Official Game of Thrones Season 4 Thread *The North Remembers*(NO SPOILERS!!)

RJY33

master of reality
Daps
How doesn't he know though? I realize cell phones don't exist but they can't send a raven? Something? A Night's Watch infiltrating your team seems like it would be at the top of the list of information to relay to Mance Rayder.

Then again I'm kinda fuzzy on the distances between the Wall and where Mance is, so I guess it's possible.

Fred.

The only people who knew were the wildling team that scaled the wall and attacked from the south side of the wall (ygritte and her boys). They didnt have any way to contact Mance on the other side of the wall this whole time.

What im wondering is how did they know to attack castle black at the same time as Mance's army on the other side did as well? :wtf: Did they hear the horns too?

ADLT

make u feel sum type a wave
Daps
Reppin
choom gang
I thought this would be fun. Here's some pictures of the cast when they aren't filming. Gonna spoiler tag it because it's a bunch of big pictures that would take up most of the page:

http://viralnewsinsider.com/the-cast-of-games-of-thrones-in-real-life/

cast-game-of-thrones-real-life-1.jpg

cast-game-of-thrones-real-life-8.jpg

cast-game-of-thrones-real-life-7.jpg

cast-game-of-thrones-real-life-3.jpg

cast-game-of-thrones-real-life-6.jpg

cast-game-of-thrones-real-life-10.jpg

cast-game-of-thrones-real-life-12.jpg

cast-game-of-thrones-real-life-14.jpg

cast-game-of-thrones-real-life-15.jpg

cast-game-of-thrones-real-life-19.jpg

cast-game-of-thrones-real-life-22.jpg

cast-game-of-thrones-real-life-24.jpg

cast-game-of-thrones-real-life-25.jpg

cast-game-of-thrones-real-life-27.jpg

cast-game-of-thrones-real-life-28.jpg

Fred.

lena :noah:

yeahisaidit

All Star
Daps
The only people who knew were the wildling team that scaled the wall and attacked from the south side of the wall (ygritte and her boys). They didnt have any way to contact Mance on the other side of the wall this whole time.

What im wondering is how did they know to attack castle black at the same time as Mance's army on the other side did as well? :wtf: Did they hear the horns too?
Jon killed the dude that use to warg into the eagle last season when he escaped the Wildlings. The warg was the way they were able to keep in contact with Mance.

When Jon was with the Wildlings, Mance said that they he was going to "Light the biggest fire the North has ever seen" as a signal to attack.

LurkLurker

No f*cks available to be given
Daps
Reppin
Secret Location, Somewhere
The group south of the wall had a Thenn warg. I assumed that was the way they were keeping in contact with Mance and letting him know when to light it up, but I could be wrong.

Brofato

Fade Doe
Daps
Completely off topic, but I kind of just want to break into a rant about how much I hate Sansa. Gosh, she's such a sorry little shyt. I can't even re-watch episodes without the urge to skip over her stupid face everytime it appears. I like every other Stark sibling, but Sansa alone ensures I stay far and away from Starkset.

Oh, and I hate EVEN MORE people saying Sansa's haters are misogynistic. I'm a girl. A girly girl. Nothing against girls who don't pick up swords. But there's a fukking difference between femininity and choosing a guy over family.

anigif_enhanced-buzz-14578-1367008967-3_preview.gif

When BOTH Joffrey's uncles were known enemies of her family, one of which was accused of trying to kill her brother and the other was proved to kill Jory. Jory, who died to protect the Starks. fukk THAT bytch AND THE HORSE SHE RODE IN ON. Sigh.

ALSO, HER NEW DRESS IS CORNY AND STUPID.

item3.rendition.slideshowVertical.got-sansa-dress-4.jpg

This? Wtf is this shyt? This is her attempt to become a mature seductive woman and woo a man twice her age who's creepily obsessed with her momma? Her storyline makes me cringe.

I've enjoyed her arc. Moreso than Jon's.

I believe she stopped feeling anything the second they killed Lady. After that, she was just rolling with the punches. There's also the context you have to take into account.

She's a lady and was raised to pretty much be married off to another highborn and have his babies.

Plus in the show she's supposed to be like 13 or 14? She's a little girl. A teenage girl who has been mentally and physically abused because of things outside of her control. After Joffrey humiliates and has her clothes ripped off in front of everyone and Tyrion comes to her aide he says "Lady Stark, you just might survive us yet" in response to her not being a dumbass and disparaging a lunatic of a king.

She did her duty and what she has had to do to stay alive. She's the one that bargained for Ned's life, if I'm not mistaken. I've never really understood the hate for her character. Is it because of her initial crush on Joffrey? Teenage girl liking the wrong boy and letting her feelings get in the way of anything else.

As for her new dress, some things don't translate well onto film plus some people are dense and need a physical change to help them realize that an emotional or mental change has gone on as well. Or that something is off.

Think Peter Parker's transformation in Spider-Man 3 or that dumbass thing David Tennant did with his tongue in Goblet of Fire.

So far she's played the game better than almost every other Stark.

yeahisaidit

All Star
Daps
The group south of the wall had a Thenn warg. I assumed that was the way they were keeping in contact with Mance and letting him know when to light it up, but I could be wrong.
That's correct, but Tormund's group had their own warg as well. Jon killed him in Season 3.

LurkLurker

Daps
Reppin
Lowkey, my girl Sansa's about to start blowing up in the show. She played Fingers like a punk when she announced to the controlling force in the Eryie who she was and then broke him off a huge favor by lying for him.

:shaq:

BillBanneker

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
so is season 4 book 3 or not? and are there a bunch of characters/plot lines in book 2 that haven't been covered in this 4 seasons?

As someone who's gone and watched the show first, I would suggest at least sparknotes book 3, starting at book four and five (and the style of writing, its in a POV) would kind of get really confusing due to the additional characters and story lines not addressed in the show yet (and the show is moving along ahead of book three in some aspects) and has some details that the show just skips over. But there are so many details and stuff in the writing a lot of stuff would take reading at least two times to figure out anyway. :yeshrug:

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
. But there are so many details and stuff in the writing a lot of stuff would take reading at least two times to figure out anyway. :yeshrug:
that's what i figured, my homegirl read most the books before the show came out. while she enjoyed the story, she definitely told me it's a dense read. i have a terrible attention span, so books like these might not even be worth it for me, i should probably just enjoy the show and KIM

Peter Parker

Superstar
Daps
that's what i figured, my homegirl read most the books before the show came out. while she enjoyed the story, she definitely told me it's a dense read. i have a terrible attention span, so books like these might not even be worth it for me, i should probably just enjoy the show and KIM
Also, just being frank here, some of a Feast For Crows and a Dance Of Dragons can kind of be boring, especially some of the Dany chapters in Dance. A Storm Of Swords is where the books really shine

LurkLurker

Daps
Reppin

Can you do audio books breh? I've been told those are good if you tend to drift off reading and the dude who narrates them is good. My neighbor listened to the whole thing during his morning commutes.

no.

girls just wanna have funds
Daps
Reppin
BRASIL
I've enjoyed her arc. Moreso than Jon's.

I believe she stopped feeling anything the second they killed Lady. After that, she was just rolling with the punches. There's also the context you have to take into account.

She's a lady and was raised to pretty much be married off to another highborn and have his babies.

Plus in the show she's supposed to be like 13 or 14? She's a little girl. A teenage girl who has been mentally and physically abused because of things outside of her control. After Joffrey humiliates and has her clothes ripped off in front of everyone and Tyrion comes to her aide he says "Lady Stark, you just might survive us yet" in response to her not being a dumbass and disparaging a lunatic of a king.

She did her duty and what she has had to do to stay alive. She's the one that bargained for Ned's life, if I'm not mistaken. I've never really understood the hate for her character. Is it because of her initial crush on Joffrey? Teenage girl liking the wrong boy and letting her feelings get in the way of anything else.

As for her new dress, some things don't translate well onto film plus some people are dense and need a physical change to help them realize that an emotional or mental change has gone on as well. Or that something is off.

Think Peter Parker's transformation in Spider-Man 3 or that dumbass thing David Tennant did with his tongue in Goblet of Fire.

So far she's played the game better than almost every other Stark.

Played the game well? Sansa? :comeon: She goes to Cersei and agrees to write the letters, ruining Ned's plans when he was arranging to get them out of there. I get eleven (in the books) or thirteen (in the show) year old girls are not mature... but I dislike her vapidness and lack of forethought, because when I was eleven, when my daddy told me something, I damn well listened to him, even if I was too little to understand what was going on. And Ned wasn't even a crappy dad for her not to trust him, he was a great one.

She stops feeling anything the moment they killed Lady? Well, she certainly was feeling enough to tell her sister she hated her and that she wished Arya had died instead of Lady.