Official Game of Thrones Season 4 Thread *The North Remembers*(NO SPOILERS!!)

Arianne Martell

"Unbowed, Unbent, Unbroken"
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
House Martell #SnakeGang #Targset
I knew it had to be a real person :ohhh:

'Game of Thrones' Giant Played Basketball for UNC
By Robert Chan 3 hours ago Yahoo TV

Neil Fingleton in 'Game of Thrones'

Did you think the hulking giant in the epic battle on Sunday night's Game of Thrones was computer-generated? Think again!
That giant was played by an actual person, the 7-foot-7 Neil Fingleton. And if his name seems vaguely familiar, it's because he was a McDonald's All-America college basketball player!

Fingleton, who's originally from England, was recruited to play at the University of North Carolina. But he left after just two seasons and back surgery, and transferred to Holy Cross.

After graduating, he played briefly overseas before turning to acting.

"I have been doing acting work since my basketball career finished," he told the Daily Mail a few years ago. "Now I am concentrating on acting and trying to move to L.A. soon to jump in with both feet so to speak."

He's found some success, landing roles in X-Men: First Class (as a Russian bodyguard) and 47 Ronin (as Lovecraftian Samurai). And Fingleton started a clothing line for very tall men.

Neil Fingleton in 'Game of Thrones'
As Britain's tallest man, Fingleton is sure to stand out wherever he goes. But he doesn't mind. "I always do what I want, some tall people may be restricted as they are constantly stared at or people ask the same questions over and over," he said. "This is the only bad thing about being tall — the stupid remarks and questions. Other than that, being tall is great."

Last edited:

King Crimson

Member of a very exclusive gang
Daps
Reppin
Bk/NY

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
on ep 5.... i'm definitely #starksetsnowgang, but wtf @ sansa. i want to slap the shyt out of her, she been passed from person to person and still is dumb enough tto trust people and think there's a happy ending waiting for her. really, trust baelish?

• Dap
Reactions: no.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
low key that was the best got episode ive seen
ish brought me to that the two towers place in lotr , that action, that on your feet like oh sh*t

thank you budget

that little kid with the hoh nod after he put a arrow in ygrittes heart :obama:

• Dap
Reactions: CJ

K-Deini

GOAT
Supporter
Daps
26969462_2h6zyvm.gif
i rep the one true king but :dead:

#StannisSet will remember this :demonic:

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
YEA THIS IS RIDICULOUS. You nikkas really dikkride ANYTHING this show does. But let us discuss how the master of coin for tbis show should be hung and all his children flayed. 4 years of war and only like 3 battles.

100k vs 100 looks like 200 vs 40 :mjlol:

My nikka do you remember spartacus? they actually had nikkas thinking it was a real large scale war :whew:

i knew my nukka mook wouldnt let me down

spartacus battles was :wow: even with that small ass budget.

even this battle it was like 30 thens n ygritte gang in a small space, and then like 50 other dudes on the other wall

it was still a entertaining episdoe after weeks of boredom however

The Prince of All Saiyans

Formerly Jisoo Stan & @Twitter
Daps

even this battle it was like 30 thens n ygritte gang in a small space, and then like 50 other dudes on the other wall

:rudy:

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
After this episode, I don't want to hear anyone saying GoT is light on action.

That battle scene surpasses any battle scene in television or film that I can think of. Braveheart isn't up there. Lord of the Rings isn't up there. I honestly can't think of a better battle scene. Granted there could be one in a film or show I haven't seen.

And some people have the nerve to call it average. Yeah, we want to see what happens to Tyrion as well as the resolution of other plotlines which no doubt we'll see next episode.

But Jon Snow as well as Sam, Ygritte, Gilly, and others were all characters that we've spent multiple seasons with and, at least in my case, there's an investment in the characters.

So to see the culmination and continued development of certain arcs coupled with the best battle scene of its kind makes this one of the best episodes of GoT...if not the best period.

its like nikkas forgot spartacus existed :dahell:

Mook

We should all strive to be like Mr. Rogers.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh

Spartacus spending the budget to blow up a stadium. GoT spending the budget on hairnets and dresses :mjlol:

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
not reading this thread until i get caught up, but how are nikkas rooting for stannis :wtf: the only baratheon who should be sitting up there was sent off into never neverland in a row boat...because his brainwahsed uncle wanted to sacrifice him

yall nikkas must be :demonic:

TKOK

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Sactown
its like nikkas forgot spartacus existed :dahell:

Spartacus always looked too fake to me. Don't get me wrong though battles were :banderas. But i'd take a realer looking battle like this over those type of things.

But LOTR stuff like Helms Deep, Pelennor Fields, Mordor battle> any battle that GOT has done. Now if GOT had whatever part of the budget that Helm's deep took up(similar type battle) then we'd be talking.