Official Game of Thrones Season 4 Thread *The North Remembers*(NO SPOILERS!!)

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
That's the flaw in the theory. Targaryens pretty much are blonde. Thing is, Targaryens are notorious for inbreeding, which is probably why they've shown so little diversity thus far. (My theory).
As for why Jon looked more like a Stark than the other Stark kids. I just chalked it up to the Tully's having strong genetic traits.

Actually

Starks are actually a dominant traits, like Baratheons. Just as when a Targ married the first Baratheon, the offspring had black hair.

The book also says Arya looks like Lyanna. It compares Jon to Arya, thus Jon looks like Lyanna as well.

The biggest point towards the theory is the fact that three of the greatest Kingsguard members, including the Lord Commander, were defending the Tower of Joy. By law/duty they should have been protecting the royal family, meaning they should have come with Rhaegar. The only reason they would stay is if they were protecting a member of the royal family...

King Crimson

Member of a very exclusive gang
Daps
Reppin
Bk/NY
Actually

Starks are actually a dominant traits, like Baratheons. Just as when a Targ married the first Baratheon, the offspring had black hair.

The book also says Arya looks like Lyanna. It compares Jon to Arya, thus Jon looks like Lyanna as well.

The biggest point towards the theory is the fact that three of the greatest Kingsguard members, including the Lord Commander, were defending the Tower of Joy. By law/duty they should have been protecting the royal family, meaning they should have come with Rhaegar. The only reason they would stay is if they were protecting a member of the royal family...

:ehh: Even more proof. I wonder how come they never spilled the beans.

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
:ohhh: Who exactly are the 5 kings involved in "The War of the 5 Kings"? I'm afraid to read the article about it on the awoiaf.westeros.org wiki page, because it's gonna be impossible to read it without shyt being spoiled for me.

eMDee92i

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Paris/Chi
:ohhh: Who exactly are the 5 kings involved in "The War of the 5 Kings"? I'm afraid to read the article about it on the awoiaf.westeros.org wiki page, because it's gonna be impossible to read it without shyt being spoiled for me.

No spoilers there, you've been witnessing it already. It's Stannis, Renly, Robb, Balon Greyjoy and Joffrey :demonic:

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
No spoilers there, you've been witnessing it already. It's Stannis, Renly, Robb, Balon Greyjoy and Joffrey :demonic:

:wtf: Based on the show, I have no idea what the Greyjoys are doing. I forgot that they we're even trying to take the North. Didn't Bolton become the "Warden of the North" in Last Season's finale? WTF are the Greyjoys even doing now besides trying to rescue Theon?

eMDee92i

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Paris/Chi
:wtf: Based on the show, I have no idea what the Greyjoys are doing. I forgot that they we're even trying to take the North. Didn't Bolton become the "Warden of the North" in Last Season's finale? WTF are the Greyjoys even doing now besides trying to rescue Theon?

I got a bad memory as to what I read in the books and what I saw on the show so I don't want to say something that'll get me killed by some of these nikkas :mjpls:

But if memory serves, you should see more of the Greyjoys and Pyke this season :demonic:

King Crimson

Daps
Reppin
Bk/NY
:usure:
Balon ain't give a shyt about Theon. :bryan:
It's lil sis to the rescue. :cape:

Malik

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DMV | Philly
Holllllly fuuuuuuuuuck. It makes so much more sense than I thought it would after first seeing that thought. I'm reading the books now, but I'm only halfway through the first. Anyone complaining about the book readers having that much of an edge, pretty sure this is a theory that anyone who watches the show could have came up with also for real. That just blew mah fukkkkin mind though lol. But...

If Snow is a Targaryen, why does he pretty mch only have Stark features? I mean, even in the book it was stated that he looks more like Ned than any of his full blooded children.

You can just chalk it up to the Starks having dominant traits (dark hair, dark eyes). Also its a convenient plot device :mjpls: It would be pretty hard to hide a silver haired purple eyed baby in the North, Roose Bolton, Karstark and the Greatjon would've been on Ned's head, so of course GRRM had to write it so that Jon Snow favored his mother.

TheGreatShowtime

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Swamp

Balon was trying to take over the North (again) when he realized Robb Stark & the North were off fighting a war. Book 4 goes into the Greyjoy stuff, so maybe this season or next will :manny:

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA

No spoilers, Balon sent Yara and Theon out to take parts of the North. Yara did her job, but Theon wanted to prove a point so he decided to take Winterfell to make his daddy proud.

Instead, Theon got caught up in the Boltons overtaking the North and Ramsey cut off his cock and balls and sent them to Balon

Balon doesn't give a fukk about Theon anymore because he isn't a "man" now, so Yara is leaving to rescue him. It is unclear what Balon is up to based on the show's presentation, I assume they will go into it in season 4. I think we are supposed to be under the assumption right now that he is holding whatever part of the north that Yara conquered (I don't remember which). His plans and desires beyond that now that the situation in the North has changed have not been addressed.

King Crimson

Daps
Reppin
Bk/NY
Balon was trying to take over the North (again) when he realized Robb Stark & the North were off fighting a war. Book 4 goes into the Greyjoy stuff, so maybe this season or next will :manny:
Real talk, I'm StarkSet/WolfGang/SnowBoys til the end, but I'm interested in the way the Iron born live. They seem like some hardy motherfukkers. :ehh:

• Dap
Reactions: Jax

duncanthetall

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WHODEY/BIGBLUE/SNOWGANG/MIDNIGHTBOYZ
Real talk, I'm StarkSet/WolfGang/SnowBoys til the end, but I'm interested in the way the Iron born live. They seem like some hardy motherfukkers. :ehh:
Nah, son. I'm tryna see Stannis da GAWD fight the real war in the north north, nahmean. Only mothafukka besides the boys on the wall who seems to realize whats really bout to go down.