Official Game of Thrones Season 4 Thread *The North Remembers*(NO SPOILERS!!)

NSSVO

Veteran
Daps
What's going on here? Y'all nikkas really trying to hate on that episode?

NSSVO

Veteran
Daps
"Love is the death of duty"

got13-1.gif

O Jolly I'm Gully

((ReFleXioN)) EteRNaL

RIP MR. SMOKE
Daps
but for real though. jon's sword game was lookin immaculate out there....movin wit the elegance of a prime pernell whitaker. he got overpowered but still managed to pull out the victory over a much stronger more experienced warrior. he's improving at an alarming rate. you know you a G when you go out on a suicide mission and leave your sword behind like that's some ordinary shyt to do. jon gonna be the only muthafukker in the westeros catchin straight up fades and shyt. seen him blossom from a confused boy to a fukkin boss....if only it was him leading the the north into battle instead of robb:wow:

Last edited:

raff

Rookie
Daps
but for real though. jon's sword game was lookin immaculate out there....movin wit the elegance of a prime pernell whitaker. he got overpowered but still managed to pull out the victory over a much stronger more experienced warrior. he's improving at an alarming rate. you know you a G when you go out on a suicide mission and leave your sword behind like that's some ordinary shyt to do. jon gonna be the only muthafukker in the westeros catchin straight up fades and shyt. seen him blossom from a confused boy to a fukkin boss....if only it was him leading the the north into battle instead of robb:wow:
:what:
Charlie Clips voice: "The shyts the same my nikka".

More or less the same outcome.

beanz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DR
which reminds me... how do these houses make money??

i know the lannisters HAD the gold mines.. what about the other houses

how do the night's watch get paid to be going to brothels and buying food and weapons and clothes and shyt

i think every kingdom has its own commerce and trade system since before the conquest. they can keep going on with their shyt as long as they pay taxes to the crown.

lannisters had gold.

tyrells have the most fertile lands so they grow tons of food.

the greyjoys just pillage and steal and probably fish.

im sure the north hunts alot and things like bear and wolf furs and elk and deer meat are a hot commodity in essos and the vale.

the vale is all mountains so it probably has some silver, bronze or any other kind of mines out there. also some kind of trading system with bravoos being so close.

the stormlands are probably hunters as well and are also close to essos so theres that.

the riverlands most likely do alot of fishing and since their kingdom is almost in the middle of the rest, probably have a lot of trade going on with the rest of the kingdoms. maybe even play middlemen in some trades.

dorne also has close proximity to essos so they probably importing shyt too.

the nights watch im not sure, but i think they trade with some wildlings but besides that are pretty self sustaining. all they need is food which they can hunt for and grow, clothes which they can make, and weapons which they can forge. they dont really need money. they probably pay at mole's town with hunted meat :pachaha:

The Baratheon family name came from a b*stard brother to Aegon the Conquerer, that is what you are referring to

But my connection still stands

Egg's 4th child was a girl named Rhaelle. Rhaelle married an unknown Baratheon male. Their first child was Steffon Baratheon, father to Robert Stannis and Renly

So Maester Aemon is just as closely related to Stannis as he is to Daenerys, but Daenerys is part of the royal line of succession while the Baratheon brothers are not

Now, you can stop reading here if you want because I'm about to get confusing, but let me drop some more :ohhh:knowledge

Hundreds of years ago was the "Dance of Dragons" which was a civil war within the Targ dynasty regarding succession of the throne. The King had named his daughter heir, but because she was a woman her brother made a claim instead and started the war. I'm not gonna go into the details, but at the end of the war it was decided that male heirs would always take precedence over female heirs in the event of problem with the line of succession such as a branch in the family tree all dying out. This male preference included cousins. So now that Viserys was murdered by Khal Drogo, I could make an argument that since Dany is the only Targ left on the Mad King's branch and she is a female, that Robert Baratheon was the rightful heir to the throne even without having laid claim to it after his rebellion. I can further that argument and state that Stannis is the rightful heir to the Iron Throne both as an act of conquering by Robert and as part of the royal Targaryen bloodline even with Dany alive

EDIT: If you haven't read the books, do not search for a Targaryen family tree for help visualizing the confusion. Just a warning.

it never ever occurred to me to look at it like that. by that logic, stannis actually is the rightful king in every way :ohhh:

TKOK

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Sactown
:whoa: lets not overrate jon's sword game. wildlings aren't known for their skill as soldiers/weapons with a couple exceptions like tormund and ygritte. They were better than a majority of the NW but that's because a lot of the NW is made up murders and other scum types who had never picked up a sword or shot a bow before they got there.

Also Robb's war game didn't do him in, his politics game did.

Jards

All Star
Daps
on ep 5.... i'm definitely #starksetsnowgang, but wtf @ sansa. i want to slap the shyt out of her, she been passed from person to person and still is dumb enough tto trust people and think there's a happy ending waiting for her. really, trust baelish?
You still think it's overrated or nah?

And welcome to the set :salute:

#starkset #wolfgang

beanz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DR
:whoa: lets not overrate jon's sword game. wildlings aren't known for their skill as soldiers/weapons with a couple exceptions like tormund and ygritte. They were better than a majority of the NW but that's because a lot of the NW is made up murders and other scum types who had never picked up a sword or shot a bow before they got there.

Also Robb's war game didn't do him in, his politics game did.

yea word. watching jon snow fall in love with ygritte in like a month makes me sure same shyt would happen with him as what happened to robb. only difference between them is that jon being a b*stard, he wouldnt have gotten that marriage offer from frey.

Jards

All Star
Daps
Maester Aemon's brother was Aegon V Targaryen, aka Aegon the Unlikely, aka Egg

Aegon V's grandson was the Mad King, so like stated above, Maester Aemon is the Mad King's great uncle

Interestingly enough, the Baratheon brothers are Aegon V's great grandsons

So Maester Aemon is also the great uncle of Stannis, Renly, and Robert Baratheon
:ohhh:

And them Nikkas went to war :wow:

TKOK

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Sactown
yea word. watching jon snow fall in love with ygritte in like a month makes me sure same shyt would happen with him as what happened to robb. only difference between them is that jon being a b*stard, he wouldnt have gotten that marriage offer from frey.
While the Marriage goof gets the majority of the spotlight. Him sending Theon off to treat with Balon was a big mistake. If he doesn't do that, Theon doesn't take Winterfell( wasn't in balons plans iirc). that was a major blow to The Northern Campaign. The reason he had to go back and make a deal with The Freys was because he had to go and retake Winterfell.