Official Game of Thrones Season 4 Thread *The North Remembers*(NO SPOILERS!!)

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
If I was a lowborn woman in westeros I would only hang around the wall and get simps like Sam to pay for my lifestyle :lolbron:
which reminds me... how do these houses make money??

i know the lannisters HAD the gold mines.. what about the other houses

how do the night's watch get paid to be going to brothels and buying food and weapons and clothes and shyt

theworldismine13

God Emperor of SOHH
Daps
Reppin
Arrakis
wait so how did master aemon end up at the wall? i was guessing that he was forced after the baratheon takeover but he was already at the wall when the targ babies were killed so he must have been there before that

Dat Migo

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Boston
wait so how did master aemon end up at the wall? i was guessing that he was forced after the baratheon takeover but he was already at the wall when the targ babies were killed so he must have been there before that
He was suppose to be king but didnt want it and let his brother be king. He took the black so nobody would come after him if they thought he might want to make a claim for king.

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
ohh so his brother was the mad king?

Maester Aemon's brother was Aegon V Targaryen, aka Aegon the Unlikely, aka Egg

Aegon V's grandson was the Mad King, so like stated above, Maester Aemon is the Mad King's great uncle

Interestingly enough, the Baratheon brothers are Aegon V's great grandsons

So Maester Aemon is also the great uncle of Stannis, Renly, and Robert Baratheon

theworldismine13

God Emperor of SOHH
Daps
Reppin
Arrakis
Maester Aemon's brother was Aegon V Targaryen, aka Aegon the Unlikely, aka Egg

Aegon V's grandson was the Mad King, so like stated above, Maester Aemon is the Mad King's great uncle

Interestingly enough, the Baratheon brothers are Aegon V's great grandsons

So Maester Aemon is also the great uncle of Stannis, Renly, and Robert Baratheon

oh ok, but im not sure about the baratheon connection, in the youtube prehistory videos, they said the baratheon connection was actually from way back when the targerayns came to westeros, there was a tagaryen that attacked storm's end castle and took his bytch and that is where the baratheons come from, but that was waaaay back

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
oh ok, but im not sure about the baratheon connection, in the youtube prehistory videos, they said the baratheon connection was actually from way back when the targerayns came to westeros, there was a tagaryen that attacked storm's end castle and took his bytch and that is where the baratheons come from, but that was waaaay back
The Baratheon family name came from a b*stard brother to Aegon the Conquerer, that is what you are referring to

But my connection still stands

Egg's 4th child was a girl named Rhaelle. Rhaelle married an unknown Baratheon male. Their first child was Steffon Baratheon, father to Robert Stannis and Renly

So Maester Aemon is just as closely related to Stannis as he is to Daenerys, but Daenerys is part of the royal line of succession while the Baratheon brothers are not

Now, you can stop reading here if you want because I'm about to get confusing, but let me drop some more :ohhh:knowledge

Hundreds of years ago was the "Dance of Dragons" which was a civil war within the Targ dynasty regarding succession of the throne. The King had named his daughter heir, but because she was a woman her brother made a claim instead and started the war. I'm not gonna go into the details, but at the end of the war it was decided that male heirs would always take precedence over female heirs in the event of problem with the line of succession such as a branch in the family tree all dying out. This male preference included cousins. So now that Viserys was murdered by Khal Drogo, I could make an argument that since Dany is the only Targ left on the Mad King's branch and she is a female, that Robert Baratheon was the rightful heir to the throne even without having laid claim to it after his rebellion. I can further that argument and state that Stannis is the rightful heir to the Iron Throne both as an act of conquering by Robert and as part of the royal Targaryen bloodline even with Dany alive

EDIT: If you haven't read the books, do not search for a Targaryen family tree for help visualizing the confusion. Just a warning.

Last edited:

Disgustya Stallone

Man Who Owns 2 Microwaves
Daps
The Baratheon family name came from a b*stard brother to Aegon the Conquerer, that is what you are referring to

My my connection still stands

Egg's 4th child was a girl named Rhaelle. Raelle married an unknown Baratheon male. Their first child was Steffon Baratheon, father to Robert Stannis and Renly

So Maester Aemon is just as closely related to Stannis as he is to Daenerys, but Daenerys is part of the royal line of succession while the Baratheon brothers are not

Now, you can stop reading here if you want because I'm about to get confusing, but let me drop some more :ohhh:knowledge

Hundreds of years ago was the "Dance of Dragons" which was a civil war within the Targ dynasty regarding succession of the throne. The King had named his daughter heir, but because she was a woman her brother made a claim instead and started the war. I'm not gonna go into the details, but at the end of the war it was decided that male heirs would always take precedence over female heirs in the event of problem with the line of succession such as a branch in the family tree all dying out. This male preference included cousins. So now that Viserys was murdered by Khal Drogo, I could make an argument that since Dany is the only Targ left on the Mad King's branch and she is a female, that Robert Baratheon was the rightful heir to the throne even without having laid claim to it after his rebellion. I can further that argument and state that Stannis is the rightful heir to the Iron Throne both as an act of conquering by Robert and as part of the royal Targaryen bloodline even with Dany alive
yo

goddamn cuz

LurkLurker

No f*cks available to be given
Daps
Reppin
Secret Location, Somewhere
This male preference included cousins. So now that Viserys was murdered by Khal Drogo, I could make an argument that since Dany is the only Targ left on the Mad King's branch and she is a female, that Robert Baratheon was the rightful heir to the throne even without having laid claim to it after his rebellion. I can further that argument and state that Stannis is the rightful heir to the Iron Throne both as an act of conquering by Robert and as part of the royal Targaryen bloodline even with Dany alive

:boss:

:boss:

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
Completely off topic, but I kind of just want to break into a rant about how much I hate Sansa. Gosh, she's such a sorry little shyt. I can't even re-watch episodes without the urge to skip over her stupid face everytime it appears. I like every other Stark sibling, but Sansa alone ensures I stay far and away from Starkset.

Oh, and I hate EVEN MORE people saying Sansa's haters are misogynistic. I'm a girl. A girly girl. Nothing against girls who don't pick up swords. But there's a fukking difference between femininity and choosing a guy over family.

anigif_enhanced-buzz-14578-1367008967-3_preview.gif

When BOTH Joffrey's uncles were known enemies of her family, one of which was accused of trying to kill her brother and the other was proved to kill Jory. Jory, who died to protect the Starks. fukk THAT bytch AND THE HORSE SHE RODE IN ON. Sigh.

ALSO, HER NEW DRESS IS CORNY AND STUPID.

item3.rendition.slideshowVertical.got-sansa-dress-4.jpg

This? Wtf is this shyt? This is her attempt to become a mature seductive woman and woo a man twice her age who's creepily obsessed with her momma? Her storyline makes me cringe.

:snoop::camby::umad: You really late to the discussion. Go read the thread pages from last week.

Last edited:

theworldismine13

God Emperor of SOHH
Daps
Reppin
Arrakis

But my connection still stands

Egg's 4th child was a girl named Rhaelle. Rhaelle married an unknown Baratheon male. Their first child was Steffon Baratheon, father to Robert Stannis and Renly

EDIT: If you haven't read the books, do not search for a Targaryen family tree for help visualizing the confusion. Just a warning.

ohh cool, interesting

i read the first two books, i had actually read the first 2 books a long ass time ago before the series was a twinkle in hbo's eye, but i stopped reading it cuz it seemed like dude was gonna send me on a never ending tale

i dont know if you ever read the wheel of time books by robert jordan, but that dude sent me in an unending story line that i didnt appreciate, i suspected that game of thrones was gonna try the same thing so i stopped at book 2 to focus on real life (if a book is good, i actually put real life on pause until a finish the book, and game of thrones was good)

but anyways yeah, im enjoying not really knowing whats gonna happen

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
not reading this thread until i get caught up, but how are nikkas rooting for stannis :wtf: the only baratheon who should be sitting up there was sent off into never neverland in a row boat...because his brainwahsed uncle wanted to sacrifice him

yall nikkas must be :demonic:

:wtf: Who the fukk are you talking about?!