Official Game of Thrones Season 4 Thread *The North Remembers*(NO SPOILERS!!)

TheNatureBoy

Veteran
Daps
Question, dude who was a coward and went into hiding with Sam's girl what happened to him? I know when Sam came back they showed him in the corner, but the scene was dark on my TV.

Peter Parker

Superstar
Daps
By the way, if anyone is curious about the changes from book to show(I havent really read much of this thread so I dont know if its been said)

But Styrs army came first ( the people Ygritte was with) we dont really have a POV in their camp, so they're coming was just kind of a surprise, since they come right after Jon gets shot in his leg by Ygritte. Jon was gimpy as fukk the whole time and walked around on a cane, he just stayed in the tower with everyone and shot arrows at people, and when the wildlings tried to seize the tower he dropped boiling pitch on everyone, and sliced nikkas up with Longclaw. He never sees who shoots Ygritte and comes up on her just when she's about to die, and they do the whole cave shyt. Mance's actual army with the giants and shyt comes the next day, and goes pretty much the same way it went in the show. The only real difference is, Allister Thorne and Janos Slynt dont show up until after the initial battle with Mance's army, take Jon prisoner, and send him out to do what he's doing now in the show rather than Jon coming up with that idea himself

The first battle was much better in the show although a lot less suspenseful :ld:

Last edited:

#StarkSet

Stark till I die
Supporter
Daps
this little nikka who swag was on 234,832,423!!!!!

first battle ever.. right after seeing his whole fam literally get ate up... he got the black on... bow bigger than him

checked him in the game with 2.5 left... hit the game winning shot.. he ain't going wild... he chillin.. leg up like he going somewhere.. little smirk on his face.. head nod but in the downward motion like "i got you my nikka" then walked off the court

on the real.. it's crazy how the night's watch is the most thorough and loyal squad.. i mean granted they had the wall to protect them.. but damn.. for some convicts and throwaways, they held that shyt all the way the fukk down. i don't think any other set.... except the targs with the dragons... would have held it down like that

and the only nikka who even thought of deserting, was the dude from kings landing

i mean really.. go do some crime.. then the prison like yea nikka, we shipping you to alaska for LIFE.. then let some fukking giants show up on willy mammoths.. and see how long them nikkas gonna stand there and fight

and that old dude even redeemed himself... had that semi heart to heart with jon.. then gave that work to the bearded wildling for a good minute... i mean shyt... nobody was fukking with that dude the entire series.. took like 10 dudes and a few arrows just to get him to stop fighting.. and that old man was going head up..

does he have a non spoiler backstory? how he get so nice all the sudden
right before his village was first attacked they showed him shooting a bow and saying how he was the best in the village or some shyt like that

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
Just read that the scene in the tunnel with Grenn and the giant was supposed to show an actual fight but the 2 day scheduled shoot got cancelled, probably for budgetary reasons

The giant was supposed to smash his hands through the gate and grab one of the Nights Watchmen and pull him through the bars of the gate like a cheese grater :whoo:

shyt would have been so ill :noah:

Imagine how much piff we have missed out on in this series because of budget problems :lupe:

TheDoc

Banned
Daps
Question, dude who was a coward and went into hiding with Sam's girl what happened to him? I know when Sam came back they showed him in the corner, but the scene was dark on my TV.

The show didn't tell us.

In the books
He was the one who sends out Jon to kill Mance, hoping that Jon will get murked in the process too

TheDoc

Banned
Daps
this little nikka who swag was on 234,832,423!!!!!

first battle ever.. right after seeing his whole fam literally get ate up... he got the black on... bow bigger than him

checked him in the game with 2.5 left... hit the game winning shot.. he ain't going wild... he chillin.. leg up like he going somewhere.. little smirk on his face.. head nod but in the downward motion like "i got you my nikka" then walked off the court

on the real.. it's crazy how the night's watch is the most thorough and loyal squad.. i mean granted they had the wall to protect them.. but damn.. for some convicts and throwaways, they held that shyt all the way the fukk down. i don't think any other set.... except the targs with the dragons... would have held it down like that

and the only nikka who even thought of deserting, was the dude from kings landing

i mean really.. go do some crime.. then the prison like yea nikka, we shipping you to alaska for LIFE.. then let some fukking giants show up on willy mammoths.. and see how long them nikkas gonna stand there and fight

and that old dude even redeemed himself... had that semi heart to heart with jon.. then gave that work to the bearded wildling for a good minute... i mean shyt... nobody was fukking with that dude the entire series.. took like 10 dudes and a few arrows just to get him to stop fighting.. and that old man was going head up..

does he have a non spoiler backstory? how he get so nice all the sudden

His backstory is pretty simple:
Back then he rolled with the Targs, but then the Robert x Tywin all-star crew took over King's Landing, Tywin sent his ass to the wall.
And that's it.

Last edited by a moderator:

FrederickDouglas

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
After this episode, I don't want to hear anyone saying GoT is light on action.

That battle scene surpasses any battle scene in television or film that I can think of. Braveheart isn't up there. Lord of the Rings isn't up there. I honestly can't think of a better battle scene. Granted there could be one in a film or show I haven't seen.

And some people have the nerve to call it average. Yeah, we want to see what happens to Tyrion as well as the resolution of other plotlines which no doubt we'll see next episode.

But Jon Snow as well as Sam, Ygritte, Gilly, and others were all characters that we've spent multiple seasons with and, at least in my case, there's an investment in the characters.

So to see the culmination and continued development of certain arcs coupled with the best battle scene of its kind makes this one of the best episodes of GoT...if not the best period.

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
io6tmpE.png

:merchant: