of the gardners, continue dominion over their own land as long as they pledged fealty to the iron throne. he didnt even take anybody's castle, he took deserted land on blackwater bay and made it his own. because of that, those 7 kingdoms respected his rule and let him rock. if he had landed here and took winterfell by force, he would have had to wipe out the starks so there would be no disputing his crown as king of winterfell. just like there was no king of the iron throne before him, there was no central government before england got here.

robert rebelled and took the throne, but the whole reason behind sitting him there instead of jon arryn or ned stark was his Targaryen bloodline. thats what gave him the right. thats why he wasnt considered a false king, because he DID have targ blood. if tywin had killed off the targs and took the throne, he would be a false king because there are no known targ-lannister ppl. robert had double targ blood. not only was his great great grandpops orys baratheon who was a targaryen b*stard brother, but his dad's mother was also a targaryen. his father and the mad king were cousins.

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
robert rebelled and took the throne, but the whole reason behind sitting him there instead of jon arryn or ned stark was his Targaryen bloodline. thats what gave him the right. thats why he wasnt considered a false king, because he DID have targ blood..

OK, thats fine....but you are once again making my point. Robert was not a false king. I.E., the line of succession is determined by his male heirs, or in this case his elder brother. Stannis once again becomes king by right.

The only way you can claim that Dany is Queen by right is if you claim that Robert never was the true king before gods and men. I don't see any disputing that.

For the record, this means Stannis too has Targ blood.

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
Is it just my browser or are none of these Littlefinger pictures loading :mjlol:

Another stain on House Baelish of the Fingers, rulers of cobblestone and goat herds :mjlol:
I don't even buy that this nikka is a Littlefinger stan. I think he's a troll.

beanz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DR
OK, thats fine....but you are once again making my point. Robert was not a false king. I.E., the line of succession is determined by his male heirs, or in this case his elder brother. Stannis once again becomes king by right.

The only way you can claim that Dany is Queen by right is if you claim that Robert never was the true king before gods and men. I don't see any disputing that.

For the record, this means Stannis too has Targ blood.
Robert wasn't a false king and stannis is the rightful heir, if no targs exist because they have the strongest claim due to their targ blood. BUT since there is someone out there with stronger targ blood, their claim is weakened. Having a targ grandma and targ ancestor isn't the same as being a targ. A targ with dragons at that.

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
I'm done if we gonna start changing the rules in the middle of the Game. Succession is clear. Ain't no do-overs. Stannis is king. :stylin:

Dany's claim is......welll......

:flabbydany:
Better get your might on Dany if you want this title

beanz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DR
:manny: you are entitled to ur opinion but if a true targaryen lands here with dragons to reclaim the throne her ancestors forged, not a single person would call her a usurper and more than half the kingdom is going to back her. Robert knew this too.

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
Sorry I Been a Stan since season 1. The guy is true underdog hero to me. . I think he is a good guy, check the last year season thread, I rode hard for Littlefinger .
:pacspit: He betrayed the honorable Lord Eddard Stark. He had the audacity to profess his feelings to Ned Stark's widow Lady Catelyn Stark when he finally meets her again while she's still grieving & blaming him for betraying Ned. He allowed the false King Joffrey to kill Ros, 1 of most smashable females on show.

Francis White

i been away to long, my feeling died.
Daps
Reppin
New York, New York
:pacspit: He betrayed the honorable Lord Eddard Stark. He had the audacity to profess his feelings to Ned Stark's widow Lady Catelyn Stark when he finally meets her again while she's still grieving & blaming him for betraying Ned. He allowed the false King Joffrey to kill Ros, 1 of most smashable females on show.
Ros was a traitor , Littlefinger helped her out and she going to spy for Varys , nope she got out down like she supposed to . Starks would have given her a pass but Littlefinger is HOH charter member. Man he using Joffrey to get what he wants , he going to do some damage after he learns about Cat getting murdered.

Daps
So I'm starting my binge re-watch in anticipation of the start of season four and it's crazy how with each viewing you catch something you missed.

Cersei confides in Cat (at Bran's bedside in the second episode) that she lost her first child, a "black-haired beauty"....did this crazy bytch kill her own child? Likely with the help of her bytch ass brother?

Murdering new born babies. Yet another reason to hate that fakkit Jamie Lannister. :pacspit:

King Crimson

Member of a very exclusive gang
Daps
Reppin
Bk/NY
So I'm starting my binge re-watch in anticipation of the start of season four and it's crazy how with each viewing you catch something you missed.

Cersei confides in Cat (at Bran's bedside in the second episode) that she lost her first child, a "black-haired beauty"....did this crazy bytch kill her own child? Likely with the help of her bytch ass brother?

Murdering new born babies. Yet another reason to hate that fakkit Jamie Lannister. :pacspit:
Somehow, I get the feeling that that one died naturally. No reason to kill it at that point. Maybe it happened when she still had high hopes for her marriage to Robert. :manny:

Daps
Somehow, I get the feeling that that one died naturally. No reason to kill it at that point. Maybe it happened when she still had high hopes for her marriage to Robert. :manny:

She said he died of a fever....John Arryn also died of a 'fever' we learned not long before that convo.

Cersei showed enough emotion to make me believe she didn't murder him, but I wouldn't put it past that bytch ass Jamie, afterall he's been infatuated with his sister since they were children. I feel fairly confident Jamie merked that boy.